Rock 11-Nov-17
Buyse 11-Nov-17
blackbear62 11-Nov-17
Buyse 11-Nov-17
Nogutsnostory 12-Nov-17
chasin wtails 12-Nov-17
Bowfreak 12-Nov-17
10-Nov-17
I have a dark horse blind that I've had for several years. The rods are starting to rip through the sleeves when the hubs are pushed out. I hate to buy a new blind until this thing is a total loss. Any suggestions on how to repair the nylon sleeves? Has anyone tried it? Thanks in advance!

10-Nov-17
Duct Tape

10-Nov-17
pop rivet the (sleeves) hole together. I did this with my older T-2 and it is still good to go.

10-Nov-17
That's a great idea Paul. Did you just seal it up the best you could? The fabric seems fragile. Now I just need to get the tools. Any pointers? Thanks Bear but I was hoping for something a little more permanent than duct tape.

11-Nov-17
Never underestimate the power of gorilla tape.

11-Nov-17
True that Trad. Got it on several spots on the blind. It's amazing what damage a cow can do to a blind....

11-Nov-17
Oh man! I hate cows!

11-Nov-17
Best way is to take all the poles out and remove the sleeves/pockets and sew in new ones. I use to do this on the Blinds I built until I figured out what material to use and have not had to replace one since.

11-Nov-17
I'm hoping to avoid that much work rock. Ha!

11-Nov-17
If it's a double bull you can should be able to send it in for repairs. I had the same problem a few years back,prior to Promos ownership, and it was fixed for free. Recently I have had the plastic pin on the ends of the rods brake. Called Primos and they sent new parts for free. Mark

11-Nov-17
It is a double bill, dark horse. I've ordered Hubs and rods for repair. I think I had to pay for shipping. I have not mailed my blind to them. Maybe an option?

12-Nov-17
What I did was used nylon flashlight holsters the perfect size came with the two cell AA streamlight. Pull the rods out slide on the holster and slide it back in and factory rod holders.

12-Nov-17
Could you get some Shoe Goo from Walmart and put a nice thick coat there where it is ripping through the sleeves? Be a quick repair and should last awhile.

12-Nov-17
It is an option....mail it to them and they fix it for shipping.

• Sitka Gear