BOHNTR 01-Nov-17
DL 01-Nov-17
BOHNTR 01-Nov-17
31-Oct-17

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
My friend went out Sunday bear hunting and they got two. I realize that this is a rifle kill but it’s to encourage bow hunters here to get out there and get them. There are some definite husky boys out there.

01-Nov-17
The story on these bears was interesting. This was the first Bear that the guy with the gun has ever shot with a rifle. All others had been with a bow. The furthest they had gone was 100 yds. He was using a .270 and shot him across a canyon at 100 yds right behind the shoulder. The Bear was roaring tumbling down the hill. It stopped for a minute turning in a circle biting at where he hit him. He put another round in the shoulder breaking it. He rolled up and came down the hill landing about 10 yds from him In the brush. He put another round in and waited a bite and started walking towards the Bear. Then the brush exploded and the Bear with ears back and mouth open came at him. He shot him through the neck and dropped him less than 10 feet from him. The point of the rifle hunt is that bears I have seen shot with arrows seem to die pretty quick compared to this. The second bear took three rounds through the ribs and went for three hundred yards. The rounds in the first one went through lungs. I knew a fella that was shot in the back with a .22 in a bar. He said it was like being hit in the back with a bat. The adrenaline kicked in and he was out of there.

01-Nov-17
Uhhmmm.....okay. :)

01-Nov-17
Sorry for the rambling Roy. These two bears came into the shop to mount. Just wondering if others had noticed a difference in bears reaction from being shot with a rifle as opposed to a bow?

01-Nov-17
Ah, gotcha. I'm not sure about rifle, but I've had them bite at where the arrow entered......run and roar.......then give the final death moan.

• Sitka Gear