youth cow tag
Bigdan's embedded Photo
youth cow tag
Bigdan's embedded Photo
B mule deer doe tag
Bigdan's embedded Photo
B mule deer doe tag
Bigdan's embedded Photo
And this morning her first bull a nice 6x6 when she shot her cow two bulls came by before her cow but she could only shoot a cow in the youth season
Bigdan's embedded Photo
And this morning her first bull a nice 6x6 when she shot her cow two bulls came by before her cow but she could only shoot a cow in the youth season
My 14 year old granddaughter Brooklyn drew her first youth elk tag. She also drew a breaks firearm Elk tag and a B doe deer tag with her general deer tag that gave her 4 tags to fill the last two years she only had general deer tags so when she shot her buck her hunt was over the first day of the youth hunt She shot a nice mule deer buck in the morning that evening she shot her first elk ever and filled her youth cow tag. The second day she filled her B mule deer tag. Her bull tag was no good till the general big game opened today and She punched that tag this morning, She had a great hunt.

22-Oct-17
Congrats to your granddaughter!!!

22-Oct-17
Wow! Awesome stuff and God Bless

22-Oct-17
That’s awesome Dan! Congrats to your granddaughter! She’s definitely following in grandpa’s footsteps!

22-Oct-17
Good stuff

22-Oct-17
Move over Dan, there's a new sheriff in town ! Congrats to your granddaughter, the kids are our future.

22-Oct-17
Wow! What a season! Looks like she was taught well! ;-)

22-Oct-17
Good work Brooklyn and Grandpa Dan! That's a helluva haul.

22-Oct-17
That girl is cleaning up !

22-Oct-17
Great to see, congratulations.

22-Oct-17
WOW! That's outstanding! Congrats X 4!

22-Oct-17
Holy smokes. Buy that girl a freezer for Christmas!

22-Oct-17
That is great is she available as a hunting mentor !

22-Oct-17
Congratulations, great stuff!

22-Oct-17
Dang, leave some for others you two!! Congrats!

22-Oct-17
Congrats to Brooklyn an Big Grandpa Dan!!! Is that a cow call hanging around Brooklyns neck in the big bull pic? 8vD

22-Oct-17
Hey Dan, how about a play-by-play on the hunts? We would love to hear the details.

22-Oct-17
It looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree there Dan. Congratulations to you and your granddaughter.

22-Oct-17
Wowser, killing machine!!!! Congrats on an amazing weekend.

22-Oct-17
That's great. Congrats to her, and no doubt your coaching.

22-Oct-17
Nice!!

22-Oct-17
Wow, great year for that little lady, nice work!

ElkNut/Paul

22-Oct-17

Bigdan's embedded Photo
This is her little brother Maddox he's only 7 but his hooked big time and can't wait to hunt
Bigdan's embedded Photo
This is her little brother Maddox he's only 7 but his hooked big time and can't wait to hunt
Her gun is a savage youth 243 Left hand she had a good last few days She got her Learners permit drivers license on wed drove over here with my wife Melanie about 12:30am got up at 5:30 went to one of my glassing spots Found lots of deer but no elk So we moved to another spot we saw a heard of elk heading in to some dark timber decide to wait till evening to go after them. So we drove to our mule deer spot set up to glass in about 5 min found a small heard of mule deer with a nice buck in it 20 min later we were about 100 yds from them Took a rest and droped the buck. That evening we went into were we saw the elk in the morning they went into a big burn so we walked into a big open park the bulls were bugling in the morning so I gave a bugle. 2 min later a spike bull walked out at 40 yds with a 5x5 on his tail then the cow came out at 60 yds I told her nail her and she did we just dressed the cow left her t shirt on it so the yotes would leave it alone the next morning we got to truck to the elk and out it in hole and took it to the meat cutter it was to late to go after her last mule deer B tag so we went back to the house we left at 4 to go to the b tag unit we spotted two mule deer does with no fawns slipped over the hill and had them at 200 yds one shot put one down left at 4 done at 5 last tag filled in the youth season. Saturday she could go after her bull got up early drove to our glassing area nothing but other hunters So we headed to spot two still nothing then about 4 miles away we could see elk feeding down into the timber it was not far from and old two track so off we went had about 1/4 mile to hike so I send my brother with her they came over the hill were we saw the elk go in the timber wind was good they slipped in on them and could see there legs moving about 30 yds away five more steps and two bulls are standing looking at her at 40 yds she was ready so one shot dropped the biggest bull a nice 6x6 she sat there waiting to put another bullet in him but he was down for keeps we got the pickup to him but the three of use could not pull him in the truck but we had cell coverage 1/2 hour later we had three more hands to load him in the truck. She didn't draw her antelope tag or she would have fill it about and hour after she filled her buck tag had one at 80 yrds when we were walking back to the truck it was a a great 2 1/2 day hunt

23-Oct-17
Good for that young gal,,congrats,she is on her way!!!!!!!

23-Oct-17
Congrats to the both of you Dan, making memories!

23-Oct-17
Wow that’s great. Your going to need walk in freezer with all that meat!!!

23-Oct-17
Wow that’s great. Your going to need walk in freezer with all that meat!!!

23-Oct-17
Congrats to your granddaughter! That is one hell of a run. And she could not ask for a better mentor!

23-Oct-17
Ha ha awesome!! She's even got the "Bigdan trophy pose" about nailed down perfect! ;) Bigtime congrats I kind imagine that makes a grandpa's heart swell at all.

23-Oct-17
She had very limited time she is a freshmen doing drivers training and basketball spends 8 to 12 hour days at school

23-Oct-17
Wow what a great season. Congrats Brooklyn and to you as well Big Dan good stuff!

24-Oct-17
Congrats to both of you, ( I might be a little jealous).

24-Oct-17
Dan, can't believe I missed this, was looking for it. What a 2.5 days you both had. She will remember it forever.

I kept showing my wife and kids each picture as I got them. They were wondering if each one was the last one! lol.

25-Oct-17

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
It was also fun having my grandson along on his first time he was fun to have there he liked the field dressing best

25-Oct-17
Good job! Congrats!

25-Oct-17
That's awesome!! Hope you brought enough coolers. Love seeing the next generation out there getting it done.

25-Oct-17
Awesome stuff Dan!!

06-Nov-17
She had some luck on her side to fill all 4 tags

06-Nov-17
Good job Dan.

07-Nov-17
What a season!!!! Congrats to her Dan!!!

Mark

• Sitka Gear