GotBowAz 17-Nov-17
BOWUNTR 17-Nov-17
15-Nov-17
Male? Female? 3D? What was the effect?

15-Nov-17
Can't imagine why it wouldn't work.

Steven Ward?

15-Nov-17
I named my decoy Shaniqua, cuz the bucks run from it likes its their baby momma :).. I'm not giving up on it though.. good luck in January, i'm headed there in December..

15-Nov-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
I have killed 5 coues bucks in January, and some were buck grunted in and two were antlered rattled in. Never used a decoy.

16-Nov-17
The thing is, your average buck WT decoy, posing as a 2 year old midwestern deer (possibly slightly smaller body) is pretty big in the antler and body for a Coues. My buck decoy and all that I've seen are usually 100 inch 8 points. I really don't want to scare away a 90 inch Coues.

16-Nov-17
A hacksaw could even the playing field some.

16-Nov-17

typical Coues deer habitat
typical Coues deer habitat
Two coues bucks but never in the same place twice it seems
Two coues bucks but never in the same place twice it seems
It seems that in the areas of AZ that I have hunted, the Coues deer seem to be more of "free roamer" and is hard to pinpoint to a single area. Unlike a mid-western WT, who visits crop fields where there is a change to pattern the deer and then set up a decoy, I do not see using a stationary decoy for Coues as much of an advantage. Maybe the use of an attached Ultimate Preditor WT Decoy on the bow might produce better results. my best, Paul

17-Nov-17
I have used the whitetail Ultimate predator decoy on my bow with favorable results. I think it would help if it was a Coues deer doe and not an eastern deer doe though. However I have had mature bucks come investigate the decoy on my bow. Paul is right, they tend to roam all over the place. It would be difficult to decoy them with a full body decoy.

17-Nov-17
More shit to carry... Ed F

• Sitka Gear