patience2spare 21-Nov-17
Franklin 21-Nov-17
Arrowhead 23-Nov-17
t-roy 23-Nov-17
Zbone 25-Dec-17
Zbone 15-Jan-18
ohiohunter 15-Jan-18
19-Nov-17
Seems around this time every year we hear of a new proposed WR record rumor, anybody heard or seen anything this year?

19-Nov-17
Not a world record rumor, but a local kid I know killed a monster with a rifle, the rumors say 208 net typical. I’m not sure, but that may be a Missouri typical record

19-Nov-17
I killed it a couple weeks ago in Ohio

19-Nov-17
Yea, I've got it in my deep freezer. Not letting anyone see it or X-ray the skull. It's mine! Shot in Louisiana too, near the bayou.

19-Nov-17
I got a pic from a trusted friend of a Giant typical Whitetail in Kansas they say will be the new State record.

19-Nov-17

ahunter55's embedded Photo
my son set a record for himself Nov. 14th when he arrowed His best. Oh, I'm sure we will see something b/4 the year ends..

19-Nov-17
Killed a 6 pt in maryland last saturday that i think fell just short of overall world record. I do however know that it was the biggest buck ever killed out of that tree that morning. So....

19-Nov-17

writer's embedded Photo
writer's embedded Photo
One that was rumored to be world record from Kansas. Great buck, but deductions drag it way down.

19-Nov-17
Cracks me up when somebody gets a deer that big and still feels the need to stiff-arm it for the Hero Shot....

19-Nov-17
Who says he's being a hero, he just looks happy to have killed a big buck to me. Maybe we should just stop keeping records, that way people won't be getting all bent out of shape about it.

19-Nov-17
Agree Ned! No need for negative bs. Smh

19-Nov-17
Left arm is bent, right arm is straight because its farther away from the antler it's tasked with holding. Kinda just how it has to be. Unless he had a freakishly long right arm. Then it could be bent and may garner GF's oh-so-coveted blessing.

19-Nov-17
Cracks me up when somebody sees someone get a deer that big they feel the need to comment on how the guy chose to pose

19-Nov-17

Arrowhead's embedded Photo
Gonna watch him grow into one.

19-Nov-17
Stiff arming!? if the guy was any closer to the rack he'd be making love to it! Good god put your glasses on! Great deer but as stated he will fall short due to stupid deductions.

19-Nov-17
The Kansas buck deserves a 5'' arbitrary deduction for being associated with Bow-dacious Outdoors TV.

19-Nov-17
There’s 9 posts ahead of you, GF. Were you out of town today?

19-Nov-17
Wow that bucks left side is as good a typical as I've ever seen. Incredible.

19-Nov-17
One of my buddies got rolled and rooted by a world record boar hog about daylight this morning...............at lest he thought it was while scuffling about like an armadillo trying to get away !

Send contributions to Go Fund Me Some New Drawers !

19-Nov-17
gf is the same one who was bashing on the two bucks stuck together that where shot pay him no mind

19-Nov-17
I seen some trail cam pics somewhere today of a giant in Indiana that they say could be a new WR. If its truly a wild deer it looks possible! I cant find it now

19-Nov-17
If I ever kill a buck as big as that Kansas giant, I'm going to sit in front of it so as not to crack anyone up.

19-Nov-17
Last year was a new Iowa record that greenscored 305". After drying and everything it's net score was 282 2/8. Biggest that I've heard of around here this year is 234. Shot about 10 miles from the one last year. Not saying Iowa hasn't had a bigger one shot, those are just close to home that I hear about.

19-Nov-17
Kelly came mighty close to closing the deal on a WR 114" on his recent Ohio hunt.

20-Nov-17

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Mel Johnson then

20-Nov-17

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
You mean this one?! ;-)

20-Nov-17

Then was 1965!

And now on left!

