GregE 31-Dec-17
midwest 31-Dec-17
WV Mountaineer 31-Dec-17
Z Barebow 31-Dec-17
Ucsdryder 31-Dec-17
midwest 31-Dec-17
01-Nov-17

Destroyer350's Link
Born and Raised Outdoors starts their 50 day, 5 state YouTube series tonight! Should help pass some time until next year!

01-Nov-17
I love it

01-Nov-17
Great Stuff!!!

01-Nov-17
Great stuff. Those guys make some good videos.

02-Nov-17
Ya they do...if you can stomach all the man-hugging, crying, and such.

02-Nov-17
I watched the first video. This stuff is so much better than the Outdoor Channel. I love their stuff, I hope it's really successful for them.

02-Nov-17
JakeBrake- I can handle it! :) I like their stuff, a lot actually. I like that it's real and not "made for TV" like much of the emotion you see from some. I don't really care how people behave after a shot, but I don't want to watch a terrible actor acting after a shot. Those guys are not, in my opinion, acting. I could be wrong, but that's not my impression and I know a ton of guys share my belief about this. But if you don't like it, don't watch it. I do, so I will.

02-Nov-17
I'm with Scoot. I'm secure enough to say I've done some man hugging, fist bumping, and have maybe even shed a tear or two myself after a hard hunt comes to fruition. These guys are awesome!

02-Nov-17
Brotsky X2

02-Nov-17
I love their videos as they are real. I've been around a few professionals that do videos and a lot of the "shots" and reactions are nothing more than recreations and acting. I like the real deal! Great work!

02-Nov-17
I love everything about Born and Raised. As far as I am concerned, they are the best in the business including the big production stuff.

02-Nov-17
BRO is a huge inspiration of what I'd like to have in a hunting group eventually. I really enjoy their videos and look forward to seeing more released from this series.

02-Nov-17
Jake Brake....it's a younger guy of America thing. Huggie, Huggie, cry, cry....ever see the way guys greet each other now days ....little bitty , light hand shake and a BIG hug. I don't get it either..... Other than that nice video.

02-Nov-17
Is that the only video that they have released for the 45 day hunt?

02-Nov-17
Correct Medicinemann. Last night was the 1st video in the series. I think they are releasing a video a day for 40 days.

02-Nov-17
I checked that one out and did not see a recovery of that elk.

02-Nov-17
They are doing day by day so they should recover the bull on tonight's video.

02-Nov-17
I don't hug men except my dad unless I'm ambushed with the old hug/handshake thing, but I absolutely love their videos and look forward to watching this series!

02-Nov-17
They probably aren't showing the recovery because the guys they hosted have their own You Tube channel that intends to show it. I do not have a man crush. Nor do I know any of these guys. But, they are the real deal and, they do not act any of this. Go check out their You Tube channel. What you see is what you get. I'd share a camp with them anywhere at any time. God Bless men

02-Nov-17
Planebow, thanks for that clarification. These guys seem to have a great attitude and are just enjoying themselves.

02-Nov-17
They are posting the next video each day at 6 (not sure what time zone). They are by far better than anything on TV. They seem like a group of guys that I would love to hunt with.

02-Nov-17
I believe its 5 PST everyday.

03-Nov-17
I've not seen their videos but they sure sound like great guys! Thumbs up!

ElkNut/Paul

06-Nov-17
I love their stuff too. Does anyone know what happened to Ty Stubblefield? He has not been in any of the videos nor has his name even been mentioned.

06-Nov-17
He moved to Montana. Working with BHA.

06-Nov-17
Has been a great watch so far. Hard working, real life, public land hunting at its best so far.

To say I like it better than a couple of shows would be a lie though.....Randy Newberg’s show and Western Hunter are also very real and enjoyable.

09-Nov-17
If you guys are not watching this you are missing out.

The most recent video is simply UNREAL!

WOW!

10-Nov-17
T rying to catch up. I'm at the end of the Oregon hunts.

There is an awful lot of long, uncomfortable man hugs....lol. Great stuff, tho. Those guys know how to get it done!

10-Nov-17
All the episodes I have watched have been great so far. Don't feel that your watching personalities, feel you are watching real people.

10-Nov-17
Just watched 1-7 does that make me an addict? G Probably- finished thru 11 yesterday and some older ones as well.......

G

10-Nov-17
Crying, hugging, and praying during hunting? Great guys and good videos, but wow...not how hunting should be

11-Nov-17
Absolutely great stuff! And a great bunch of guys to represent Oregon. They flat out hunt hard and do work. Love the series

11-Nov-17
I watch it only for the "I just saved the world" hugs.

