standswittaknife 13-Nov-17
standswittaknife 13-Nov-17
dhaverstick 14-Nov-17
Vids 14-Nov-17
Destroyer350 14-Nov-17
Greg S 15-Nov-17
COHOYTHUNTER 16-Nov-17
13-Nov-17
I packed in on a mule deer hunt last week for 6 days and I had my frame pack and a separate day pack. I really want something that I can bring all my gear in for up to a week and the ability to shrink down to day pack size. I have been looking at the EXO packs over the past year and think I'm ready to pull the trigger but there is a few things I'm unsure of.

So for the guys that have experience with this pack recommend the 3500 or 5500 for backcountry hunts up to a week? I dont have expensive lightweight gear so the majority of my stuff is bulky so I'm kinda leaning towards the 5500 but I really dont want it be too bulky for day hunts out of the truck. Any recommendations?

13-Nov-17
Also does anyone on the Front Range here in Colorado know of anywhere I can go to compare the 3500 or 5500?

13-Nov-17
Im assuming youve watched the videos on EXO's website, but i will say this. I have the 3500 and for 3-4 day excursions, its the perfect size. If you are going to stay out longer, go 5500. This is what Steve @ EXO told me when we spoke last year. You can pack a good bit in the 3500 plus you can get the meat shelf and carry even more stuff between the bag and frame.

Its not going to packdown to the size of a badlands supeday pack, but it will get small enough for day hunting. JMHO. I Guess in the end its going to depend on which style of hunting youll do more of, extended back country or day hunts for the truck.

13-Nov-17
Good points Mark. Maybe I should get the 5500 for long backpack hunts and the 2000 if I'm day hunting from the truck.

13-Nov-17

standswittaknife's embedded Photo
Do yourself a favor and get the 5500. I have it and the extra room is needed and it’s suck a small difference in weight that u promise you won’t regret it.. I love the pack. I’m i Salida I’d you want to drive down your more than welcome to try it on..

13-Nov-17

I addeded a kifaru grab it to mine what is very nice as well.

13-Nov-17
Wish i could edit my pics

14-Nov-17
I used my 5500 as a day pack on a recent Quebec caribou hunt. It folds down to nothing when empty and I didn't ever feel I was "overpacked" on the trip. Darren

14-Nov-17
Go with a 5500, the difference in weight/material is minimal. I use my 5500 for everything. This weekend I'll be using it to whitetail hunt out of a treestand with a whopping 125 yard hike from the truck. No need for multiple packs.

I'm in Littleton if you want to check it out sometime.

14-Nov-17
Thanks for the input guys. I just want to make sure I get it right the 1st time.

15-Nov-17
I recently just went through this same decision. I went with the 5500 and am really happy with the pack. It weighs virtually the same as the 3500 and they all pretty much compress to the same size so that’s a non-issue. Used it on kodiak for deer couple weeks ago and it’s the best feeling pack I’ve ever worn. Has a really positive feel and is very light. Really happy with it. My loads went from 10lbs up to 80lbs.

16-Nov-17
I have both.. I the 3500 most of the time.. I can do a 3-5 backpack hunt with the 3500... If I go longer or need to pack more gear, I use the 5500.. If you'd like to compare.. I do live on the front range..

• Sitka Gear