craig@work 28-Oct-17
28-Oct-17

Feedjake's embedded Photo
I've been shooting Muzzy Phantom SC's this year. The past 2 years were Magnus Blackhornets but I decided it was time to try something new. Equipment lust. The first arrow is from a pass through on a doe with my compound. I broke 2 ribs and the arrow was basically laying in golden rods. All 4 blade edges are all chewed up. The second was a miss with my longbow. The arrow deflected through some lite brush and was loosely stuck in the ground. The tip is curled right over. I'm just not impressed with their durability. If ribs destroy the edge integrity I guess they are one shot deals? Back to Magnus I go!

28-Oct-17

craig@work's embedded Photo
craig@work's embedded Photo
Shot a buck with black hornet ser razor last night. Was worried because I heard a loud crack and my arrow was laying 10 yards from the shot with blood on about 6" of shaft. Decent blood trail led me to the buck which was actually shot better than I though. Arrow broke near side leg and still had enough to hit the heart. Down in less than 100 yards. Head was fine and still spins true. Sharpened it up and its back in the quiver today.

• Sitka Gear