kota-man 26-Dec-18
Iowabowhunter 26-Dec-18
Ermine 26-Dec-18
monkeybutt 27-Dec-18
Timbow 27-Dec-18
monkeybutt 29-Dec-18
ELKMAN 01-Jan-19
05-Nov-17
I am wondering what your opinions are on which of these two news Hoyts would be the best to look at for a new bow. My draw length is 28.5, 64 lbs, 415 gr. arrow, 5pin fixed sight. Primarily elk, turkey, and mule deer hunting?

05-Nov-17
I don't think you could go wrong with either one. The Ultra would be more forgiving to shooting form flaws. and probably more accurate at longer yardages.

05-Nov-17
I shot them both yesterday, with a 29" draw length and set at about 63 pounds. I really didn't notice much of a difference between the two in feel of draw cycle. It might have felt a little more stable at full draw, but I could easily have imagined that too. I normally prefer the XL longer length bows in the past, but I think for the extra 10 fps I might lean toward the shorter RX1 on this one since I just didn't see much difference (although I'm normally not much of a "speed" guy). The Turbo did feel quite a bit different, and I don't think I would go to that one for the extra 10 fps.

06-Nov-17
Ultra

06-Nov-17
Have the Ultra on order.

Wap

06-Nov-17
Is the riser on the Ultra longer than a Defiant 34 or does the extra length come from a different limb angle?

06-Nov-17
A little of both.^^^ _____ I went with the Ultra and I am 28 inch draw. They are only 4.1 pounds which is a great weight. ALWAYS go more ATA if it's possible.

06-Nov-17
Which one do you recommend for 25-26" draw?

06-Nov-17
Bighorn I would say the RX1 would be best for that draw length.

06-Nov-17
I have an Ultra on order myself. Can't go wrong.

07-Nov-17
Bighorn- I would go RX-1 with that draw length.

07-Nov-17
Thanks Guy's!

07-Nov-17
Yep, like the longer axle to axle. What a sweet bow but I'm told the wait is going to be about one month.

08-Nov-17
It could take that long, or it could show up in two weeks. Either way I can GUARANTEE it will be worth the wait!

10-Nov-17
I am a 29 inch draw wich bow would best for me to get the most performance and accuracy. And which cam and why. New to archery have been using the powermax with success . Just wanted the next step up.

11-Nov-17
Frank_ I would definitely go with the Ultra at that draw length. You will give up a bit of speed, but wow is it easy to shoot and accurate. Not to say RX-1 isn't, it's just the longer ATAs always shoot better for me, and the string angle is better at your draw length.

11-Nov-17
Agreed with Elkman with your draw Frank get the Ultra.

11-Nov-17
Which cam would u get the number 1 where 29 inches is the max or go with cam 2 where 29 inch is in the middle

11-Nov-17
My preference is to try and get a full a cam rotation as possible, so pegged out at your max DL.

At 28.5, I am leaning toward the RX-1.

12-Nov-17
Always get the smaller cam that will fit your draw. I believe you are meaning a #2 Vrs. a #3. Definitely get the #2. That bow will be far more efficient. You are lucky to be at the top of the cam. I am a 28 so more middle, but still good.

12-Nov-17
Yep like stated get the can that tops at the top. The bow will be more accurate and efficient. I already asked a Hoyt this question the other day.

14-Nov-17
These new bows are very efficient.

15-Nov-17
Another thing I'm noticing is how well they hold on target, and zero vibration at the shot.

18-Nov-17
My shooting partner's RX1 is in and set-up. We're headed to the range tomorrow to sight it in.

19-Nov-17
Give us your thoughts after

19-Nov-17
I'm thinking any day now.

20-Nov-17
What exactly did you get?

20-Nov-17
I was able to shoot my friend's new RX1 at the range, yesterday. I had shot one at the pro shop already, along with the longer Ultra and the Turbo. The draw is extremely smooth, much more-so than my Carbon Matrix, but that is likely due to the higher 85% let-off. I think I'd order it in 80% if it were me, but I liked it a lot. It's very easy to hold back. In the pro shop, I didn't see any real difference between the RX1 and the Ultra (didn't care for the Turbo), but shooting in the wind yesterday I think I would have preferred the longer ATA Ultra.

20-Nov-17
I'll be ordering an ultra in blackout or buckskin. #3 cam. Will be 30.5" or 31" depending on how it actually measures out.

