huntabsarokee 24-Oct-17
wyobullshooter 24-Oct-17
Kodiak 24-Oct-17
cnelk 24-Oct-17
KSBOW 24-Oct-17
Jaquomo 24-Oct-17
Up North 25-Oct-17
24-Oct-17
How much of this is in OTC units when I look at the map I get somewhat confused about where boundaries are? Any input would be appreciated!

24-Oct-17
Medicine bow is Wyoming and not otc unless you are a resident. Medicine bow covers a few units in Wyoming. I am less familiar with the Colorado units but CO unit 5 is an archery draw.

24-Oct-17
Need to be more specific. As huntabsarokee points out, Medicine Bow Nat’l Forest is in Wyoming, where there aren’t any OTC areas for nonres. It actually is in three separate areas...the Snowy Range/Sierra Madre’s, Laramie Peak area, and Veedawoo, which lies between Cheyenne and Laramie. There are both general and limited quota areas within the three, as well as wilderness areas in both the Snowies and Madre’s.

Routt Nat’l Forest lies in CO.

24-Oct-17
4,5,441 is one unit and I believe it takes 2 points to draw. I've hunted there since the early 90s. Decent unit.

24-Oct-17

cnelk's Link
See link

24-Oct-17
Yes sorry I was referring to Routt, curious what if any part of the Wilderness area in Routt NF is OTC, specifically the mount zirkel wilderness area?

24-Oct-17
Pretty much all of the Zirkel is OTC, units 14, 16,161. Between the horrible deadfall and the fire last year and the big blowdown on the west side, it can be pretty tough to hunt. About the time you figure out a spot, by the next year the deadfall makes it nearly impassable. Getting worse every year. I last hunted it 4 years ago and have moved elsewhere.

25-Oct-17

Up North's embedded Photo
Up North's embedded Photo
I agree with jaquomo on the deadfall situation. It just gets worse every year. My group has been hunting 6,16,161,17&171 OTC for a number of years. We had a little luck this year during first rifle.

• Sitka Gear