Grunter 10-Oct-17
Jack Harris 10-Oct-17
live2hunt88 11-Oct-17
Bowriter 11-Oct-17
Genesis 11-Oct-17
t-roy 11-Oct-17
Charlie Rehor 11-Oct-17
10-Oct-17
Kind of curious what tips and information you guys have on scoring deer on the good?

I've read some articles online just looking for some extra tips and things you guys do.

10-Oct-17
G4 X 10 + 100 on 4 1/2 yo bucks and older in the Midwest

10-Oct-17
Look at oneside at a time. Scratch that if he is big enough you will know it instantly. If you need to second guess yourself then he ain't big enough.

10-Oct-17
Same formula, but I add 80" instead of 100" here in PA.

10-Oct-17
I usually check for the hardest things first like brows and basal mass to help with ageing and make sure brows aren't busted.The rest is a lot easier

10-Oct-17
Muleys can be a mystery. I've seen them with ear spread from 21 to 26 and thats on mature deer. Last week my son and I spent over an hour using a spotting scope from 110 yards on a 4x4 with 2" brows and I couldn't tell if it was 155 or 175. Had really rounded off ears and looked young while also showing 4-5 year old mass.

We ended up passing him and a great 3x3 with18" G-2's and 12" G-3's. Both just looked young and maybe I'll see them next year.

10-Oct-17
I grab my bow when he is big enough!

Lee

10-Oct-17
If a buck makes my heart go in overdrive, I know he's big enough. I agree, if you think geez is he big enough--he's not

10-Oct-17
To me it's the total package and age has to be at least considered. Not just what the antlers might "score". #1 - where you hunting? Is the buck older than 3.5? Yes- probably worth considering, No- if he is 3.5 but is just exceptionally large and makes my heart race than hell yeah. Is it a very old buck like 6.5, and still won't "Score well" ? Well that's still a trophy in my eyes. This is a really subjective question and therefore this is just my opinion - of which you will get many

11-Oct-17
I will by all means shoot any deer I feel is a trophy and gets me excited.

However, I was only asking because it's just something I enjoy looking into and learning I guess

11-Oct-17
I was never any good at when I had a bow or gun. When I started shooting a lot with a Nikon, got moderately good at it. Then a fool proof method hit me. I ask myself two quick questions. "Will I mount him?" and "Do I want to kill him?" If the answer is yes, I shoot. Has not failed me yet. Then, I shortened it to only the second question. But here is funny thing. I have 19 animals of various species that would make one record book or another. I cannot recall trying to guess the score on a a single one of them.

11-Oct-17
Sneaky attributes that tack on inches

1.Mass 2.Beams that curl up at the tip or curl downward a little as they turn horizontally from base (like a good moose). 3.Tines that cant inward or forward or both.

11-Oct-17
One more to add to Genesis’s list is curved tines as well.

11-Oct-17
When you feel "no doubt"!

This trigger is different for everyone and can differ individually as life progresses!

• Sitka Gear