T Mac 06-Nov-17
Native 06-Nov-17
Scar Finga 06-Nov-17
notme 06-Nov-17
Native 06-Nov-17
jax2009r 06-Nov-17
04-Nov-17
5:52 AM LIVE from Ct*
Will be heading out soon. The boy decided he wanted to sleep a bit. .. So I get to hit the too of the property. .. no passes today. Well . As long as they are completely brown.

04-Nov-17
Gl to all Just got settled myself. Awesome morning in the woods

04-Nov-17
Good luck

04-Nov-17
GL Dude!!!

04-Nov-17
Get em !!

04-Nov-17
Woods were slow. About 20 mins ago. Had a decent 6 come in on my off side. As I'm sotto g ground. 28 yrds left hand shit bolt flus I here impact in chest cav. He don't bolt off. Trots looms like hit was a little low. .. right behind front leg. Shooting split fire max. I can see blood pouring out both sides. But He is still walking. Slow but walking any thoughts.

04-Nov-17
Relax and wait.cold enough out. Give him time. Sounds like a low lung shot. May take some time to die but if blood is coming out both sides he’s a dead deer.

04-Nov-17
Dead deer...

04-Nov-17
Chill, look at the time wait a long time 45 min to 1 hour. Then look at arrow

04-Nov-17
They don't know they got hit. Last year the buck on my wall started eating scorn after he was hit with a single lung/liver shot

04-Nov-17
No arrow to inspect. It blew threw and I herd it skip off stone wall behind him .

04-Nov-17
If blood was pouring it's a dead deer

04-Nov-17
Native. How long ago did you shoot the deer?

04-Nov-17
It's been little over a hour. Had a couple friends come help me look for him he bumped and is still bleeding good. We backed out and are gonna give him awhile .

04-Nov-17
Well you know he will die at some point if he is still bleeding so give him plenty of time. Weather is on your side.

04-Nov-17
Well . I didn't recover the buck. But he didn't go wasted. The older neighbor. Stuck another bolt in him . Just stop to speak with him. My shot was just under heart . In that empty pocket. Of chest.

04-Nov-17
Lol that's some high pressure area

04-Nov-17
Too bad. But at least he didn’t go to waste. You’ll get em next time and he will be bigger!!

04-Nov-17
Not a high pressure area Travis. Just alot of . Houses around the outter edge.. and he just happen to scoot across. The property line.

04-Nov-17
Ryan, "you'll get him next time and he'll be bigger". That's truly one hell of a buck to pull that off lol

05-Nov-17
Soap@ Smaller truck..?

05-Nov-17
Well I don't own the land that I hunt. It's a good chunk a little over 345. And it's surrounded by private owned property.. what played out was the the buck had bedded for about 3.5 hrs .then I decided to get a couple guys to see if we could recover. . So at some point the buck had gotten up outta his bed and made his way through a nasty patch of crap. And although he was skating the boarder line of properties. The older cat that. Stuck another arrow said . Oh man he came threw like a freight train. .. so in return I asked if he noticed that he was hit hard kinda low. And he responded nope. He came off that there hill right to my fence.line and I let him have it. . Right there he hit the dirt... so.. being the guy I am and I'm not going to get in a pissin g match with a elderly dude. . I Nicely stuck my fingers in the hole that's was low. And said damn dude you must be shooting two bolts at once. Because you put one in his shoulder and he has a pass threw right. Here. And as I turn I said well you enjoy this here deer and I will be back with no trespassing signs tomorrow. Have a great season. . And this am not only did I screw his hunt up he now has 10 posted signs across his back yard...

05-Nov-17
"just under the heart in the empty pocket". Thats called the brisket. The old guy made the kill shot, its his deer. Now he gets signs put up in his backyard for making a good shot on one of the multiple deer you wounded and lost with your crossbow this season. Looking forward to your next live hunt, should be exciting, there are plenty more yearling bucks running around out there for you.

05-Nov-17
Ah. So grizz you think. I walk around wounding deer . And fact is this the guy has been trespassing for years...If you don't like what I have to say. You should have your facts straight. And I hate to say it wasn't a brisket shot thank you . It was a lower liver shot. Yes it happens. To the most experience hunters. I'm not a young punk kid that don't know how to hunt. Thank you much. So you can enjoy the rest of your season and make sure not to read my live hunt . ..some people just know every thing. ... .