11-Nov-17
"but wow...not how hunting should be" Who determines how it "Should be"?

13-Nov-17
Did a bunch of you get touched inappropriately as children? Why does seeing a hug between two grown men over a great hunt creep you out?

13-Nov-17
Loving the videos so far. And its awesome they are doing those giveaways too!

17-Nov-17
I think I've learned more about calling elk watching these nightly episodes than all the literature I've read on the subject. Simply outstanding series! So much fun to watch these guys work a bull whether they get it killed or not. All public ground, no special tags, something every one of us could be doing.

Last night's video a perfect example....Wyo Gen tag, full moon, hot weather, mid-day, grizz country, and call a 320-340 bull all the way accross a big, open meadow. Donny made a horrible shot with the bull still walking but got something good and he dropped in site. You can't fake the emotion he showed after that shot. I was shaking just watching!

17-Nov-17
It’s the real deal . I? enjoy watching it. Reminds me of my own hunts. Lots to be learned watching these videos . Lots. Hunt

17-Nov-17
Did anyone else feel bad for Trent when Donny shot that bull they had been working for a couple days?

17-Nov-17
All their elk are a team effort. I hope Trent gets his chance at a big bull but you can't feel too sorry for a guy who got to hunt with a couple of the best elk callers/hunters in the country!

17-Nov-17
I think Trent is just as happy as if he shot it. I think they are showing around Sept. 7th right now. Can't wait to see mid-late part of Sept as well as them packing in for a week or two.

I agree Midwest. I have learned so much on calling and setups watching these videos.

17-Nov-17
Only watched one...and it was awesome!

These guys have just set a new bar!

Mark

17-Nov-17
I think its great, look forward to each new episode. Really like the WY hunt, get a lot of insight into their tactics and calling in real time vs an article or book! A friend of mine recently bought a Canvas cutter bedroll. Watching the Oregon hunt I could really see its potential considering how much they move around.

17-Nov-17
"Crying, hugging, and praying during hunting? Great guys and good videos, but wow...not how hunting should be"

Please explain how it should be for EVERYONE then, ya know, since we are all the same and you know everything?

These guys are the real deal. Seriously the best in the business, hands down. If you ever talk to any of them in person you'll understand it.

Ha ha, you guys ever see the episode where they call in a 350" bull, with a monster already on the ground, and Trent has no bow?? Oh Trent!

17-Nov-17
"Ha ha, you guys ever see the episode where they call in a 350" bull, with a monster already on the ground, and Trent has no bow?? Oh Trent!"

Yes, didn't one of the other guys talk him out of carrying his bow because he was videoing?

17-Nov-17
Great stuff for sure and as real as it gets!

17-Nov-17
I have been catching every few. They've all been fantastic.

18-Nov-17
Perfect. Hats off to these guys

18-Nov-17
I just watched a elk hunt episode,,,,regular,real men,,hunting,,happy as hell for each others successes,,,.poking fun,,,regretted decisions,shots.....I love em, chris brackett is an alternative....lol..just kidding...

18-Nov-17
Just watched the first one. It doesn't show the bull that was shot but my guess is he's laying there dead at no more than 125 yards from the shot. When the nervous grunt was heard there's a very good chance that's where the shot bull is laying, he's dying or dead there. I'll bet they heard the grunt several more times but chalked it up to the bull barking at them. (They don't say)

I've had this happen several times over the years when multiple bulls are together as there was there. The surviving bull/bulls will nervous grunt the downed bull, I've had them do it off & on for 15 minutes, it's a good sign that bull isn't getting back up. Since they had an hour before night fall it should have been plenty of time to recover him before dark. Just food for thought if in that similar situation & curious what to do!

ElkNut/Paul

18-Nov-17
Just watched the most recent episode. I feel for Trent and hate he wounded a bull. I fully agree with his choice to keep hunting. That bull was a little sore but unless someone else killed him he's still lurking in Wyoming.

19-Nov-17
These guys flat out rock! Hats off to them. Just good regular guys doing what we all love to do. I’m loving the intro song as well! Yes Lark I agree...I felt bad for Trent when Donny shot that same bull he was chasing. At the same time was super happy for Donny, he was stoked. Hope Trent gets to put one down. He’s totally selfless.

19-Nov-17
Great series. Really enjoying watching it each night. Totally appreciated their uncut tonight, taking about loosing the bull. Not many on tv these days willing to show that happen let alone own it like Trent did.