22-Nov-17
You will love it!

26-Nov-17
Have you started playing with it yet?

27-Nov-17
My friend has been shooting his for a little over a week, and he loves it. He previously had the Carbon Matrix, which he really liked, but he's very happy with the upgrade. Too expensive for me right now. I'll have to stick with my 2010 Carbon Matrix until Hoyt gets tired of seeing me sitting next to B&C animals with an "outdated" bow and takes pity on me!

19-Dec-17
What speeds are u guys getting out of the ultra number 2 cam at 29 inch draw. I went with the number 2 cause of the smoother draw

20-Dec-17
I have the Ultra on order. Can't go wrong. It'll take awhile though I've had mine ordered since the day after the shops got them.

21-Dec-17
frank there are probably not enough out there yet to get you many answers on that.

23-Dec-17
Turbo man.... Come on.. you only live once haha

23-Dec-17
Turbo man.... Come on.. you only live once haha

23-Dec-17
Been to two shops now (WI and UT). Nobody has had a bow with the smaller cam. Still haven't even shot one. They clearly don't want the business.

23-Dec-17
YZF,

I bet either shop would gladly order you a bow of your choice. Most shops are not going to stock a bunch of $1300 bows. If you have an uncommon draw length or are a lefty, it is what it is.

23-Dec-17
My draw is 26.5. Getting 2-3 bows to shoot back to back is impossible.

23-Dec-17
Here in Albuquerque both shops stock plenty. I shot the turbo"2 to long because they did not have the #2 cam in yet. Won't see it til February more than likely.

24-Dec-17
Mine is 31". I haven't shot a bow before ordering in over 15 years....plus I am a lefty.

I haven't bought a bad bow yet by just looking at specs and ordering.

25-Dec-17
The #2 cams are just trickling out right now on the Ultra and the Turbo.

26-Dec-17
What is the special thing about a two cam vs a three

26-Dec-17
Nothing special about them. #3 is just for longer draw length. Unlike Matthews , bowtech and others Hoyt makes three different size cams so that way no matter what your draw length you get the most performance out of your bow. The cam gets more rotation.

27-Dec-17
But if your on the line between the two ALWAYS get the #2 cam.

27-Dec-17
Elkman,

Have you noticed in the specs how Hoyt calls the cam numbers #2,#3 and #4 for the Ultra?

27-Dec-17
so you can get the same draw length with multiple cams?

27-Dec-17
I normally like the feel of the larger cams on the Hoyt's - I think they are smoother and I don't see as many issues with string wear on the larger cams - I've seen that a fair amount on some of the 1 cams from a few years ago... a couple potential fps isn't as important to me as the draw cycle.... i normally shoot 27.5 and I ordered the 2 cam (rx1)... to anyone that is 'covered' by both cams, I would suggest shooting both before making a decision - just my 2 cents...

27-Dec-17
Yes 'bou, if your draw length is a "tweener" two different cams could work for you, but the draw cycle is not "optimized" with the wrong cam for your draw length.

26-Dec-18
I have an Ultra, 65# and draw 29"

It came with a #3 cam, would I gain anything by swapping to a #2 at my 29" draw?

26-Dec-18
Iowa...Maybe...The #2 cam is optimal for a 29" draw in an Ultra. Numbers wise, you'll have to talk to someone smarter than me to see how much you'd gain.

26-Dec-18
I do really like how smooth that 65# bow is, just curious if I could get a bit more speed by going to a #2 cam.

I am going to sell my 340 spine Axis and go back to the 300's, they are quite a bit heavier but man, just insanely quiet. Slower as well of course, hence the thought of moving to the #2 cam.

26-Dec-18
I like the Ultra just for the specs.

27-Dec-18
I am currently shooting an RX1. I shot both and it and the Ultra, but didn't feel a significant difference between the two and decided to take the extra 10 fps of the RX1.

29" Draw length @ 70 lbs (my scale shows 72 lbs FWIW (max'd out) #4 Cam's as it's what came with mine ... haven't tried anything else.

27-Dec-18
Do these new bows still require the press adapters to press or was that just the Defiant series?

29-Dec-18
Timbow, I did have to buy the adapters for my Last Chance press with my RX1

01-Jan-19
Iowa you will gain at least 6-8 fps

• Sitka Gear