LBshooter 17-Nov-17
kingtrout 17-Nov-17
cnelk 17-Nov-17
14-Nov-17

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Anyone use this stuff?

14-Nov-17
This has been discussed so many times if you want to search it in the threads. General consensus is it works pretty good. Many have favorable results and feel it can't hurt, as once it smells the jammer, it would have smelt you. Some deer smell it and seem confused but don't bolt. I use it and have had same results. And it smells really good in the tree ;)

14-Nov-17
I tried it against my better judgment after reading some positive results here. My experience was not favorable.

...and it made me hungry for cookies!

14-Nov-17
It’s the only scent product I’ll use. I can’t explain it, but it really seems to work at times. Not always. But at times i just can’t explain what else it would be. They’ll stop and put their nose in the air, and jitter around for a minute, then move on.

14-Nov-17
Using it hunting in iowa as I write this. Seems to work ok but I'm with Midwest!

14-Nov-17
I had 3 does and 2 fawns downwind under 40 yards and they stood with their noses in the air sniffing it. In the end they milled around and wandered off eventually without blowing and acting alarmed. I will continue to use it.

14-Nov-17
I've seen some crazy stuff with nose jammer. I continue to use it religiously. I don't know if it works or not, I do know it doesn't hurt and I've had deer stick around that should have smelled me.

14-Nov-17
Anyone used it on elk or mule deer?

14-Nov-17
I have had great success with it. Had deer be alert but not blow and run.

14-Nov-17
kscowboy, Jaquomo uses it on mule deer and is a firm believer in it.

14-Nov-17
Jaquomo? That guy has killed more mule deer than CWD. What about elk?

14-Nov-17

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Doesn't work for elk, either.
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Doesn't work for elk, either.
Dont waste your money. Doesn't work..

;)

14-Nov-17
I have used it favorably for the past 3 years, and still waiting to get busted. As I always say......Bears like it, and will climb to the spot you spray it. Something to maybe consider when applying it in your tree.

W

14-Nov-17
I have been using it this year with good results. Crazy!

14-Nov-17
A buddy that's a wildlife photographer by profession was the confidence push that really got me to believe - and it's been neutral at worst for me, good at best. He uses it on bears, deer, coyotes, fox, etc.. whatever he's got to photograph.

Those of you that have used it a lot, how do you do it?

I've just been spraying the tree above me really well, and any branches around me. Do any of you spray yourselves at all?

14-Nov-17
I was 20 feet in the tree and had deer 20-40 yards down wind of me and they never bolted. They were curious but still remained calm. It was 25 degrees out with about a 10-15 MPH wind. I will continue to use it until I experience negative results.

14-Nov-17
Will..... I try to spray it on leaves, if there are any around my stand. More surface area to spread the scent vs just spraying on the tree itself, IMO. If no leaves, I just spray on the tree itself. I never spray it on my person. Just because I don’t want to have to deal with the scent always on my cloths.

Like others, I’ve had some success with it, and, so far no negative responses, but haven’t used it a ton, though.

15-Nov-17
I like it, I used it the other day adn had a doe trot by me at about a foot and she came from downwind. I have had this work on several occasions so I use it.

15-Nov-17
I used it for the first time this year. I had very good results. I had a young buck downwind from me for 10 minutes sniffing the air. He was never on alert. He finally walked calmly away. I will use again.

15-Nov-17
I wondered what this nose jammer stuff was. I don't think they sell it around here. Have not seen it at Walmart or Dicks

15-Nov-17
I am a firm believer in the Jammer.

15-Nov-17
Rut Nut, I order it on line. Great stuff, Use it for deer and elk and only had positive results. Spray it on my clothes and my boots when walking into a stand.

15-Nov-17
The only thing about using it on clothes is that it has an oily/sticky feeling. They do make a laundry wash product I was thinking about trying though.

15-Nov-17

GotBowAz's embedded Photo
GotBowAz's embedded Photo
A hunting buddy sprayed the Nose Jammer on his boots before walking into his stand. He said this little buck came in head down smelling the ground where he had walked through then took a picture of him sniffing the steps. He also said he used his bare hands to climb the steps.

15-Nov-17
Thanks for all the replies.

My buddy gave me the can to try, so I did. I had similar reaction as listed above - sprayed it on my boots when I walked it - and awhile later a small 5pt followed my trail to my stand

He stood with his head behind a tree for a couple mins at 20 yds - I was gonna shoot him, but I was so cold and stiff, I couldnt draw my bow!

I will continue to use it, until I see adverse effects

15-Nov-17

Rut Nut's Link
GotBowAz- thanks- I see it listed on Dick's website. I'll have to check to see if they carry it at our store next time I'm there.

15-Nov-17
Thanks for the idea - sounds like I use it pretty much as others do...

15-Nov-17
My season is over but will some guys please give Fabreeze a try? I bet it would work as good as Jammer.

15-Nov-17
if you use nose jammer, scent lok and ozonics at the same time you can just walk up and stick the arrow in by hand.

15-Nov-17
sounds similar to the old "Cover Up" scent that sort of smelled like vanilla and oreo cookies.

15-Nov-17
I just rub corn oil all over myself and my clothes. ;)

17-Nov-17
I’ve used it, I think it works overall. It was recommended to me by a buffalo county outfitter. However, I did have a couple does spook when they crossed my trail after I had sprayed it on my boots. But I wasn’t careful that day about scent other than spraying nose hammer around. Shot a nice, albeit upwind 8pointer they evening. It makes my son hungry for cookies too.

17-Nov-17

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
I put evercalm on my boots and spray with nose jammer on my cloths..just had a spike walk down the trail i came in on.

17-Nov-17
Never tried it, I would rather spend my money on more rags and gas to go hunting more.

17-Nov-17
Big fan of jammer as I stated previously. Used it yesterday once I got set up on the ground, which is a hammock seat and I spray the bushes around me. Had a doe walk in from downwind and didn't have a clue. This stuff works and certainly worth the five bucks.

17-Nov-17
like it

17-Nov-17
Scrappy - but you use a lot of scent free spray on your decoys eh? :)

• Sitka Gear