craig@work 09-Oct-17
mattandersen 09-Oct-17
Hawkeye 09-Oct-17
craig@work 09-Oct-17
Hawkeye 09-Oct-17
Brotsky 09-Oct-17
Twanger 09-Oct-17
09-Oct-17
I've been shooting blazers thru my whisker biscuit for a few years without issues. But....I love the look of feathers. What size feather does a blazer compare to? With my setup I probably can only shoot 3" feathers because at 4" they touch the biscuit before I draw. Thoughts?

09-Oct-17
Blazers are 2" long. I've seen advertisements for feathers that are short such as Gateway Rayzr, but I've never shot feathers so can't offer any details on performance.

09-Oct-17
How do feathers hold up when put through a whisker biscuit?

09-Oct-17
I've put Razors on for a few customers in the past and they held up well through the WB rest.

09-Oct-17
Thanks for the input all. PECO from all reports it can chew the edges a little but still shoot great. Looking for a more forgiving setup

09-Oct-17
Pat & xman- what size heads were being used? I'm using black hornets and snuffer ss.

09-Oct-17
I shoot a WB and 4" feathers, have for years now. I like feathers cause I can put a helical on them, I like fletching them and they fly great through the WB. Prob chews up the ends of the feathers some but they still shoot just fine when they are a bit worn. I wouldn't hesitate one bit.

09-Oct-17
I have been using 4-fletch 3" feathers for about 3 years now. Love the look of them and they hold up great. They seem more forgiving with fixed blades as well :)

09-Oct-17
Pat I have used drop aways in the past like a QAD and I just wanted to go with something a little more bulletproof. And to me it's more of a set it and forget it option. Don't have to worry it's not functional or timing is off.

09-Oct-17
I would definitely stick with vanes If you were using a WB. You'd be robbing Peter to pay Paul if you did feathers and WB IMO.

Try a limb activated rest down the road like a Pro-V by vaportrail. So simple and bulletproof as well. I've used WB quite a bit years ago and they are nice but all I use is limb activated now and love it.

09-Oct-17
+1 Hawkeye, I went to limb driven this year as well. Great move!

09-Oct-17
I use the limb driven and I can used over sized 5"+ feathers with it because before the rest starts to rise the leading edge of the feathers are behind the rest. With the limb driven almost any type or size fletching can be used. With that said I think that 3" feathers are probably comparable to the Blazers or better for control.

• Sitka Gear