jsgold 04-Nov-17
nvgoat 04-Nov-17
jsgold 04-Nov-17
jsgold 04-Nov-17
Buffalo1 04-Nov-17
The last savage 04-Nov-17
TrapperKayak 04-Nov-17
03-Nov-17
I have a P&Y scoring question. (Please see the attach pic for reference.)

Left side is a standard 8 with brow tine. Right side looks to have no brow tine and an extra tine on the main beam....or is the smallish G2 on the right side really a brow tine located farther up the main beam?

How should this be scored? Thanks!

03-Nov-17
I'm interested in this as well. God Bless

03-Nov-17
My guess would be that the left side has G1, G2, G3. The right side has G2, G3, G4.

03-Nov-17
Right side-G1 is NOT present.

Roy Grace-Official Measurer P&Y and B&C

03-Nov-17

SANDMAN's embedded Photo
SANDMAN's embedded Photo
Im not one to argue, but the official P&Y score sheet lists G1 no different than G2 or any other G. It merely says "G-1. Length of First Point"

Of course it appears the buck has no brow tine, but looks like G-1 is on up the beam.

03-Nov-17
"Im not one to argue, but the official P&Y score sheet lists G1 no different than G2 or any other G. It merely says "G-1. Length of First Point" Of course it appears the buck has no brow tine, but looks like G-1 is on up the beam."

The IRS tax form 1040 is not the tax code. The same is true with a P&Y score sheet.

03-Nov-17
P&Y rewards "symmetry" for typical entries. Therefore the absence of the G1 (as pictured, it's a brow tine/eye guards) on one side, and presence of one on the other, actually means that the only "G1" really is nothing more than a "deduction" from the total score (net)...

So in the buck pictured the right side G1 would score 0, and the left side would score what appears to be about 4" give or take 1/2". That means 4" gets taken off the final score...

I didn't invent this system, nor would I ever - to me, antlers should have no "net".

03-Nov-17
Sandman:

There's A LOT more involved with proper measuring than what a simple score sheet "seems" to suggest........symmetry issues, properly identifying points, baselines, etc......all of which are taken into consideration when determining points. I know I've been privileged enough to serve on four different panel measurements, as well as serve on the P&Y records committee for the last 8 years, and my opinion, based on the photo above, there is no G1 on the right side. However, If the OP REALLY wants a final and official decision, he should contact the P&Y Records Chairman for his opinion.....or he can answer here. :)

03-Nov-17
Roy is right. No g1. The first tine on right side is g2. Enter a 0 for G1.

03-Nov-17
Thanks!

04-Nov-17
Roy explained it very well... simply, no G-1 on the right side. Ed F

04-Nov-17
no brow tine but a hacksaw, bondo, and stain could change that in about 3 minutes.

all the best,

mitch rompola

04-Nov-17
Congrats on your buck. Would be interesting to see your trail cam pics too!

04-Nov-17
Bou,

You sound like one of those "one call, that's all" lawyers with taking care of the matter!! LOL

04-Nov-17

jsgold's embedded Photo
jsgold's embedded Photo

04-Nov-17

jsgold's embedded Photo
jsgold's embedded Photo

04-Nov-17

04-Nov-17
Gross score is what really counts to me. Just add up all the inches.

"Nets are for fish"

04-Nov-17
I agree!

04-Nov-17

jsgold's embedded Photo
jsgold's embedded Photo

04-Nov-17
Dead is dead ! Nice buck- Congrats !!

04-Nov-17
Nice job..

04-Nov-17
I agree with boreal and bohntr, no g1 on rt., g2 is the first pt.

• Sitka Gear