HDE 16-Oct-17
Ben 16-Oct-17
cnelk 16-Oct-17
Beendare 17-Oct-17
Olink 17-Oct-17
Fuzzy 17-Oct-17
JayG@work 17-Oct-17
15-Oct-17
Fuzzy just had an excellent thread on canning meat. What is your favorite canned meat meal? include a recipe if you'd like. I know I'd like it.

16-Oct-17
x2! I just canned a few cans interested in people's favourites. Also what do people generally do with canned ground?

16-Oct-17
Canned venison chunks, heat up in a frying pan with fajita or taco seasoning and onion. Roll up in a tortilla with cheddar cheese, salsa, and sour cream. Fast and furious burrito! Smoked canned chicken, alfrato sauce and serve over pasta.

16-Oct-17
Does SPAM count?

16-Oct-17
Pork loin. Smoke a pork loin, feast, shred left over into a crock pot and add BBQ sauce. Can the left overs, warm it up and make a real pulled pork manwhich!

16-Oct-17
I can little half pints. Take them hunting and put in a batch of beef flavored ramon noodles for a quick and hot meal.

16-Oct-17
Smoked salmon is pretty good.

16-Oct-17
Peco, your burritos sound great!

16-Oct-17
Corned beef hash is my favorite

17-Oct-17
Spam, spam eggs and spam...

17-Oct-17
Fried spam with some swiss melted on top. Its the only canned meat that I think I ever ate. (Other than soup, ravioli, chili, etc.)

17-Oct-17
Open a pint jar of canned deer burger, warm (with liquid) in a skillet and break up with a spatula and stir in a tablespoon of olive oil

sift in a teaspoon of corn starch and fold in a half pint of sour cream and a small can of sliced canned mushrooms.

cover and simmer on low heat for five minutes, stirring occasionally

season to taste with salt and pepper and serve over egg noodles or rice

17-Oct-17
Take a quart of canned venison. Grill a couple small venison steaks too if you want too. Take a can of Cream or Mushroom Soup and a can of Brown Gravy. Heat them up to a slow simmer and add the canned venison. Heat until it all simmers and put it over a bed of egg noodles. Put the venison steaks, if made, on the side. It tastes great and takes about 20 minutes from start to finish.

• Sitka Gear