Z Barebow 19-Oct-17
t-roy 19-Oct-17
dmann 20-Oct-17
Tonybear61 20-Oct-17
Z Barebow 20-Oct-17
Cheesehead Mike 20-Oct-17
Woods Walker 21-Oct-17
17-Oct-17
My old blue ridge deer target is on its last leg.I've repaired it several times and now its almost in half.can't find blue ridge targets anymore hardly.what's a decent target without breaking a retired guys bill fold.like the replacement core type,thanks,dan

17-Oct-17
I've been shooting a Glendel Full Rut buck for years. It looks like hell, but the core is good. I think the size smaller was on sale at Cabelas last time I looked.

17-Oct-17
Had my glen del since 2007, still standing. Core replaced twice. I don't shot bh in it

18-Oct-17
Consider buying some 50 lb compressed hay bales for around $11.50 per. Like a block target but way cheaper. You can shoot broad heads into them (push through and unscrew as opposed to pulling out) and they stop an arrow great!

18-Oct-17
I’ve had good luck with Rineharts

18-Oct-17
I have targets, missing the backyard part

18-Oct-17
Reinhart, look for the woodland buck with manufacturers blemish. I picked up 2 from LAS for nearly 50% off.

18-Oct-17
I got one of the economy targets from Gander a couple years ago. On sale for $99 and I got a $20 mail in rebate. I just checked Cabelas at lunchtime and they had 2 models under $100

18-Oct-17
Shooter buck at rural king. I think you can get them for about $50 or $60. I've had mine for 3 or 4 yrs and still going strong and haven't had to repair it yet.

18-Oct-17

MathewsMan's embedded Photo
MathewsMan's embedded Photo
The Merrell targets are pretty reasonable and last. I built a frame and top cover in my yard.

19-Oct-17

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
I really like my homemade broadhead target. It's cheaper and bigger than most targets you can buy and it's easy to replace or re-shuffle layers when they get shot out.

19-Oct-17

Z Barebow's embedded Photo
Z Barebow's embedded Photo
Thanks to Mike, I have copied that design. Built a travel sized one using Gorrilla tape to strap layers together.

19-Oct-17
Excelsior bales will last 10 years easily. Longer if covered and cared for

19-Oct-17
Do those pink foam targets leave a film on the arrows?

19-Oct-17
I shoot FMJ's and have no issues with film. Can't speak for carbons.

19-Oct-17
I built the same target as Mike’s, but used the blue foam instead of the pink. From 50 yards and out, the arrows are not too hard to pull out, but 40yds and closer, they are a beast to get out! It’s a denser foam maybe? Shooting broadheads.

20-Oct-17
Unless you're building your own, the blemished rinehart are a great deal. I've had a rhinoblock for about two years now still holding up very well, although I only use it for broadheads.

20-Oct-17
Most commercial foam or plastic screen in a bag targets work well. I found some discarded boat dock, bridge foam a few years back. The blocks are a good 3 X 3 X 3 and white. I stack them behind any target I am shooting at. A little soil to hold in place. Will probably last the rest of my lifetime.

20-Oct-17
t-roy- I only use the pink target for broadheads. When I do shoot a FP into it, they are much harder to pull than BH tipped arrows.

20-Oct-17
I also shoot FMJ's and don't have any residue issues other than a little buildup on the label. It's scrapes off easily with a knife. I do shoot an occasional carbon arrow and I do get some residue but it scrapes off easily too. I also only shoot broadheads into this target. I still feel that advantages of this target far out weigh any negatives...

21-Oct-17
Weed heads/empty plastic jugs and Judo points. Problem solved. Cheap. The only place I shoot field points is in my basement at a U-Stuff-It bag target.

• Sitka Gear