Stryker 30-Oct-17
Tajue17 30-Oct-17
Tajue17 30-Oct-17
Woods Walker 30-Oct-17
deerhunter72 30-Oct-17
Bake 30-Oct-17
Longbeard 31-Oct-17
29-Oct-17
I was wondering what others might be using for keeping their toes warm? Is there anything better or more economical than the hot hands toe pads? I've never tried anything.

29-Oct-17
More economical? I just bought some this morning- a two pack hand warmers for .73 - I bought a bunch. I just toss one down in the toe of my lacrosse rubber boots and go hunt.

29-Oct-17
Artic shield boot covers, and in really cold weather a body warmer rubber banded to the top of your boots inside the boot covers.

29-Oct-17
Another vote for arctic shield. I don't even wear insulated boots anymore.

29-Oct-17
I'll have to check out the article shields. My buddy had something like those when we were kids but they were really bulky. These must not be that big?

29-Oct-17
I have used the artic shields for several years. Just had them on this morning and it was 26*. I wear non insulated leather boots and they were fine for mid 20* weather. Anything colder and I do the same as LBshooter with the hand warmers then they are great, just don't put them on till you reach your stand as they are not real heavy duty and not made to walk long distances in.

30-Oct-17
I use toasty toes that are thin and have an adhesive side. I put on one pair of socks then apply one pad on the bottom of my toes and another across the the top of my toes then slide on my wool socks over my feet. I wear artic pro mucks that work very well during the cold weather sits in a stand with this set up.

30-Oct-17

30-Oct-17

Tajue17's embedded Photo
Tajue17's embedded Photo

30-Oct-17
If you're sitting a stand on a really cold day, when you get to the stand unlace your boots so your foot has a lot of room for dead air space. This, combined with the ability to easily move your toes and the lack of outer pressure on your foot goes a long way towards keeping it warm.

30-Oct-17
Tajue, I think my wife could whip up a pair of those in a flash;)

Thanks for all of the feedback.

30-Oct-17

31-Oct-17
Use a good anti-perspirant on your feet as well. good insulated loose fitting boots and toastie-toes top and bottom of the toes with wool socks

• Sitka Gear