ELKMAN 28-Nov-17
Mule Power 29-Nov-17
bad karma 29-Nov-17
nchunter 29-Nov-17
kellyharris 30-Nov-17
Buffalo1 30-Nov-17
scentman 01-Dec-17
19-Nov-17
Ok so this evening driving home I lost a bin of my hunting clothing. Crosswinds/Gust were a bitch to say the least.

I had three bins of clothes and the one that flew out was my camo bin.

I had my predator bibs and 2 jackets I have had for over 20 years that my dad bought me.

Luckily I was wearing my other pair of bibs home. I? lost my scent blocker plus jacket and pants probably 7-8 pair of smart wool socks. Also 3-4 bacalavas. Who the hell who knows what else?

Has this happened to anyone else here?

Next question is does anyone know of any Black Friday deals going on with camo vendors?

Grrrrrrrrrr so aggravated

19-Nov-17
Great way to get new camo. Not judging, just saying...

19-Nov-17
Fred Bear didn't need no stinkin' camo ! Suck it up !

And First Lite ASAT is on clearance I think ? :-)

19-Nov-17
Just sucks my dad bought me that predator!

Oh well holidays are approaching and that means double time days so you all can have cold beer to drink

19-Nov-17
I once left my lucky hunting black spyder jacket on my roof once and then drove an hour on i25. Didn't realize it until I got home. 2 days later I retraced my route and found it in the ditch/medium. The zipper doesn't work as well now as I think it was run over. But, I found it and still wear it. Go retrace your route and get your stuff back.

19-Nov-17
Where at? and what sizes? Maybe I should ride around and check the ditches? I could use some camo, even with a little road wear.

19-Nov-17
ErrorheAd mostly predator, scent blocker, and smart wool

19-Nov-17
Kelly had it happen to me driving home from Texas. Couldn’t believe It but lost it all. Thought i had it all strapped down good too..

20-Nov-17
Sorry for your loss, good thing , Christmas is coming soon

20-Nov-17
I once drove off with an $1800 fly rod on the roof of my Jeep. Heard it clatter off and looked back to see it in the road. I skidded to a stop and ran back waving my arms and literally threw myself in front of an oncoming truck. Saved the rod, only had one snake guide come loose. Fortunately it had an extra tip section, and I was able to repair the snake guide on that tip. I was ready to vomit when I saw it lying there in the pavement.

Like Pat said, be glad it wasn't Sitka! Consider it an early Christmas gift for some lucky hunter.

20-Nov-17
Last September for my elk hunt I had a bag of hunting clothes and a multi-tool tool box taken out of the back of my horse trailer at work. The bag was full of camo clothes. I left straight from work to camp and I didnt realize it until i reach camp and couldnt locate them. I had just enough clothing to get me by for two weeks in a tote I had underneath camping gear. I bought new replacement clothing, saved some money by not getting anything Camo except a large leafy suit light enough to wear over anything. Im sure I will eventually replace everything I had but for now this works. Sorry for the loss of your stuff Kelly, specially anything you considered your lucky hunting shirt, hat, jacket or sentimental.

20-Nov-17
Not quite the same thing but some yrs ago I had a chocolate lab "Gus" he hated when i picked up the bow and didn't take him... came back from a morning hunt ole Gus got loose and tore all my camo and had it all over the front lawn in shreds... I laughed, I really loved that ole boy. scentman

20-Nov-17
I was driving to my daughter's swim meet yesterday and had a truck pass me on the highway with the tailgate open. There was camo clothing in the back and I wondered if it was all there when he got home!

20-Nov-17
mant that sucks :(

20-Nov-17
Get ASAT ... born of the forest

20-Nov-17
Had a big Styrofoam cooler i used as a Muskie tackle box blow out of my boat. Probably 200 baits in it. ($20-30 a piece). I jumped out and ran back. As i got close, a little gray haired lady plowed right over it!!! The road was wide open she could have easily gone around it. She never even flinched just kept going. Baits were scattered everywhere. I Lost a lot of my favorite baits that day.

20-Nov-17
First Lite ASAT sale today. Woodbury jacket and Sanctuary bibs and you will be set!

20-Nov-17
Brotsky, do you have a link? Thanks

20-Nov-17
Contact Blacktail Bob. I bet he has some laying around that he does not use.

Never lost clothes but I have lost two tackle boxes from my boat. It sucks!!!

20-Nov-17

Brotsky's Link
Rooster, link to the sale.

20-Nov-17
J - "I once drove off with an $1800 fly rod on the roof of my Jeep."

Bamboo?

20-Nov-17
it's a sick feeling when something like this happens. about 20 years ago when I was into goose hunting my tailgate opened when I hit a bump in a lane change during some road construction. brand new, never been used, full bodied field goose decoys in brand new bags flew out. about $300 worth. we didn't know it until maybe 50 miles later.

