One Arrow 08-Nov-17
One Arrow 10-Nov-17
t-roy 10-Nov-17
Hawkeye 10-Nov-17
One Arrow 10-Nov-17
07-Nov-17

One Arrow's Link
One Arrow formerly known as Turkulese

I know many Bowsite Members added an "A" to their arrow for Addison. Addison was a little girl who lost her battle with DIPG (A type of brain cancer) last year. Writer wrote about Addison in the Wichita Eagle and got a LOT of hunters to write "A" on their arrows in support of Addison and her family. Addison loved archery, and was a great shot.

To expand on this I have created a Facebook page titled "One Arrow". I am writing the first initial of names of children who are battling, overcame, or lost their battle with a life-threatening childhood disease on my arrow. I am going to try and harvest my largest buck to date with a bow with this arrow... more than likely a multi-year quest.

I'm not trying to be famous. I'm not looking for sponsorship. I simply love kids and the thought of so many out there fighting for their lives is a gut punch. I've been able to fulfill a lot of childhood dreams in the last 3 years and it seems unfair that so many never have a fighting chance to fulfill those dreams. The fact that so many hunters supported Addison shows what a great community of people bow hunters are.

There are a lot of childhood illnesses out there that I know I have never heard of and I would just like to bring awareness to these horrible illnesses/conditions. I will be filming some of my hunts, doing some live videos, and taking/videoing a couple kids as we pursue deer and turkey hunts on our farm. I am also going to start "live hunts" on this page as well.

So far I 6 letters on my arrow. I would be honored to add more if you would like me to. It can be anonymous... just send me a PM.

07-Nov-17
Very cool! I'll be following along!

07-Nov-17

turkulese's embedded Photo
turkulese's embedded Photo

07-Nov-17
Thank you Brotsky!

07-Nov-17
I still have an "A" on my main hunting arrow. I haven't been fortunate to use it yet, but every time I see it I think of Addison and send off a quick prayer. Hopefully I will use it on a deer soon.

07-Nov-17
Thank you Tobywon! I’ve been saving this One Arrow for a special animal. If he exists, I’m going to bust my butt to find him.

07-Nov-17
Very cool idea one arrow! Kudos to you! My buddy Jake signed one of my fletched arrows a few days before he passed away from cancer. I’m hoping to put it to good use in rememberence of him.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

07-Nov-17
Hope you get a chance at a good one t-roy!

07-Nov-17
As the father of a daughter who has defeated leukemia THANKS.

A year later and every arrow in my quiver still has an A on them.

I have been fortunate enough to take two whitetails this fall with A's on my arrows. Every time I look down and see them I not only think about Addison, but my daughter and every child out there that has fought or is currently fighting. So the A's are going to stay.

07-Nov-17
Cool gesture and thanks for the reminder. I have a child with Type 1 diabetes and when we dicovered this he was five. We had to take him to Childrens Hospital in Dallas for a few days at the time and of course, we were very upset. We knew nothing about it, but we learned fast. While we were there, we saw many kids that were much worse off than Travis and it was an eye-opener to say the least. That's one reason that we contribute each month to Shriners and St. Jude, because they do so much for the kids.

BTW, Travis is 21 years old now and about out of college, and his diabetes, while a lifelong struggle, is under control.

08-Nov-17
As a father of a daughter who won her battle against cancer (Ewing’s Sarcoma) Thank you for this gesture

08-Nov-17
If you guys would like I would be honored to add their first initial to my One Arrow. I could also share a brief story on the One Arrow Facebook page about their battle... feel free to PM me or post here.

10-Nov-17
If anyone wants to share their story, I am adding letters to my arrow in honor of ANY child that is battling, lost, or overcame a childhood life-threatening illness.

It can by anonymous, just send me a PM. I would be honored to share your story on my Facebook page One Arrow and add their first initial to my arrow.

The goal is simply to bring awareness.

10-Nov-17
Don’t mean to hijack your thread, one arrow, but in a somewhat similar vein, the University of Iowa does a very cool thing at the end of the first quarter of their home football games. The University Hospital has some viewing type rooms where the children battling cancer and their families can watch the actual game from there. At the end of the quarter, both teams and all of the fans turn and face those rooms and wave to the kids and their families. It’s a very moving gesture for everyone involved.

10-Nov-17

Hawkeye's Link
+1 T-Roy Hats off to you One Arrow for your efforts. I'll attach the Hawkeye video below. Never been so proud to be a Hawkeye. If this doesn't put life in perspective and bring a tear to your eye....nothing will.

10-Nov-17
That is pretty dang cool! Thanks for sharing!

• Sitka Gear