Bake 20-Nov-17
sureshot 20-Nov-17
Kodiak 20-Nov-17
1boonr 20-Nov-17
20-Nov-17

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Huntcell 's embedded Photo

Huntcell 's Link
Illinois bowhunter Don Higgins, tagged not one, but two such bucks — totaling just shy of 400 inches of antler. And he did it not just in a single lifetime, or a single season, but in a single week.

Full story at link.

20-Nov-17
Don’s the real deal. Very knowledgeable on whitetails and wildlife nutrition as well. Amazing what a deer can blow up into if the genetics are there and they don’t get killed at 2 or 3 or even 4 yrs old.

20-Nov-17
Amazing deer and to get them on back to back hunts is even more amazing!

20-Nov-17
I don't know anything about this but I don't like him!!! Way jealous! Incredible deer, congratulations!

20-Nov-17
Yeah, but if he had to hunt the ground I hunt.... :):):):):)

20-Nov-17
Yawn...

20-Nov-17
Thank you for posting. I was wondering when the story would come out. I'd followed along a little bit on Don's blog, and had listened to the podcast where he talked about these bucks before the season.

I know many on here find it objectionable (and I don't care), but what Don has done with property management is something I dearly want to do myself. Habitat improvement and manipulation has been a real interest to me for many years now, even though I've never gotten to do it hands on. The strategic placement of plots, bedding cover, etc. to maximize use past stand locations is something that fascinates me. Maybe someday I'll get to tinker with some of the same stuff

20-Nov-17
That's unreal. I really don't get the "yawn" post. If you read the story, you are talking about a guy who is managing property. I am assuming he has a fair number of deer. He formulated a game plan on that one back and sat 10 times. Times one through 9 never saw a single deer. How many guys are going to stick to that kind of game plan, and not go sit in a spot where they would see more deer? Obviously a driven hunter. I find it very impressive.

20-Nov-17
It’s more impressive Apauls when you know that where he killed the Trump buck is not a managed property, but just sone where he has permission. He even asked permission to plant a plot there, but the owner said no

And the land he owns where killed Smokey is 107 acres. That’s impressive too

20-Nov-17
Some guys get it.....I imagine Don still learns something new every time he goes to the woods.

20-Nov-17
Wow, have never even seen ONE from stand. That is amazing to take two in the same year! Congrats to him.

20-Nov-17
Zzzzz....

20-Nov-17
both shot during the october lull

• Sitka Gear