c5ken 20-Oct-17
Bowfreak 20-Oct-17
swatmedic 20-Oct-17
c5ken 20-Oct-17
swatmedic 20-Oct-17
c5ken 24-Oct-17
Bowman 24-Oct-17
20-Oct-17
Has anyone hunter Dries Visser and Limcroma in SA? If so, I'de like your opinion comparing the two outfitters.

I have bow hunted Limcroma on two occasions & had a great time. Dries Visser gets some great press on the internet. Just would like to know how they compare .

Dries Visser pricing on Cape Buffalo is lower than Limcroma for a bigger bull...

20-Oct-17
Then I would go with Dries. I have only hunted with Limcroma but I have never heard anything but glowing remarks about Dries.

20-Oct-17
If you are making comparisons on trophy price alone, that is a huge mistake in my opinion. A lot of factors drive the cost of trophy fees including the availability of quality trophy animals, age structure, property size, and the overall service & quality of the safari being provided.

I hunted Africa the first time joining a friend who won an auction hunt. The outfitter had good reviews and I would say we took some nice animals and had a good safari overall. However, I hunted the second time with Limcroma accompanied by my family. It was a night vs. day experience. Limcroma was far superior in every possible aspect from how they cater to hunters of all disciplines to the fantastic amenities and activities that were available for my family to also enjoy their time in camp as non hunters. Trophy quality was also beyond compare. Never hunted with Dries, and I have only heard good things as well. I just would never recommend to anyone to book with price as the deciding factor regardless of the location or species. There is so much more to an African safari to consider when comparing them beyond costs.

20-Oct-17
I have bow hunted in SA three times. Plan on going again in 2019. What I'm looking for is someone that hunted both Limcroma & Dries. My experience with Limcroma has been outstanding. I took my family both time ... all was great. Also took some great trophies including a buff on my last trip. I DO NOT have any issues with Limcroma. Just would like to compare both outfitters via someone that has hunted both...

20-Oct-17
c5ken,

I wasn't trying to imply anything one way or the other. In your first post, you made a point to mention that Dries offered a lower price on a Cape buff, so it sounded to me like you were looking for a reason for the price difference. My only inference was to offer my opinion that price differences among African outfitters can vary for many different reasons. Trophy fees at Limcroma were on average 15% higher than the other outfitter I had hunted with previously. Daily rates were a bit higher as well. But, at Limcroma I also had access to 10X the amount of property to hunt, and I saw 10X the amount of game and the overall trophy quality was beyond compare. In fact,every aspect from the food, lodging, staff to logistics was just far superior. So, in that instance, the price difference was justified because I got what I paid for and more. I was just saying that getting a cheaper price on a trophy fee doesn't necessarily mean a better hunt in the big picture.

Anyway, glad to hear you had great safaris so far, and congrats on your Buff! Please share your trophy pics and story here on Bowsite.

24-Oct-17
Thanks to a few folks that responded to this post, my 2019 trip to SA will be back to Limcroma. AS stated in prior posts, my first two trips to Limcroma were great... If it not broke........

Thanks for your comments.

24-Oct-17
Why dont you call some refrences that have hunted with dries and talk to them personaly. I am sure they can provide you with a refrence list.

• Sitka Gear