Scrappy 19-Nov-17
Franklin 19-Nov-17
Nick Muche 20-Nov-17
APauls 20-Nov-17
Jack Harris 20-Nov-17
19-Nov-17

Jack Harris's embedded Photo
Jack Harris's embedded Photo
Always keep a full pack of trail tacks in your pack. Not only are they good for marking stands and invaluable for blood tracking- if a tree is too big to get your umbrella strap around you can tack the straps to the tree. What other gear is so simple so cheap and offers 3 invaluable uses? They potentially saved my life and my buck in Ohio. 600 yard track job in middle of nowhere allowed me to mark first part of trail as light faded so I could return 3 hours later and quickly get right back on it. The best kind for that are the two-sided that you put in side of tree so you can see them light up from either direction. Can’t get lost and it shows u direction deer is heading. For this umbrella fix pictured I just used the old school kind.

I do have to admit, when I decided to hunt a stand with predicted rain yesterday, I knew the monster white oak was too big to get my arms around and secure the umbrella, so I was searching house for thumb tacks, and then I had the epiphany (hey dumbass, you have two packs of them in your backpack!)

19-Nov-17
Yup done just that many times.

19-Nov-17
A UMBRELLA....what do you use to hold up your pillow....ha ha

20-Nov-17
The umbrella, how cute. Lol

20-Nov-17
Oh man I'm so anal at trying to make sure NO ONE can figure out where I am hunting, or even where I have been hunting that leaving those tacks in the bush just makes me cringe.

20-Nov-17
hey it was 40 and raining, it kept me warm and dry and passed up several big does...

• Sitka Gear