05-Nov-17
Oh yeah one more thing i dont shoot yearling. Bucks but thanks for voicing your thoughts...

05-Nov-17
"no passes today.Well. As long as they are completely brown." Then you say, "i dont shoot yearling. Bucks".

"28 yrds left hand shit bolt flus I here impact in chest cav. He don't bolt off. Trots looms like hit was a little low. .. right behind front leg." Then you say, "it was a lower liver shot".

A couple of very contradictory statements.

I only have what you are writing to go by. Just reacting to what I'm reading, and none of it makes much sense. Regardless, you made a crappy shot at a reasonable distance with a crossbow and wounded yet another animal. I gave you flack on the last one also because from what I read it sounded like poor judgement on your part. Stuff happens, I get that, but I would suggest taking some time to sit back and reflect on what you are doing out there and adjust accordingly. I wish you the best of luck and hope things start to turn in your favor.

05-Nov-17
Grizzly.. listen I'm not trying to get I a pissing match. No.passes means a freezer deer. 95% of the time a doe. Or a shitty scrub buck as I have a ton of them in the property. As for low right behind the leg. It was a little low on the entrance side due to a deflection on which I found after the fact and going over the steps 10 plus times . And look at the Anatomy of a see you see the liver runs kinda low and behind the lungs. So yes on the left side impact it was a bit low on further inspection and watch g him I noticed the right side was a little higher. Yes it was a shitty shot no questions . Not one. . Do I normally shot crossbows nope. Have been a Mathews man for years untill last season cause my showers are shot. . Am i making excuses no i am not. . Could i have waited yes i could have . . And do I need meat no as I still have from last year . And I'm sorry if you think I went to the extremes on posting the land for the land owner . Well with the trespassing as it is . With quads and dogs people throwing garbage . And also shooting more then there share of animals in general off there property... I will not apologize for that. . I will apologize for making a shitty shot all day. .

05-Nov-17
I cannot understand anything you're typing

05-Nov-17
Must have an accent and uses voice to text

05-Nov-17
Agreed, hard to read. From what i can, grizz aint far off. Being the person you are.... U didnt get into a "pissing match" about it.... but if i was in his shoes, ida told ya to piss off. He made a great shot and killed the buck, his deer, plain and simple. If anything, you shoulda thanked him for saving you from losing a deer you wounded. It happens, but dont get testy when someone else follows up ur bad shot with a good one.

06-Nov-17
Wasn't testy for the follow up shot to be honest. I wasn't pissed about the deer at all. IF ANYONE READS THIS POST.MAYBE YOU CAN SEE THE DUDE HAS BEEN TRESSPASSING FOR YEARS. HIS STAND WAS ON THE STONE WALL 150FT FROM HIS BACK DOOR. HE OWNS 1/8 ACRE. .... you know this crap right here is was causes drama. People chiming in and thinking they know the facts it isn't hard to read and comprehend a short write up....

06-Nov-17
And further more the deer woulnd have been lost he was leaving a steady trail when ever he got up. And yes the hit would have been fatal... And yes sometime this does happen.... unfurnatly it happen to me . Once and the first deer was a solid should blade hit due to a damn stick. And yes he is fine as I seen him yesterday .. now thank you so much for your input. I think I have had enough.. ... everyone else out there enjoy your season and I hope you all the best. . The other I hope the deer gods piss in your corn flakes.

06-Nov-17
Just thought i would mention. Thats all....

06-Nov-17
I’ve been reading this. I have no input on right or wrong. It happens to everyone is all I’ll say. But, what you wrote wasn’t clear. Upto the last two posts. It was horrible to read and the reason I’ve been checking in was to try to get further info to determine what actually did happen. Just sayin’.....

Relax and go kill another one. Good luck and God Bless

06-Nov-17
Native thanks for sharing your trials and tribulations of hunting. You owe no one an explanation! Best of luck with the rest of your season!

06-Nov-17
typing on my smart phone that isn't so smart it likes to change the text as it goes if I could bring my comp,, in the woods there would be no issues reading it , sorry for the confusion ,, I will make sure to proof read my post on the fly .

06-Nov-17
Good Luck Native, let haters hate!

06-Nov-17
Turn off your auto correct ..that might help..

06-Nov-17
hey now your talking didn't think of that

06-Nov-17
i understood it...this isnt english class....shoot straight

• Sitka Gear