Dthfrmabove 18-Oct-17
Moons22 18-Oct-17
Dthfrmabove 18-Oct-17
arch2112 18-Oct-17
Will 18-Oct-17
bowandspear 19-Oct-17
18-Oct-17
6:01 AM LIVE from Ma*
Ok I figured I would start a new one instead of adding to the original. Settled in now, finally. Passed a deer on a yard on the road in and bumped another walking into the woods to my stand. Set up in the same tree as last night with the hopes of catching deer feeding back through the oaks on the way to bed down. Forgot to put on the safety harness. Realized when I got to the stand. Very unsettling feeling being up here so I tied my bow rope, which is paracird around the tree and hooked my safety rope to it. That's after I tied it around my chest. This summit open shot is not a pleasant stand to be in without the real harness!!!! Will report back later. I hope.

18-Oct-17
Oofffa that is a shitty feeling...GL Dude!!!

18-Oct-17
Good luck. Stay safe.

18-Oct-17
GL, and don't look down!

18-Oct-17
Be careful man. Good luck.

18-Oct-17
Good luck be safe

18-Oct-17
Good luck !

18-Oct-17
Goodluck!

18-Oct-17
Stay safe brother. No deer are worth an earth dive. (I do like your adaptability with the paracord :))

18-Oct-17
I made it down and to work !!! Won't be doing that again. I am storing another harness in the truck just to make sure. No deer sighted except the ones on the way in. Did hear some rustling and footsteps in the dark though.... Bigfoot maybe???

18-Oct-17
Maybe that was BB making the noise.

18-Oct-17
Arch, you almost made me blow coffee out my nose...

Dth, glad to hear that you had a controlled descent.

18-Oct-17

Dthfrmabove's embedded Photo
Dthfrmabove's embedded Photo
Hahahha maybe but I didn't smell swamp!! Back in it again this afternoon just got up and full of sweat. Not expecting much in terms of movement. If I was home I would have chores around the house. So as far as my wife knows this is a perfect temp and wind to hunt this afternoon !!!!

18-Oct-17
Dth - that last sentence is priceless man. Wouldnt work for me, my wife's a good hunter... I'm just really fortunate she believes in the "You cant shoot one from the couch" mentality...

Good luck - you never know when it's "the" day. Will

18-Oct-17
Will lucky you. I wish I could get my wife to hunt. She likes the idea of going out in the woods and would love to get in a stand with me, but I don't think she will like the idea of a pretty deer taking a dirt nap while she watches. She loves venison, just doesn't want to see how it comes to the plate

18-Oct-17
Dead quiet in the woods except for the crickets and skeeters. This could be " the " day!!!!

18-Oct-17
My buddy mike just connected with a deer!!!!

18-Oct-17
Nice! Now ur turn

18-Oct-17
I call it a successful hunt!! Got my buddy on a deer in an area that I have hunted exclusively. Nice little spike horn good meat deer!!! Came in at 5:15 just like clockwork. It's the same deer he missed the other day working a scrape line coming to the oaks

18-Oct-17
Perfect evening. Wish I could have hunted. Congrats.

18-Oct-17
Congrats to your buddy Dth! That's great!

19-Oct-17
Excellent

• Sitka Gear