Will 05-Oct-17
notme 05-Oct-17
Moons22 06-Oct-17
Medicinemann 06-Oct-17
Will 06-Oct-17
notme 06-Oct-17
05-Oct-17
4:43 PM LIVE from Ct*
Been debating doing one of these since leaving the house... not sure how well ill do, but in the end, figured, what the heck. Hunting just over the Ma line in NE CT. Havent hunted this spot in about 5 years. Looks real good and has lots of red and white oak nuts coming down. Squirrels are out of control. Feels like a million of them. Last time here I missed a nice, probably 2.5yo... that was a long time ago but has been fun to relive looking at the hemlock he was next to.

Winds wsw, which is good.

Had to pause, just had a group of about 8 toms come by behind me. Not sure if the pics got em...

05-Oct-17

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Behind me... there may be a turkey in there...

05-Oct-17

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Likely approach direction in front...

05-Oct-17
Good luck Will!

05-Oct-17

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Boot, and a smidge of the uphill side... and one of the white oaks bombing me...

05-Oct-17
Oh, i also have the best wife ever. Telling me to hunt, on a night when she will end up taking the kids to swim lessons, the local canolli festival and deal with dinner and likely bed time. She, is a frigging rock star...

05-Oct-17
Yup, they are there watching your every move. All 8 of them, 7 magnificent and the chic who hired them to defend their roost against the pale skin invader from the North. Good luck.

05-Oct-17
Goodluck!

05-Oct-17
Good luck will

05-Oct-17
Thanks!

Just saw a sure booner...

05-Oct-17
Booner squirrel that is. 3# if he was an ounce. Inch between the ears. Massive! Ha!

Close to the last legal hour... fingers crossed!

05-Oct-17
Good luck Will! Plant an arrow in the boiler room.

05-Oct-17
Saw a doe and skip. They stayed on the other side of the little valley and munched nuts for a bit before going over the hill out of view. Nice evening! Time for the drive home...

05-Oct-17
Your seeing them!!! Have the battle. Drive safe!

05-Oct-17
Always a win when u see deer! I bumped one on the way out.

05-Oct-17
You been doing very well on the sightings will....put a arrow in one already.....and buy a turkey tag. I know ur a turkey nut

05-Oct-17
Never even thought of buying a turkey tag J... i should look at that just in case. Ive been having good mojo thus far, seeing deer darn well for hunting the NE corner.. just slightly off location wise. Staying positive!

Thats awesome Moons. As soon as MA opens you will be in deer like mad with your spots here!

Thanks Dean... fun to see em at least!

05-Oct-17
Hold on a minute!!! I want to know about the cannoli festival!!!!

06-Oct-17
Will, a buddy of mine called me in a panic the other night, about 1am. (What he was doing, only god knows...) anyways, he said he saw "the craziest looking deer he's ever seen" (he doesn't hunt, but is a great blood tracker;) ). This deer ran right in front of his truck into the guys yard that I hunt at. Said that one side of his rack was f'ed up. Sounds to me like a non typical........... can't wait to get home and check my camera!

06-Oct-17
post it up when you get it....

06-Oct-17
NotMe. I thought of posting some pic's my wife sent of the kids mowing down... but they I remembered the nice, family centered "semi live" hunt I started earlier in the year, when you shared that excellent belly shot... I wanted to avoid that :)

Ha

Nah, it sounded cool. A bunch of pastry chef's from central MA - my wife said there were about 30-40 places you could try Canoli's, live music, etc. Ill have to "warn" you ahead of time so you can make the drive up from the NutMeg state next year! ha ha ha!

06-Oct-17
Ya dude, viewing such a sight can be detrimental to a young developing mind...lol

We got some pretty damn good cannolis down here..i used to pay off certian legal foot soilders to gain access to private fishing spots with them...lol

• Sitka Gear