20-Nov-17

Sean D.'s embedded Photo
Sean D.'s embedded Photo

20-Nov-17

Sean D.'s embedded Photo
Sean D.'s embedded Photo

20-Nov-17

Thunderflight 's embedded Photo
Thunderflight 's embedded Photo

20-Nov-17
Rut, i let that buck walk cuz i didnt want small buck shamed by some here....;^)

20-Nov-17
Stick.....I think could have endured the shaming, especially if I had killed it on “””public””” land!

20-Nov-17
Hey it’s ol floppy ear.

Midwest or you could sit In between the beams.

20-Nov-17
LMBO Stick! : )

20-Nov-17
That's a great point T-Roy. On public ground I would seriously consider it but then again it would have to be highly pressured public ground or else you're taking some risk. I would definitely have to ask myself before pulling the trigger, do you feel that other people on the Internet that you don't know would feel in anyway you are about to shoot this deer to make yourself feel like more of a man?…

20-Nov-17
I could have shot the new world record nontypical a couple of times. First time I saw him he was walking backwards ,eating, just dragging those multiple long drop tines through my food plot. His neck was that tired! I watched as he fed back and forth. As he stopped to rest, broadside in the shade, I did what any lazy, modern, trail cam using sort'a bowhunter would do.

I ran home, got some seed and planted the furrows left by those perfectly spaced tines! I did have a chance at him in the fall, but since I didn't have a cam pic of him yet, and hadn't named him, I didn't feel it was the ethical thing to do.

Oh, and anybody that is so envious or just so sour that they have to disparage even another hunter's pictures should just GF themselves.

20-Nov-17
Ambush, that's an instant classic. I just did the dramatic slow clap that they do in the movies, I wish that you could hear me...

20-Nov-17
LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

20-Nov-17
Where was that buck taken???

20-Nov-17

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo

20-Nov-17
Wonder what the odds of beating Mel Johnson's buck are with a recurve now?...Bigger bucks have been taken with recurves, but they were nontypicals - so it's doable.

20-Nov-17
...should GF themeselves" that's just too good!

20-Nov-17

JayG@work's embedded Photo
Well this one was killed in Illinois a couple weeks ago at a place I hunted. Timberland Outfitters, Good place and great deer.

20-Nov-17

Another non-long arm shot. 201" and some change net. Just a beautiful deer.

20-Nov-17
Alaska-80-inch bull moose, thought to be new WR. Is unofficially, I guess.

20-Nov-17
well, I was up on this dry oak ridge and he was sneakin by my ground blind at about quarter past five in the evening, it was awful hot for November and I was watching this squirrel in a post oak..heard a twig snap, turned around real slow and there he was... chasin a doe... he was really hauling along so I whistled and he stopped for just a split second broadside at 42 and a half yards... he was due east of my stand and the sun was just comin up and was in my eyes.. I could barely make out my 40 yard pin with the glare... since he was intently feeding at the time I held my Matthews solocam at full draw and followed him with the 20 yard pin tight behind his shoulder until the wind settled a bit and the tree stand quit swaying... I came to anchor with my 65# Bamboo backed osage longbow and sent the zwickey tipped cedar arrow right through the boiler room! I could tell by his reaction it was a heart shot and he ran through the maple swamp to the river and I heard the thin ice crackle as he started across....then silence ... it was mid day but I decided to give him until the next morning as my shot looked a bit far back and there are no coyotes in my hunting area ......the next day I was on the weak blood trail at first light..... the thin, sandy soil made following the trail tough, but by the time I reached the edge of the cornfield I knew he was done...two coyotes slunk out of the fencerow and bolted across the frost bitten alfalfa ...the buck had tried to jump the fence into the pasture and couldn't make it... he died in mid-jump and the only thing that saved me from losing him to the coyotes was the fact that he's landed in a dense clump of mesquite in the dry wash he was attempting to hurdle....

20-Nov-17
lol

20-Nov-17
I’m confused as to why the sun was just coming up at a quarter past 5 in the evening. Are you on the east coast, Fuzzy? Everything else makes sense, but that’s throwing me off a bit.