19-Nov-17
Great tip in tonight's episode; "buy tags not gear".

19-Nov-17
Thanks for the spoiler alert, Mark! :-(

I'm like 3 episodes behind, I think.

21-Nov-17
I am anxious to watch the upcoming backpacking trip in CO. I hope to learn more about backpack hunting trips, back country meat care, gear reviews... we shall see!

21-Nov-17
Lol! Sorry Nick....I won't comment on the next 2 episodes.

21-Nov-17
Catch up then!

Does bear spray work on ravens?

My buddy didn't know he had a smart tv till I came by his house after a bird hunt sunday evening and showed him he could watch youtube on it. He burned through the first 5 days that night. One of the few shows I scream at the tv...... "DRAW! DRAW!".......

21-Nov-17
I was literally sick to my stomach on that blood trail after Trent's frontal shot. Unreal how far that bull went.

TD....youtube is all I watch for hunting anymore!

21-Nov-17
This is the best stuff I have ever watched, I have been dying to go out west after elk, and now I am more determined then ever...

22-Nov-17
It is some of the best hunting "tv" I have ever watched. Just good hunters hunting hard. It's a far cry from a lot of the infomercials that a lot of people call hunting shows.

22-Nov-17
Their shot selection sucks.

22-Nov-17
I agree. I keep thinking to myself wait for a better angle.

22-Nov-17
This series is awesome ! I wait for for it everyday ! Speaking of it, its 5:01 ....

23-Nov-17
I have never cared for the videos with 15 kils in 2 hours of video but these guys are showing it all from scouting to camping to cutting. I Can't get enough and refuse to miss a night. Had our Illinois shotgun season last weekend and first thing I did when I got home is catch up.

25-Nov-17

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Looks like someone got free advertising!

25-Nov-17
Almost caught up now! They just arrived in CO. Best thing going.

25-Nov-17
Nick, I didnt that tube in the Wyoming series :)

25-Nov-17
Maybe that wouldn't have been allowed...lol!

25-Nov-17
I think the born and raised guys use Phelps tube? Corey, and his crew use theirs, the pic above is one of the guys from pure elevation or exo.

So far, the exo packs are the only product I have noticed that is consistent among them all.

25-Nov-17
Agree, great show and have been a fan for a long time! Nice to see just some good ol boys out bustin ass and having fun.. reminds me a lot of our crew. Refreshing that they don't really promote many brands or products.

25-Nov-17
Yes, the B&R guys are using the Phelps tube.

25-Nov-17
Been gone for two weeks. No internet. Gotta catch up now. Besides my wife and dog, this was the only thing that was missed durning that time. God Bless

26-Nov-17
Great show. On episode 13 and can't get enough.

26-Nov-17
He’ll, I’m waiting for 5pm everyday now

26-Nov-17
You crushed the baby bird!

Is it September yet? This sure has me impatiently waiting for elk season.

27-Nov-17
I like the recommendation to check your gear, especially after a mishap on the mountain. I have gone back and forth on bringing allen wrenches on my backpacking trip. Seeing them rig a drop away rest mid mountain might have been the deciding factor on the few extra ounces.

27-Nov-17
Watched the last 8 episodes at work today to get caught up. Wow this series is great!

Like Midwest I have learned a bunch about calling. I keep thinking back to this past fall and thinking if I had only known then.

27-Nov-17
I can't stop watching, great series. Heading to Montana in September....can't wait.

29-Nov-17
I'm way behind.......but Trent's mishap with not having the bow in CO, may have been brought up in the beginning of episode #11 :)

29-Nov-17
I bet the dont have a clue (or maybe they do) how many people they are getting into bowhunting. I have 2 buddies who ONLY rifle hunt that are going to bowhunt elk next year. One of them bought a bow last week!

29-Nov-17
We have been " Flutied"..... Pretty funny

30-Nov-17
If you're new to calling elk, google chris roes doorway concept. Several good examples in these vids.

30-Nov-17
I'm in Cancun watching in the resort lobby because of poor internet service!! My wife thinks I'm crazy!!!

30-Nov-17
What WapitiBob said....

30-Nov-17
These guys are being humbled in Colorado compared to Wyoming!

30-Nov-17
So many close calls....hope they get another one down on their last day in CO!

30-Nov-17
I love that they are making Colorado look so difficult. ;)

30-Nov-17
The persistence of these guys is awesome. The born and raised guys especially Trent, can flat out call.

30-Nov-17
I agree stringgunner. I have a hard time telling between them calling or a real elk bugling.