20-Nov-17
I left my wallet on the top of my car once. It fell off in a preacher's yard. He contacted me promptly, and I donated the cash (not much I was in my twenties and in the Army) to him for his church. Divine intervention?

20-Nov-17
I did flash my headlights and honk and pull a couple of guys over once in Dillon, Colorado, they had flyrods loose on the roof of their SUV.

20-Nov-17
Heck, we picked up a stand up paddleboard in SE Wyoming 2 weeks ago, off I-25. I was antelope hunting, and walking back to the truck, saw the darn thing on the edge of the road, well beneath the highway on a hill.

We'll just put Kelly on a SUP in his camo. Problem solved.

20-Nov-17
Is this a letter / post to Santa ? ? ?

:^}

20-Nov-17
Forget the wind, just hunt. (Oh wait a minute, you did that! LOL! ) Sorry I couldn't resist.

20-Nov-17
HECS may be running a Black Friday Special !!

20-Nov-17
Amoebus, yes, a Leonard 755.

Had the same thing happen to a Loomis 9.6' 8 wt when steelhead fishing and a school bus ran over it as I was running up the road. The Loomis people thought that was pretty funny when I applied for a replacement rod.

20-Nov-17
Buffalo1 LOL

20-Nov-17
Jaq years ago I bought a Reddington for their Craftsman guarantee type warranty for such possible issues.

20-Nov-17
I once had a 360 caribou rack fall out of my truck... irreplaceable... Ed F

20-Nov-17
Ouch, topper or a roll lock top, must haves for long trips

20-Nov-17
Ed, I remember that and it didn't seem that long ago. Damn shame too.

20-Nov-17
Haaaaaa roof job tomorrow I? will be replacing my camo this week

20-Nov-17
Keep an eye on cabela's bargain cave in their "rock bottom deals" right now. Lots of hunting clothing has been on there recently.

21-Nov-17
If you remember long ago, we hunted in plaid and wool mostly. I bet you have some to recycle back into the woods there Kelly.

21-Nov-17
Lol Ron I have already been on woolrich website looking

21-Nov-17
secure your load! huge ticket in Washington for an unsecure load,,,people die because of it... MikeC

21-Nov-17
Yes Mike I know that. I ride a Harley and understand the value of securing a load. I thought it was all the way in the bed of the truck. Honestly I wasn’t the one who loaded that bin. The wind gust were brutal?

It’s the only thing I can think of that caused it to blow out.

23-Nov-17
I had five bins in the back of my truck with literally almost everything I owned hunting wise including some swaros and just so many things it's unreal and I backed into my driveway ran into go to the bathroom and got sidetracked on a phone call came out and every bin was gone!? Broad daylight I couldn't and still can't believe it....... That was five years ago and still haven't recovered. 20+ years worth of investments..... Kom and sleeping Indian pants and coats tons of Sitka and on and on..... What hurts it's my truck was lifted and you couldn't see in the bed so it had to be someone that knew me?

26-Nov-17
Kelly, I might have an extra set of leafy wear if that would help. It will be extra large, so you can put it over your warmer, underlayer of hunting clothes. It may also be somewhat shredded (or might need a safety pin or two), but it'll still work, you just won't be able to model it as the latest in men's Fall hunting apparel. Let me know if you need it.

27-Nov-17
after my dog "Gus" chewed up my old ranger camo from the 80's, it took on that "leafy look" ... your welcome to it, as i can't fit in it any longer ;o)

27-Nov-17
Anything Kelly does not want, you can send to me. ;)

I will pm my address to you. That way when I lose some stuff I will be already to go. Thanks.

27-Nov-17
pick up one of those cargo bungee spider webs things ,,real PITA to work with lol but you wont loose gear even if in an accident! good luck get n some gear MikeC

28-Nov-17
We appreciate the extra work... ;-)

29-Nov-17
If you are interested I can get you 50% off on Sitka Gear but only until 12/4

29-Nov-17
Midway USA has a bunch of hunting clothing on clearance. Some of it looks pretty darn good. Good luck.

29-Nov-17
At 3 in the morning I got called in to work after being off on a 2 week hunting trip. I went out to start my truck and went back in to get my laptop. From something out of the twilight zone my truck was gone when I went back out. Since I had gotten home late and had not unpacked I lost my treestand, leica binoculars and every piece of hunting clothes I owned. The idiot thief drove my truck 2 miles away and got stuck on a power line right of way-he didnt know how to put it in 4wd, and then he set it on fire. It made me sick seeing all my stuff wasted that way.Sorry about you losing your clothes.

30-Nov-17

kellyharris's embedded Photo
Never mind guys I scored on some awesome camo!!!

Apparently it works great for the worlds greatest hunter!!!

30-Nov-17
Let's hear some details about your new camo wardrobe.

01-Dec-17
nc hunter, that is a sad story... who would have thought something like that is possible at 3 am, and to set it on fire... that's sick! Feel bad for you bud, pray the best for you. scentman

• Sitka Gear