Twanger 20-Oct-17
bad karma 20-Oct-17
SDHNTR(home) 23-Oct-17
20-Oct-17

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Saw this on our NJ hunting site

20-Oct-17
My dad gave me his 300 win/mag BDL I would love to put a Leica on that gun.

20-Oct-17
The Geovid binocular/rangefinder only angle correct BEYOND 110 yards on the model on sale. Not good for mountain bowhunting. I am impressed with the optics in them however as they have great depth of field and are very sharp and certainly the price is great. I compared them side by side side with my Swarovision 10 x 42 EL and the Geovids left nothing to be desired in sheep country a couple of months ago. If I were a rifle hunter I'd snap up a pair.

20-Oct-17
Incorrect Kurt. That used to be the case. The newer 403 type B model will range compensate down to about 20 yards. I have one.

20-Oct-17
I already asked Doug at Cameraland on another forum. He said angle compensation is beyond 110 yds on the model on sale. It is an older version. Buy them if you want, just be aware and call Cameraland if angle compensation matters to you.

20-Oct-17

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Kelly... same add

20-Oct-17
Sometimes Leica products are being sold on what is called the "Gray Market" which means that they do not carry a USA backed warranty from Leica. If the seller is asked they will say that it has a USA warranty and they are talking about their warranty and not Leica's. Not saying that this is the case here but if you are not sure you should be able to call Leica and ask them if the USA warranty is valid.

20-Oct-17
My experience with Cameraland NY is that they're a reputable outfit. And I'd be comfortable with their representation that the Leica US warranty applies. In fact, I'd be shocked to find otherwise.

23-Oct-17
Ahh, well good to clarify Kurt. I stand corrected, it's the type R that bowhunters would want. That picture is somewhat misleading as the B and the R look the same. Models 402 and 403 type R does angle compensate in close to 10 yards. IMO, the one on sale here is for gun hunters.

And Cameraland is very reputable. Excellent service. Not grey market. Full warranty, legit product. I buy all my optics from them and have for years.

• Sitka Gear