sheds 13-Oct-17
Mule Power 14-Oct-17
sheds 16-Oct-17
Kodiak 17-Oct-17
Kodiak 17-Oct-17
11-Oct-17

sheds's embedded Photo
sheds's embedded Photo
Cody’s 2017 Colorado elk, preping for euromount!

11-Oct-17

sheds's embedded Photo
sheds's embedded Photo
Me boiling it out!

11-Oct-17

sheds's embedded Photo
sheds's embedded Photo
Cody’s finished 2017 bull!

11-Oct-17
Looks great! Good job! Love a euro elk head!

11-Oct-17
Very Cool, Good Job! I like elk euro's as well!

11-Oct-17
So cool!

11-Oct-17
Nice job.

11-Oct-17
Beautiful rack and job on it! Congrats on the elk!! What did you add to the water and how long did you cook it? I'm doing a similar rack from this year. Still have some cleaning to do on it. I used Dawn soap and bleach in the water. Probably 5 hrs cooking. I found a local guy that does the dipping for various patterns of camo or whatever on the skull once it's clean. Excited about getting it done! My first Euro.

11-Oct-17

BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
Nice job. I did two yesterday... piece of cake. Ed F

11-Oct-17
Looks great! Every one of mine will be Euro from this point on as well.

11-Oct-17

ilandhunter's embedded Photo
Mine from last season

11-Oct-17

11-Oct-17

carcus's embedded Photo
carcus's embedded Photo

12-Oct-17
thanks whocares, I boil for 3-5 hours and just add borax or oxi-clean to the water, I at least change out the water once sometimes twice. If you want it whiter, use peroxcide and magnesium carbonate powder, mix into a paste brush on, let dry, brush off excess and comes out really white. I would not use any bleach, turns skull yellow and can make skull a little brittle

12-Oct-17
Hey guys those look great, congrats on some fine heads there!

ElkNut/Paul

12-Oct-17
Sheds... 3 to 5 hours??? If you skin, flesh and presoak 3 to 5 days in water with a couple cups of soduim bicarbonate... it only needs to simmer not boil for 45 minutes max.. and you can just rinse....

Then whiten... boiling that long is hard on the bone.. And just a waste of propane.. I do a bunch of heads each fall...

13-Oct-17
I like leaving the the peroxide treatment off the teeth so they still have a little color. Just a preference.

Nice work and nice bull!

13-Oct-17
Looks beautiful and congrats on one hell of a bull!!

13-Oct-17
Question for all you that did the Euro, do the teeth still have grass in them?! Mine still has grass mushed way up in the teeth. I don't think it'll be an issue and it's pretty cool actually but wanted to see what everyone else experienced.

13-Oct-17
svrelk, yeah it probably is not that long just seems so, two coleman stove tanks full anyway is what I use. Lark bunting I do sometimes have grass in the teeth, but I don't worry about it , when I do the paste I don't put on teeth, I like the brown contrasting with the white skull,

13-Oct-17

sheds's embedded Photo
sheds's embedded Photo
Here’s a few more I’ve done, love em! Also done a few whitetails and mulies!

14-Oct-17
I can't believe guys still boil skulls. They look good but they won't last forever when you do that. Beetle cleaning is THE way to go.

16-Oct-17
I got skulls over 20 years old i did, look just as good today as when they were done, besides there isn't too many beetles around here! i guess i just do things the hard way!

17-Oct-17
I've done quite a few by the boiling method. Works great and doesn't cost anything except a little of my time....which ain't worth much anyway.

17-Oct-17
Btw I use a turkey fryer burner and an old washtub.

• Sitka Gear