Contributors to this thread:
Boris 15-Oct-17
Buffalo1 15-Oct-17
Boris 15-Oct-17
buc i 313 15-Oct-17
Jethro 16-Oct-17
APauls 16-Oct-17
15-Oct-17
THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR AND FIRST TIME TO USE THESE KNOCKS. I TOOK A DOE IN OHIO TONIGHT WITH THEM. WHEN I SHOT I THOUGHT THAT I MISSED. THOUGHT I SHOT OVER IT'S BACK. THE DEER DID NOT REACT TO THE SHOT. I SAW THE ARROW HIT ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DEER. IT WAS NOT UNTIL THE DEER RAN OFF ABOUT 40 YARDS. IT STOPPED, THEN LOOKED AROUND. THEN DROPPED. NOT EVEN A WIGGLE. BUT, IS IT NORMAL TO THINK THAT YOU MISSED WHEN YOU SEE THE ARROW ON THE OTHER SIDE?

15-Oct-17
Boris,

I think I'm confused. Are you asking about a "pass thru" when after the shot you see the arrow on the opposite side of the deer?

When was your arrow when you saw your arrow after the shot?

15-Oct-17
I DID SEE IT THROUGH THE WHOLE SHOT. BUT, IT LOOKED LIKE I HAD SHOT HIGH. I DID HIT WERE I WAS AIMING. BUT, IT LOOKED HIGH. THE ARROW WAS A COMPLETE PASS THRU. JUST QUESTIONING. AN YES, I KNOW THE DEER IS DOWN AND RECOVERED.

15-Oct-17
Boris, Just a guess and purely a guess. The arrow nock glow may have appeared to / moved upward in your eyes when the broadhead hit. Particularly if she was moving or dropping ? Some times our eyes do play tricks on us.

Years ago I cleanly missed a doe, and to this day I can still see my arrow going through the lung area. The arrow stuck in a sapling behind her. NO blood on shaft, No blood on ground, No blood trail, No deer down.

My buddy still laughs about that one :^}

Congratulations on your doe

16-Oct-17
Just further proof that what we perceive to happen when an arrow is shot is not always what actually takes place. Usually its guys on here saying the arrow looked to hit perfect and animal not recovered. In this case the opposite happened and your were rewarded.

16-Oct-17
STOP YELLING AT US!

JK, but remember you are watching the nock end of the arrow that is lit, not the broadhead. If it hits and the back end of the arrow kicks, it could give you a false sense of where the hit is if you don't see it as clearly when it whips through the actual hole.

• Sitka Gear