GF 15-Oct-17
Southpaw 15-Oct-17
Backpack Hunter 15-Oct-17
osage 15-Oct-17
Brotsky 15-Oct-17
Sidekick 15-Oct-17
CCOVEY 16-Oct-17
14-Oct-17
My hands get cold ... too cold to be useful. I need a cold weather, wind proof mitten that is durable and may be worn with a liner glove. Ideas?

14-Oct-17
MY 12 year old loves his kuiu glassing mittens i got him. He swears by them...no joke.

14-Oct-17
Are the Kuiu mittens windproof and waterproof? I know, such things are expensive, but I need these.

14-Oct-17
I wear a heavy insulated leather mitten with a hand warmer tucked inside, on my bow hand on extremely cold sits. Not sure what brand. If I just wear a liner glove vs the mitten on my bow hand, invariably I get stuck holding my bow till my fingers bout freeze off. Chopper style mittens might be something to look at. Have you considered a muff?

14-Oct-17
Windproof yes but I believe just water resistant but I'm sure you could spray them with sometging

14-Oct-17
Windproof but only water resistant...i think. I'm sure you could spray them with something if you wanted. They were worth the $$ as I no longer have to hear about how his hands are cold. We laugh about how his hands use to shake so hard .

15-Oct-17
chopper mitts, ask Randy Newberg which ones he uses.

15-Oct-17
Handmuff with a heater packet. Your hands will steam when you take them out.

15-Oct-17
I’m a handmuff user as well. I have a Hunter Specialty type that has zippers on the front. I tuck a few hand warmers there and it works perfect.

15-Oct-17
I think Randy wears unlined deer skin choppers with a liner.

I've never found anything I liked better than wool glommits. Not water proof, obviously.

15-Oct-17
Get yourself a pair of seal skinz gloves and then buy a hand muff and stick a chemical body warmer or tow inside and you'll never be cold again. Once you make a kill and need your hands then you can throw on a big pair of mittens if needed.

15-Oct-17
If the KUIU glassing mitts are made like their other down stuff they will be LOUD. Just an FYI if you want to use them sitting for whitetails, check how they are made. I am not saying they are, I haven't looked into it. I have had a Superdown and an ultra Superdown. Both are loud when worn as an exterior.

15-Oct-17
Big fan of lightweight gloves and big pockets or a muff with chemical heat packs.

Kayakers use something called Pogies - allows a bare-hand grip on the paddle inside of a mitten/gauntlet. That would do.

I used to paddle year ‘round in Minneapolis (I’ve rolled the boat in every month but January!) and I wore dish gloves over poly-pro liners. Dry=Warm.

15-Oct-17
Cabelas wool hand muff with a couple hand warmers inside works awesome

15-Oct-17
The First Lite ones have worked well with my limited use of them.

15-Oct-17
Sportsman's Guide always has military models from around the world for sale. These are all top quality and inexpensive. I have some flyers mitts which work as well as the $ 150 ones.

15-Oct-17
I used a muff with lightweight gloves and a hand warmer until I got my Sitka Fanatic jacket. Now I use the pocket in the jacket rather than the muff. Works great.

15-Oct-17
If you can live without camo, Ice Armor mittens. I need gloves for everything once the temp is below 40 due to frostbite when I was a kid. The Ice Armor mittens keep my hands warm when snowblowing at 10 below.

16-Oct-17
First Lite Grizzly mitts are sweet for sitting when its real cold out. Black Diamond guide gloves are also a great mitt at a little better price point i believe.

• Sitka Gear