20-Nov-17
Yeah, i dunno. Somethin seems off. I never seen a coyote slunk. Especially before bolting.

20-Nov-17
Fuzzy is your 20 yard pin actually your 40 yard pin?

Congrats. Heck of a deer!

20-Nov-17
If it was anybody else but Fuzzy recounting these facts, I’d be skeptical. Only ‘cause I’m pretty sure you only see squirrels, on a deer hunt, in Connecticut.

20-Nov-17
Great buck! Ya' looks much better w/o the gizmo stuff between the horns...I thought maybe that was part of the fence...

20-Nov-17

Highllainsdrifter's embedded Photo
Highllainsdrifter's embedded Photo

20-Nov-17
Rumored to be 208” in unit 680 Montana taken in mid October

20-Nov-17
Ohio hunter-in the pic you posted, why does the guy have TWO right hands??

20-Nov-17

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
This is making the rounds. Reportedly out of Iowa this past weekend. Someone may know more to confirm/deny???

20-Nov-17

It may check out but sometin ain't right. 1 big hand/fingers & another righty smaller.

20-Nov-17
I apologize. It is lefty.. OLD age & failing eyes. Awesome Buck regardless of what it scores..

20-Nov-17
That`s a beautiful looking buck [email protected] perfect lines on that rack.

20-Nov-17
JL - I didn't know dwarfs hunted deer!?! That guy must be all of 3'6" tall to keep that buck's skull proportionally accurate in size...... Or we've just found another social media photoshop hero!

21-Nov-17
P2S - I figure someone on here will eventually know if it's legit or not.

21-Nov-17
When one object is behind the other, it looks smaller :) it doesn’t take photoshop for that. I see no extreme here. Just go to any of the meat poles for comparison. The hunter’s head will never appear proportionate when behind the animal if you’re trying to measure on the picture. Not saying this is legit for sure, but it’s a beautiful buck and I see no reason to call photoshop.

21-Nov-17
I am curious about the deers body in JL’s pic. Something seems off about it. Is that a rock? Wish there was a 2nd pic of this deer with a different angle.

21-Nov-17
Looks like his other knee?

21-Nov-17
New York Booner? Or maybe that very old guy with the crossbow, there was a thread on that one not long ago.

21-Nov-17
Looks like the Preachers lice all over the deer are authentic. Hope the guy doesn’t get them in his beard. He’ll never get em out!

21-Nov-17
Im still calling photoshop all the way!!!!!! Not comparing the hunter's head to the deer's head... but comparing the length of the hunters THIGH to the deer's head. Also, that left g2 would be nearly 18inches long and the base circumferences are greater than the hunter's wrists.

I'm 6ft tall, 200lbs. My thigh is approx 18inches long and my wrists are 8inches in circumference... Either that guy is a hobbit or that picture has been seriously doctored. Pete

21-Nov-17
8” bases are huge, but not totally unheard of, plus, I don’t see anywhere near 8” on them.

That left g2 is 18”——-IF you use the same measuring system that I use when I tell my wife “this is 6 inches”! Looks a lot closer to 13” to me.

21-Nov-17

Fulldraw1972's embedded Photo
Fulldraw1972's embedded Photo
I am still confused on the deers body. The blue clearly looks like his knee. But what is in the red circle. Doesn’t look like a deers body to me. Is the body behind the guy?

Huge buck even if it’s Gimli sitting behind him.

21-Nov-17
The stuff in the red area is called Preachers lice or beggars lice. Unfortunately it is extremely common here in Iowa. I’m confused as to why it is hard to fathom that this couldn’t be a legit deer. A 230” whitetail is a huge deer, but it seems there’s alway a couple that are killed here almost every year, lately especially. I’m not as good on picking up on subtle clues as some are, but I don’t see anything in this pic that leads me to believe that it is a photoshopped pic. I could be wrong. I’ve seen plenty of legit photos of deer, elk, etc. that make the animal look way bigger than they really were, and vice versa as well.

