cnelk 19-Oct-17
gottoohunt 20-Oct-17
GF 20-Oct-17
oldgoat 21-Oct-17
buffsnuffer 21-Oct-17
TD 21-Oct-17
t-roy 21-Oct-17
16-Oct-17
What do you use to help to prevent your carbon steel broadheads from rusting? During the season I touch mine up on occasion, but was wondering if there is something to put on them to keep the rust at a minimum.

16-Oct-17
I believe some use a sharpie.

16-Oct-17
I've used Vaseline or a sharpie with similar results. Both have to be reapplied periodically but do last long enough so it's not much trouble.

16-Oct-17
Carefully rub them down with a little bees wax, or you can use clear fingernail polish.

16-Oct-17
I use chapstick because it's thicker and stays on better than Vaseline.

16-Oct-17
Best off to just to lightly strop them a few times before you head out. Easy too, a piece of cardboard, the bottom of a coffee cup or the top of you cars window.

16-Oct-17
I have thought of spraying mine with aerosol vegetable oil.

19-Oct-17
Thanks for the responses, I believe I will try either the sharpie or the chapstick if I can find some that is unscented. gottoohunt

19-Oct-17
Where are you keeping them that they are rusting? Find a better place!

19-Oct-17
Are used to shoot Savora broadheads and then things and rust within weeks

19-Oct-17
When I shot Zwickeys I’d “saw” them into paraffin wax. An old candle worked well.

19-Oct-17
Snow Seal or Montana Pitch Blend works well for me

19-Oct-17
Some good ideas on here.

I used a sharpie on my VPAs on a recent moose hunt in Alaska where it rained every day. I didn’t think it worked very well, but it was also under extreme conditions. I’ll give some of the other suggestions made on here a try. Thanks for the ideas guys!

19-Oct-17
3in1 oil [odorless] or WD-40 [not odorless]

20-Oct-17
Ole Coyote, I hunt in all types of weather and they will show signs of rust if left in the quiver.

20-Oct-17
Just don’t put on anything hard or thick that will cause the edges to perform as if they were duller than they are.

Chapstick, OK. Nail polish.... you’d be better off with rust.

IMO

21-Oct-17
I use the Sharpie, get one of the big Magnum ones. I don't want to get anything in my quiver foam that attracts and retains dust and debris, dust and debris promote corrosion at a faster rate. I learned a lot about corrosion control in the Navy, they spend lots of money on rust and paint!

21-Oct-17
Lem brand silicone spray. Same stuff I use for the meat grinder.

21-Oct-17
Rusty Broadheads..... What a coincidence...... that was my adult film name in the 80's.....

21-Oct-17
Hopefully you didn’t use Vaseline back then, TD!

• Sitka Gear