30-Nov-17
Great show. I'm late on tuning in but awesome show.

30-Nov-17
I haven't missed an episode yet, although my wife is getting sick of me not spending time with her after 8pm EST. As others have said I have learned so much from this series.

30-Nov-17
Great video series... what I’m left wondering is why didn’t they go back to the area they hunted in Colorado last year? After what they got into, why would you leave that?!?!

30-Nov-17
Mountain Money!

30-Nov-17
I'm on episode 15 . I understand they're are probably new hunters watching that may be learning alot from these guys,so far the weirdest question answered on the "uncut" after each episode to me was " WHY DO YOU GUYS ALWAYS HAVE YOUR PACKS ON" ? Either the person is a new hunter or has never hunted hard.

30-Nov-17
Mossyhorn, it was 2013 when Kody got that big bull in Colorado. I'm pretty sure they mentioned in a podcast that they had planned to hunt the same area this year but there were 20 or 30 trucks at the trailhead so they went to plan B.

01-Dec-17
Best show in a long time. Awesome values.

03-Dec-17
NOT the kind of country I was expecting to see them hunting in Idaho!

04-Dec-17
Great stuff. Corey et al in a different league though.

22-Dec-17

Lark Bunting's Link
Spinoff, Bored and Stuck Indoors... HYSTERICAL!!!

22-Dec-17
Ha, loved the parody. Thanks for sharing.

22-Dec-17
Ha, loved the parody. Thanks for sharing.

22-Dec-17
That. Was. Awesome!!!

22-Dec-17
I was laughing so hard at the "rangefinder" I had tears!

22-Dec-17
Taped finger and all!

23-Dec-17
Has to be the most enjoyable series I've ever got to watch. Looks like they learned a ton through out they're journey!!! Love every minute of the series... Not to cool with the crying though not gonna lie haha.. but awesome...tears and all!

28-Dec-17
It has been a lot of fun, but I have watched them in random order. Probably would make more sense to do it in order. Couple of comments...

I haven't matched up the names and faces (except for Corey J - can the rest wear some nametags??), but you can hear that the other callers are very consistent with bugling. I fall into the same pattern which elk probably recognize as a human. You hear Corey (and some of the others) and they vary their sounds/patterns depending on what they hear. Time in the elk woods, I suppose...

If there are non-hunters viewing, they probably wonder why something isn't killed each episode. It is getting closer to real hunting (at least my real hunting), but it should be remembered that they are leaving 10+ hours of each day on the cutting-room floor. We are getting the highlights of each day - good or bad. I was reminded of this in ID this year when I didn't see/hear an elk or deer for the first 5 days or MT when it rained/snowed for 6 of the 7 days. When young, I would have whined. Now past 50, each day out there is a wonder.

28-Dec-17
First year of watching them and it was awesome!

28-Dec-17
So good to see the shared friendships and unselfish attends. “It’s not about the score” of the antlers. They’re having fun in the journey. Yeah, they’d love to shoot a big one...just not their main focus. Pretty funny when Dirk told Trent if he tried to shoot that spike he’d have to nick the arrow off Trent’s rest.

28-Dec-17
Man those videos make a guy want to go to Idaho and Wyoming!!! Colorado sucks.

Great series, sad it’s over.

28-Dec-17
"Man those videos make a guy want to go to Idaho and Wyoming!!! Colorado sucks."

Apparently you haven't seen this hunt from 2016...

31-Dec-17
Yep, got most of their older videos watched also. I'll be attending the podcast and meet and greet in Longview WA Jan 6. My family is from the Roseburg OR area and I've worked in Reedsport on the coast near where the OR segments were done. Thick, steep and BIG bodied ELK grow there.

G

31-Dec-17

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
I will be running the Boston Marathon on Patriots Day, 2018 and I wanted to wear something to both show my partriotism and promote hunting so I got permission from BRO to use their LOF logo on my race singlet. They even sent me the artwork to use!

I also have a grandnephew with SMA who is always in my thoughts. Especially, when I'm running.

31-Dec-17
That's awesome Nick.

Yep, over the years they have had as much luck and killed as many good bulls in Colorado as anywhere else. They are like the Energizer Bunny. They just keep going and going until they get 'em

31-Dec-17
Great idea Nick! It might be a little cold to wear it today though. LOL!

31-Dec-17
Midwest that looks like a Wyoming bulls. Must of migrated!

31-Dec-17
I know....they're just trying to throw everyone off and send them to Colorado! lol

• Sitka Gear