Rut Nut 17-Oct-17
DL 17-Oct-17
Glunt@work 17-Oct-17
DL 17-Oct-17
IdyllwildArcher 18-Oct-17
13-Oct-17

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Well someone decided to do wolf control. Even had a collar.

13-Oct-17
Great news!

13-Oct-17
My eyes are swelling with tears of joy

13-Oct-17
When’s the candle light vigil scheduled in Portland?

13-Oct-17
Didn't bury it deep enough apparently.

13-Oct-17
I like whoever it was, sportsman sometimes can make the better decisions on north america's wildlife IMO

Wolves are one of those instances IMO

13-Oct-17
The big bad Wolf ain't bad no mo ! :>)

13-Oct-17
It only takes one dip shiit to set us back a few years.

Oregon's Wolf Management Plan does not include hunting as a method of control, stupid moves like this just help to ensure that never changes.

13-Oct-17
Now Bob we can't use the "R".

13-Oct-17
fixed it

13-Oct-17
Where do I send flowers?

13-Oct-17
Perish the thought of fake news appearing here on Bowsite. And I hate to burst a few of your bubbles, but that ain't no DEAD wolf in the photo. It is a live wolf ON DRUGS!

Note the cloth over its face to protect the eyes. Notice the dart (from the CO2 gun) lying on the tarp beside the animal. Notice the rubber gloves on the biologist as he takes notes.

Was this photo maybe Wolf OR-33 at a past stage of life and now he is RIP? With no link, its difficult to know for sure.

Pete

13-Oct-17
There’s alway got to be THAT guy...come on these threads with common sense and facts. Way to ruin it Pete!

14-Oct-17
Haha. Good one Bob.

14-Oct-17
There are plenty of stories about it. Yes thats a pic of him while alive and he's now dead.

Wolve life expectancy is around 5-6 years from what I have read. He was 4. He went a on a little spree of domestic goat killing at one point.

14-Oct-17
Pete, I noticed that but took for granted they used a pic of the poor thing while still alive. Versus the horror of posting his dead body. Oh the turmoil. I need a Valium. :^).

14-Oct-17
According to the article,it was found in the Spring and badly decayed.It may have had the collar removed as they have been testing to make sure it was a wild wolf and they determined it was that wolf.Evidently it had done some damage to live stock.

14-Oct-17
+1 wapitibob. I too am here in Oregon (central) and though I don't like em here, I hope this doesn't set our wolf management plans back, we have a ton of wolf lovers in this state that will use this against sportsman, regardless of how the wolf died.

14-Oct-17
My eyes aren't so good...... looks like a yote to me......

14-Oct-17
Did it have a name? The anti's do better with their propaganda if they can attach a name to the dead critter

14-Oct-17
Sweet. Less Wolves in my neighborhood. Now we need to eliminate some more kitties...

14-Oct-17
Maybe I’m pessimistic but what are the chances it just died and the government is telling everyone it was shot to further their agenda?

14-Oct-17
The pro wolf crowd in OR must be the same pro wolf crowd in NM.

14-Oct-17
Before Oregon will ever come up with a management plan on wolves there will have to be wolves in every county and devastate elk and deer herds. Look at other states and what has happened. I believe people in OR have seen what the government and enviro nazis have done to help eliminate numbers of tags by introducing wolves. The ranch I hunt has seen deer herds drop terribly in the last 20 years inspire of developing water sources and Coyote elimination. Cat kills everywhere. Not allowed to use hounds to control them. Now wolves. You are going to end up like California. Several large cities are determining how the rest of the state lives. Even if no wolveswere ever killed most of us will be dead before any wolves would be allowed to be hunted. I know cattle ranchers will never allow the wolf encroachment. The paper work and time involved in being compensated for wolf livestock damage is ridiculous. Talked to a rancher in Idaho several years back that had over 60 calf kills. Out of that 42 weren't compensated for. A calf when allowed to get to selling size is worth a grand. Not many people are willing to take that kind of financial hit.

14-Oct-17
Exactly DL.

14-Oct-17
My guess is that wolf management, as in a hunting/trapping season, in OR, is a pipe dream with or without rogue killings of random wolves. At least in the time that this wolf will be a memory.

15-Oct-17
Sss

16-Oct-17
"Before Oregon will ever come up with a management plan on wolves there will have to be wolves in every county and devastate elk and deer herds."

Many communities have been devastated by the control the enviro Nazi's continue to have over logging. There is not a chance for a legal hunting season of wolves in OR.

16-Oct-17
Let's give credit where credit is due. Dave's link to the story seemed unbiased to me. Maybe it was even biased toward our side. Emphasis was placed on the wolf's livestock killing and the word "hunter" never showed up.

16-Oct-17
"...necropsy determined gunshot wounds." for those who haven't read the article.

16-Oct-17
Yeah them dang rifle hunters. ??

17-Oct-17
buckhammer, his name was Fluffy Deerhug. Poor, poor Fluffy!

17-Oct-17
Why do HUNTERS always get the blame in cases like this??? We had a nuisance black bear that was killing goats in PA several years ago. The owner ended up taking things into his own hands and shooting the bear. The guy was not even a hunter, but the liberal media tried to portray it as poaching! Somehow when any animal is shot, it is always ASSUMED it was a hunter..............................................and you know what happens when we ASSUME! ;-)

17-Oct-17
Nothing good has come from the release of Arctic wolves in the US.

17-Oct-17
Are they trying to find the guy to pay him his $25 bounty? Whoops that was 1917 not 2017...my bad.

17-Oct-17
With inflation that's around $527. and change. Still a bargain

18-Oct-17
Yup. Ranchers have guns even if they don't hunt. Necessary tool on a ranch. They also hate wolves more than your average hunter as many hunters are ok with wolves - many domesticated animals have zero chance against wolves.

• Sitka Gear