mrw 05-Nov-17
spike78 05-Nov-17
Moons22 05-Nov-17
mrw 06-Nov-17
05-Nov-17
3:27 PM LIVE from RI*

mrw's MOBILE embedded Photo
mrw's MOBILE embedded Photo

Pretty nice afternoon in N. Scituate. 2nd day of muzzleloader, good luck everyone out!

05-Nov-17

mrw's embedded Photo
West
mrw's embedded Photo
West
mrw's embedded Photo
South
mrw's embedded Photo
South
mrw's embedded Photo
North
mrw's embedded Photo
North

05-Nov-17
Nice Goodluck!

05-Nov-17
Mrw are you seriously posting a muzzleloader hunt?!!?

;) good luck buddy hope u shoot a big one

06-Nov-17
I love hunting Moons, bow is my favorite, but when it's time to fill the freezer ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

This hunt was a lot of fun: Started off walking into this area that was clear cut about 3 years ago. Wind was right for it, for the deer, but I thought I might get setup on an off side and get an opportunity. Well, a group of does, well I think they were does, took off as I entered the field. They were bedding out in the middle of probably 10 acres. While I stand there dumb founded, another one off to the side takes off. So I figger I blew that spot out for the day and walk about 300 yards towards a spot that has been productive in the past. I was walking down a field edge and popped into the woods a few yards, got into a blow down and rattled a bit. Nothing. So I kept heading south into this great big white oak on the end of the strip of woods between 2 fields. Awesome tree, it's about 2' thick and has this 12" branch that sticks out at a 90° angle. I'm in my tree saddle and I just stand on this giant branch, and take a nap. Nothing really happened except the freaking wind could not make up it's mind and kept going West to East to South and back. Well, a few does came in and they busted me from way too far off to shoot. So not a lot of action, but some. But it was a real nice day to be out and sitting in a tree.

Buddy got a coyote there earlier so I helped him and another friends skin it for a rug. They would have made a taxidermist proud: down to the last knuckle on all 4 paws, lips, ears and eyes all perfect. Shot the yote on a gut pile from a deer he got the day before.

• Sitka Gear