Bou'bound 20-Oct-17
scentman 21-Oct-17
Missouribreaks 21-Oct-17
moon 21-Oct-17
PECO 21-Oct-17
PECO 21-Oct-17
BOX CALL 21-Oct-17
15-Oct-17
Ok I know women answering natures call outdoors is not talked about (and I don't want to sound like a pervert), but my wife and daughter have taken hunter safety classes and are interested in hunting. The only question they have is, "Where will I go to the bathroom?". My wife grew up in the country, but never answered natures call away from modern facilities. I don't really want to haul around a couple 5 gallon buckets with a toilet seat, but if that is what I need to do I guess I will. I know there are lots of women hunters out there. I need some suggestions?

15-Oct-17
Huh? The same way they did it for 1000s of years before toilets. The same way you do it when nature calls for the second option. Really?

15-Oct-17
The women in my life always just drop and go where they are when they need. Just need to be a little careful not to get the boots or pants...

Oh and if you take them snow mobiling, or riding in an atv, always make sure they leave their helmet at the ride and not take it with them... That way you know the helmet will stay dry...

15-Oct-17
My ex-wife shot an elk once with a rifle with her pants down around her ankles while sitting on a log.

15-Oct-17
My wife does the Squat, Wipe, Cover method (SWC). Occasionally, it's just the SW method, depending on time restraints. Don't ask me how I know the last part.

16-Oct-17
You’re.... joking..... right?

Truth be told, there are a few companies marketing a, uhhhh... funnel. Supposed to permit them to just unzip and pee “like a man”. Sounds messy to me, but maybe in sub-zero temps it would have a bit more to recommend it?

16-Oct-17

oldgoat's Link
Folding toilet seat and small shovel, dig a little hole and have at it. With my wife's arthritis, this is a life saver to keep her in the woods, only weighs maybe 4# total. I'll try to add a couple of links to what we use. I don't use the bags, just cut a plug from the ground and use the plug to cover the hole.

16-Oct-17

oldgoat's Link
This shovel weighs next to nothing and world way better than the army surplus trenching tools! I back pack this stuff in, admittedly we usually aren't more than half a mile from the truck, but that kind of gives y you an idea that it doesn't weigh much or take up a lot of room. Also not going to lie, it's dang nice to have for the early morning constitutionals, but I don't bother when I'm hunting solo to take it!

16-Oct-17
The only thing women need more than men is paper. Other than that, same facilities. Been guiding women for a few decades, never a problem, even in a boat. Lot more room outside, than in. Sit wife and daughter down and simply explain in easy to understand terms, how it is going to be. No buckets, no shovel, no seat. You, God, nature and a plethora of trees. Bring your own paper and set your own pace. Trust, me, they will be just fine with that.

16-Oct-17
Just let her use your five gallon bucket that you carry around the mountain for your own use. Just be sure to wipe the seat before she uses it. Duh

16-Oct-17
Based on the title I thought this thread was about Harvey Weinstein!

But that aside, HOW did they manage before indoor plumbing???

16-Oct-17
Number 1, in a scrape... Number 2 behind a tree down wind.

16-Oct-17
You'll never know how much your wife loves you until she poops in the woods for you. :) My daughter on the other hand has a bladder of steel. She will go all day without peeing. I'm not sure how she does it.

16-Oct-17
All joking aside, it is a pretty serious topic. Count the number of times you wizz during the day and then imagine having to undo your suspenders or bibs, strip down and bare your bottom half in the wind, snow, rain, etc. to do it. Not fun for a gal in the woods.

I don't seen the need for a bucket or shovel, but you do need to take into account the added effort/time/and COLD that is involved when gals take to the woods and be sympathetic.

Heck, how many guys just wizz off their treestand? Pretty tough for a gal...

16-Oct-17
For #1 in a treestand Wal Mart sells disposable-reusable pee bags that work for women and men in the camping section. They have a "fitting" on the end for women and a sturdy zip lock. I use them myself in the tent when backpack and spike camping.

16-Oct-17
If they really, really have to go, the "problem" will solve itself with little, or no planning.

It's amazing how issues get solved when there is an "emergency."

16-Oct-17
HAAAAAA now that is funny wild1. And true. I've had a few emergencies myself over the years. At those times suspenders are not your friend.

16-Oct-17
I would build them one outhouse some where close to where you park when you arrive. They could use it before they go to stand or before they leave to go home.

Then if they have to go while on stand they have option of walking out, or do what everybody else does cop a squat as far as they can safely make it from the stand.

16-Oct-17
I have had multiple women pee out of the back of a boat and had a couple with something like a bedpan-looking thing. Women can pee easier than men. They can't aim as well.

16-Oct-17

Buffalo1's Link
Here is your answer

16-Oct-17
Wild1, NAILED IT!

Seriously though, my wife just goes behind a bush and does the deed - 1 or 2 as needed. My daughter will pee, but at 6, her "understanding" of "aim" is different, and the other day she peed all over the blind bag and my hand as I tried to help her... Ahhh, Parenting. ;)

16-Oct-17
Well what ever you suggest they do it will be wrong. :)

16-Oct-17
My three young daughters will be outside playing and ask if they can go in the dirt or if they have to go inside. No one had to teach them, I hate the thought of raising city kids.

