StickFlicker 18-Nov-17
ELKMAN 19-Nov-17
Wapitidung 19-Nov-17
ELKMAN 20-Nov-17
StickFlicker 20-Nov-17
Bowfreak 20-Nov-17
ELKMAN 22-Nov-17
05-Nov-17
I am wondering what your opinions are on which of these two news Hoyts would be the best to look at for a new bow. My draw length is 28.5, 64 lbs, 415 gr. arrow, 5pin fixed sight. Primarily elk, turkey, and mule deer hunting?

05-Nov-17
I don't think you could go wrong with either one. The Ultra would be more forgiving to shooting form flaws. and probably more accurate at longer yardages.

05-Nov-17
I shot them both yesterday, with a 29" draw length and set at about 63 pounds. I really didn't notice much of a difference between the two in feel of draw cycle. It might have felt a little more stable at full draw, but I could easily have imagined that too. I normally prefer the XL longer length bows in the past, but I think for the extra 10 fps I might lean toward the shorter RX1 on this one since I just didn't see much difference (although I'm normally not much of a "speed" guy). The Turbo did feel quite a bit different, and I don't think I would go to that one for the extra 10 fps.

06-Nov-17
Ultra

06-Nov-17
Have the Ultra on order.

Wap

06-Nov-17
Is the riser on the Ultra longer than a Defiant 34 or does the extra length come from a different limb angle?

06-Nov-17
A little of both.^^^ _____ I went with the Ultra and I am 28 inch draw. They are only 4.1 pounds which is a great weight. ALWAYS go more ATA if it's possible.

06-Nov-17
Which one do you recommend for 25-26" draw?

06-Nov-17
Bighorn I would say the RX1 would be best for that draw length.

06-Nov-17
I have an Ultra on order myself. Can't go wrong.

07-Nov-17
Bighorn- I would go RX-1 with that draw length.

07-Nov-17
Thanks Guy's!

07-Nov-17
Yep, like the longer axle to axle. What a sweet bow but I'm told the wait is going to be about one month.

08-Nov-17
It could take that long, or it could show up in two weeks. Either way I can GUARANTEE it will be worth the wait!

10-Nov-17
I am a 29 inch draw wich bow would best for me to get the most performance and accuracy. And which cam and why. New to archery have been using the powermax with success . Just wanted the next step up.

11-Nov-17
Frank_ I would definitely go with the Ultra at that draw length. You will give up a bit of speed, but wow is it easy to shoot and accurate. Not to say RX-1 isn't, it's just the longer ATAs always shoot better for me, and the string angle is better at your draw length.

11-Nov-17
Agreed with Elkman with your draw Frank get the Ultra.

11-Nov-17
Which cam would u get the number 1 where 29 inches is the max or go with cam 2 where 29 inch is in the middle

11-Nov-17
My preference is to try and get a full a cam rotation as possible, so pegged out at your max DL.

At 28.5, I am leaning toward the RX-1.

12-Nov-17
Always get the smaller cam that will fit your draw. I believe you are meaning a #2 Vrs. a #3. Definitely get the #2. That bow will be far more efficient. You are lucky to be at the top of the cam. I am a 28 so more middle, but still good.

12-Nov-17
Yep like stated get the can that tops at the top. The bow will be more accurate and efficient. I already asked a Hoyt this question the other day.

14-Nov-17
These new bows are very efficient.

15-Nov-17
Another thing I'm noticing is how well they hold on target, and zero vibration at the shot.

18-Nov-17
My shooting partner's RX1 is in and set-up. We're headed to the range tomorrow to sight it in.

19-Nov-17
Give us your thoughts after

19-Nov-17
I'm thinking any day now.

20-Nov-17
What exactly did you get?

20-Nov-17
I was able to shoot my friend's new RX1 at the range, yesterday. I had shot one at the pro shop already, along with the longer Ultra and the Turbo. The draw is extremely smooth, much more-so than my Carbon Matrix, but that is likely due to the higher 85% let-off. I think I'd order it in 80% if it were me, but I liked it a lot. It's very easy to held back. In the pro shop, I didn't see any real difference between the RX1 and the Ultra (didn't care for the Turbo), but shooting in the wind yesterday I think I would have preferred the longer ATA Ultra.

20-Nov-17
I'll be ordering an ultra in blackout or buckskin. #3 cam. Will be 30.5" or 31" depending on how it actually measures out.

22-Nov-17
You will love it!

• Sitka Gear