21-Nov-17
That IA buck is covered in those damn velcro bur balls from hell! I hate those things. I'm ditching my Berber Fleece because of those. I have some in my fleece I will never remove.

21-Nov-17
If you need more evidence that the photo has been doctored, zoom in on the left antler between g3 and g4 (I'm looking at g2 and g3 as forked with common bases). Even with the poor resolution you can tell that the photo has been doctored in that spot...

It's an incredible animal - probably 80inches bigger than anything I have ever taken! But I am ultra skeptical of these pics that make the rounds on social media! Why does someone always need to misrepresent what is obviously a great animal?

If it's legit, I would expect some better pics to surface - ones with higher resolution and different angles. At that point, I will happily eat crow. Till then, I think that this is just someone else trying to stretch the truth. For the record: I'm not a naysayer by nature - you won't find a whole string of negative comments from me on threads. This particular pic just can't be legit from what I see...

21-Nov-17
Folks need to remember..... nearly all hero shots these days are taken with cell phones..... with lenses made for selfies. It's the lens more than the pose.

Half the folks on bowsite don't know that though because they still have flip phones..... if they have a cell phone at all..... =D

21-Nov-17
TD if your camera on the front of your phone is the same size as the selfie one you might need to upgrade as well. Hehe You have a very good point though. I always thought my phone took good pics until I shot my Kansas buck. Wow what a difference a decent camera can do compared to a cell phone.

T-Roy thanks for the clarification. I have never heard of the stuff. Learn something new everyday.

21-Nov-17
Beggars lice....the reason nobody in IA wears fleece pants.

21-Nov-17

Lawboytom's embedded Photo
Lawboytom's embedded Photo
So what’s doctored? Not my deer but there is thread and interview on AT about this hunter and deer. Not much doctored from what I can see

21-Nov-17
Ok thats obviously photoshopped. Look at the skull cap in comparison with the main beam...they're the same size!!! ;) lol man what a gorgeous buck, not only are the inches there, but a pure beauty!

21-Nov-17
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5315941

Interview was on Facebook

21-Nov-17
The image of that giant buck along the river is not photoshopped. The deer's head, body, and even the rack have a bit distorted look to them due to the wide angle lens (likely on a smart phone) and relatively low position of the camera relative to the back ground. It happens with smart phone cameras, point and shoot cameras, and wide angle lenses on DSLR cameras. Basic photography 101 principles.

21-Nov-17

bigswivle's embedded Photo
Here's my world record
bigswivle's embedded Photo
Here's my world record

21-Nov-17
Thats unbeatable, right there...:^)

21-Nov-17
That is awesome, congrats to the young lady!!!

21-Nov-17
Good interview re the Iowa toad. I want to know the dress weight though. Looks like a monster.

21-Nov-17
Like I said, dish up the crow!!! I would never have imagined from the angle and terrible resolution of that picture that it could be a legit photo! I've bow hunted fro 30yrs and have never seen a deer with a head that large, my NM bull elk didn't even have a head that appeared that large in the pictures. Incredible deer. I stand corrected.

21-Nov-17
What is with these pictures...the "Wisc. is smaller than a tailgate on a pick up...the ass end of the "Indiana" buck looks like a rabbit....the only legit looking photo is the impressive young girl. Not doubting these deer exist but what is with these photos.

23-Nov-17

Found this one. No photo shop here.

23-Nov-17
No doubt that is a product of well managed habitat. I see deer like that all the time. They disappear right after I shoot them;)

23-Nov-17
When you shoot a buck THAT big, you HAVE to long arm it!

25-Dec-17
Had to bring this to the top Bowriter...8^)

15-Jan-18
Hey ohiohunter- Were'd that big split tine buck come from?

15-Jan-18
Z, that was awhile back.. back further than my memory serves me. That weird shaded line left me suspect but they had several other pics w/ it on Facebook. Looks like the photographers shadow.

• Sitka Gear