dave cahilly 13-Oct-17
lewis 13-Oct-17
B&C 13-Oct-17
HDE 14-Oct-17
B&C 14-Oct-17
Matt 14-Oct-17
SaddleReaper 16-Oct-17
08-Oct-17
Picked up a couple packs of 125 gr slick trick magnums as I am going to 125 gr heads.They will not fit into my inserts only will screw in part of the way.My 100 gr standards screw right in and fit just fine. Any hep will be appreciated.Lewis

08-Oct-17
Picked up a couple packs of 125 gr slick trick magnums as I am going to 125 gr heads.They will not fit into my inserts only will screw in part of the way.My 100 gr standards screw right in and fit just fine. Any hep will be appreciated.Lewis

08-Oct-17
Need the next size insert

08-Oct-17
You probably have glue in the end of your insert. I think the ferrule is longer on the 125. Drill it out a run a 8-32 tap through it.

08-Oct-17
Slightly heat the screw in tip of a field point and screw it in shaft insert. Then take a q tip with acetone on it and wipe inside of insert. If glue is the issue, it should correct you insertion problem with the ST BH.

08-Oct-17
Slightly heat the screw in tip of a field point and screw it in shaft insert. Then take a q tip with acetone on it and wipe inside of insert. If glue is the issue, it should correct you insertion problem with the ST BH.

08-Oct-17
Thanks guys that just might be the problem

08-Oct-17
I'll have to check with my pro shop as I got them from him but a good idea I did find a burr on the threading on one of the broad heads.we will see Lewis

08-Oct-17
Wow still working to get them and with lubricant

09-Oct-17
I've only used 125s. Hold your 100s &125s next to each other and identify the difference in the threads/ferrules and that should tell you what's going on.

09-Oct-17
Glue in the insert is not the problem if your other broadheads screw in fine. I would say there is something wrong with the threads on your new 125's. Take them back and take an arrow along to have them try another pack to make sure they thread in properly.

09-Oct-17
I finally got some in but way too much pressure to do so my 100 standards screw in ver easily Lewis

09-Oct-17
Do you shoot Gold Tip by chance? Some inserts are not threaded all the way through, the threads stop short of the end of the insert. Get a 8-32 tap and thread it all the way through.

09-Oct-17
No cx piledriver and ct whitetails I just opened anew pack and they screwed into my cts very easily Lewis

09-Oct-17
The 100grn mags I use thread in smoothly.. makes sense something may be fouling the end of the insert.

10-Oct-17
Just a thought but could you have accidentally picked up a pack of deep six 125 gr. mags?

11-Oct-17
WAIT,,, so deep six don't fit regular inserts?? I almost bought those a couple times on sale.

11-Oct-17
The standard thread size is 32 threads per inch. Deep Six threads are 40 per inch.

11-Oct-17
Checked the packaging they are slick trick mags not the deep six I did also checked the inserts in the piledrivers and found no obstruction have no idea.I did send slick tricks an email but haven't heard back.Lewis

11-Oct-17
I have 85 , 100, and 125s they all screw into the sane insert w/o a problem standard or magnums make no difference just blade size

11-Oct-17
lewis - sand or file the coating on the broadhead above the thread by putting it into a drill like a bit to act as a lathe and use emery cloth or a fine tooth bastard file and they should bottom out when you screw them in.

Had one or two in a pack of standards this year and that fixed the problem.

11-Oct-17
Thanks all so far I've made it work but was surprised still luv slicks

13-Oct-17
I had the same problem with at least one broadhead from two different packs. Slick Trick magnum 100 grain. I emailed the customer service and was told that they had some quality control issues. they sent me a replacement pack right away, which I appreciated, but still sort of a bummer. Excellent heads though!

13-Oct-17
^^^ they ruined the morning for a bull this year for me.

13-Oct-17
had the same problem with my full metal jackets. decided to screw in the 125 slick tricks 2 nites before I left for Nebraska. . slick trick didn't enter the thread at all short by 1/8 inch had no choice but cut a little off the shaft. all other broadheads worked but the slick tricks.

13-Oct-17
Here is what I have found the slick trick mags screw right in to my cts they screw ok into some of my piledrivers I'm thinking it my be the inserts that came with the cxs but I put some on this am and it was a bitch we ll see heading to Mo in the am Lewis

13-Oct-17
I don't mean to hijack the thread. But I received a bad batch of heads before I headed out to New Mexico for elk. The blades would not fit in the ferrule. I called Slick Trick and they offered to send me a single ferrule. It took two packs of heads to make a full quiver. I thought that was BS! They may fly, but their service cost them a customer. And to top it off they wanted a picture of my bull!

14-Oct-17
My post may have sounded like they ruined an opportunity for me. They didn't. They ruined the bulls morning 8^)

When I had a ferrule not fit, I expcected a single ferrule. They sent a 4 pk instead.

14-Oct-17
I killed a bull with them too, but their customer service was POOR!

14-Oct-17
I have seen instances where the specs of either BH or insert were slightly off from AMO standards so they would not fully screw in. Good companies will make it right if the issue is on them.

16-Oct-17
As a former design engineer for TOG and ST broadheads I can tell you the major OD portion of the ferrule between the threads and shoulder is kept to .2025"-.2045". On the rare occasion its possible some could fall outside of this but they shouldn't. This standard diameter size and tolerance is strictly followed FYI.

Quality control is pretty good at TOG, and the ferrules are turned on Citizen Swiss CNC lathes which can hold tight tolerances all day provided the program and operator do their job right.

• Sitka Gear