16-Oct-17
Will: LOL The first time I took our daughter in the woods after diapers we set her down on a log and had her pants around her ankles. She completely doused her pants and boots and I recall thinking "well that didn't work". After that for quite a while we'd pull her pants & boot completely off of one leg so that nothing got doused. But that ain't very quick or comfortable when it's 32 degreesw and blowing snow...

16-Oct-17
No different in the city, just next to a car instead of in the dirt. LOL cnelk...

16-Oct-17
Check a general aviation supply catalogue (Sporty's Pilot Shop used to be a good one) under "Jill's John". It's a device for gals in small aircraft that will work just fine for general outdoor use.

16-Oct-17
Squat, pee, wipe, go back to hunting!

16-Oct-17
Or drip dry...

16-Oct-17
They make a thing called a "she-wee" I think it's the link above. A friend of my wife's got it for her as a gag gift after having this exact conversation!

My wife just drops and squats. I will have to "suggest" she go in scrapes :-)

16-Oct-17
My women hunting days are long gone. Not politically correct anymore either.

My son and I were elk hunting in the Silvies in Oregon years back. Road hunters everywhere. We were camped near a main road. So one day my wife wanders off with s roll of toilet paper. Gone for quite a while until she found the perfect nesting spot. As she was sitting there here came two guys in a vehicle staring as they went by. Here perfect spot was under 30 yds from the road.

16-Oct-17
This past summer I went on a river rafting trip through Dinosaur National Monument. This area is pretty heavily regulated and permits are required to float and camp in the area. It takes about 4 days to float this section and portable toilets are required for floaters/campers (they're called "Groover's"). The men would pee pretty freely around a small bush or bend in the river, but at our guide's/ park service request it had to be below the water line, which made it a little more difficult for women to be discrete about it, so they'd use the "Groover" more often than not. When I had to use the groover to take a dump, I can attest, those women were probably pretty dehydrated, presumably due to the fact that taking a piss in the woods is more involved for them, coupled with their aversion or reluctance to just say, "turn your head, I'm taking a leak". I think our guides should have made it more clear the importance to stay hydrated and if your pee is yellow, you need to drink more water and that peeing is no big deal.

16-Oct-17
To some thank you for your suggestions. To others, well I'm trying to ease my wife's concern with this situation sorry if it is a joke to you. She is stressed out about this more than anything else.

17-Oct-17
"Well what ever you suggest they do it will be wrong. :)"

THIS! ^^^^^

17-Oct-17
Seriously, take them out for some practice sessions. That will help ease them into the process.

17-Oct-17
well Hunt, you could take a plastic tarp and go around some saplings with it,. for privacy for the ladies. I thought most of the posts are pretty tame for the question being posed on a hunting forum.

17-Oct-17
Yeah. Maybe Pinterest would have some better ideas.

17-Oct-17
Take them for some practice sessions...

Hahahaha. This thread doesn’t disappoint.

17-Oct-17
I work in a profession where we spends a lot of extended periods of time outdoors in fields and forests. The ladies who do field work all seem to have arrived at a variation of the following statement (to males in the area) "I'm going over THERE (points to bushes or trees) you stay HERE"

17-Oct-17
Hunt, from someone who has 3 lady hunters in his household, let me give you a piece of advice, if peeing in the woods is stressing her out you might be in for a long road bringing them around to hunting. You're going to need a lot of patience, don't expect to kill much right away, and their "sensibilities" are going to cost you some hunting time. If you get them over those fears though you will have rewards that more than make up for all of the frustrations you'll endure along the way.

17-Oct-17
Jaquomo - Pics or it didn't happen!

Haha

17-Oct-17
My wife has hunted with me in the past, but she rarely hunts anymore. Not because of the outdoor call of nature, but to quote my better half..............

"I don't like being cold, and I hate getting up early." Well that kind eliminates most hunting!

17-Oct-17
I have an outhouse at my camp but my wife and daughter don't want to go out of the cabin at night with bears in the area.... So I acquired a handicap potty from her mom to use in the cabin at night.... it's basically a toilet seat with handrails and under the seat is basically a plastic bowl/ bucket.... they can pee in it at night and it's easy to dump out and clean..... As far as peeing when they are hunting I don't have any suggestions for that. Good luck !! I know how important it is to keep them happy if you want them to come along.....

18-Oct-17
Big Bear, it's even MORE important to keep them happy if they don't come along :)

20-Oct-17
Its a lot cleaner than using a public restroom or a porta potty, that should help her over the edge.

20-Oct-17
If this requires this much thought I would just scrap thenhunting thing as they will face far more challenging Dilemmas than how to piss and poop

21-Oct-17
Don't hold back bou, tell us how you really feel... just a matter of time till this thread went in the toilet ÷ )

21-Oct-17
I think it best the women decide, a rather non inspiring thread if you ask me. Of all things to be concerned about, geez guys.

21-Oct-17

moon's embedded Photo
moon's embedded Photo
can be purchased at Amazon

21-Oct-17
Practice session is a great idea. Take her primitive camping, bring wine.

21-Oct-17
Practice session is a great idea. Take her primitive camping, bring wine.

21-Oct-17
Used to be a company that made women's hunting clothes that had a zipper crotch design so the women could do their business.can't remember the name,it was in the 80s.

This Topic has been locked. Thank you.

• Sitka Gear