wytex 20-Nov-17
Rock 20-Nov-17
ahunter55 20-Nov-17
dmann 21-Nov-17
wytex 22-Nov-17
dmann 23-Dec-17
drycreek 23-Dec-17
13-Nov-17
Been wanting to head west for a few years now, and a figure an antelope hunt would be a good introduction for me. Any suggestions on where there are semi guided hunts with a reasonable chance at a goat? Mule deer combo would be a plus but not required. Thanks.

13-Nov-17
Contact Ron Rockwell, who I think goes by Rock here on bowsite. He's got some Wyoming land that you can hunt in that fashion.

13-Nov-17
Hornbuckle ranch near Duoglas fits your description.

13-Nov-17
Bowbender, what unit is that in? Would I need to apply for a tag? Looked at their Facebook page and looks like a nice place, will definitely contact them.

Any more out there? Thanks guys

13-Nov-17
following interested in same

14-Nov-17
Did I miss wyoming's application deadline?

19-Nov-17
May 31 2018 is the deadline for deer and antelope. No need for a guide or trespass fee. DIY is easy for antelope and mule deer. We have great public land hunting up here.

20-Nov-17
Thanks for the help so far everyone. Just started looking into unit 7 diy, does this area hold a good number of antelope?

20-Nov-17
You might consider a doe hunt this next year and get a PP for a buck tag the following year. You can apply for 2 doe tags in initial draw then maybe pick up 2 more in the leftover draw. They can be all in 1 area or spread out over 2 or more areas to get a first hand look at the terrain , hunting pressure , population numbers and access. A doe hunt coupled with great fishing and some bird hunting would be fun and low stress.

20-Nov-17
dmann, As mentioned above I have been helping a landowner friend of mine in Wyoming locate Bowhunter to hunt his ranch for a $500 tresspass fee for many years. There are permanent Blinds on most of the waterholes that hold water during the fall and he allows hunters to camp on the property. Contact me if interested and I can send you more info.

20-Nov-17
hunted 7 in 2010. We did good then but Winters were bad next couple years & it took a big toll on them & last I knew took a point to draw, might be more now. We hunted 9 in 2012 & it was decent (buying points all the time). Went 2016 with 5 point draw area & it "sucked" . We have always bowhunted early & walk-in-areas (get the walk in area book if you can ). I killed once but missed Bucks the other two times.. Never was disappointed.

21-Nov-17
Thanks guys. Now I'm wondering if I received less than accurate info on 7. Is a tag all but guaranteed if you put in for the special draw? I know its extra cash, but is it worth it?

22-Nov-17
Nothing is a guarantee, tag fee increases should affect the draw next year but who knows for sure.

23-Dec-17
Going in with 0 points, which areas have best odds/good accessible public land? Still interested in semi guided as well, if you have any more suggestions.

23-Dec-17
The ranch that Rock is talking about is a good place. Been there three times. 2 successful, 1 unsuccessfull, but we had crappy weather for water hole hunting. I’d go again if I could get my buddies interested.

• Sitka Gear