Ermine 21-Nov-17
IdyllwildArcher 21-Nov-17
ELKMAN 21-Nov-17
arctichill 21-Nov-17
Elkhuntr 23-Nov-17
SixLomaz 23-Nov-17
Aubs8 23-Nov-17
20-Nov-17
I have to replace some First Lite Kanab 2.0s that were stolen. I am looking at the Ascents. How do they run in size?

I am also considering a vest or a jacket or both. I normally wear a llano or a chama next to skin and am looking for something that is light but provides warmth. Id like to replace a puffy with a softer shell if it is possible. Also, how do the jackets or vests fit and what do you recommend on sizing? I know the Uncompahgre is sized big compared to others.

20-Nov-17
Very true to size. Athletic fit very similar to Kuiu, at least on the new Ascents.

20-Nov-17
Any recommendations on the jackets/vests?

Also...curious about the early season whitetail stuff too.

20-Nov-17
I have a few pieces of sitka gear, in my opinion they are an athletic fit. I wear a medium but can also wear their small, like many camo manufacturers they seem to make things slightly larger to accommodate layering. A medium in sitka gear for myself is a bit baggy. I wear gamegear in most cases these days & I notice there's is the same way, I find myself & my son had to go one size down not to have baggy crotches in the pants & baggy long sleeves. It seems most companies do oversize a bit. It may be best to try one piece of their article of clothing on to see how you like the fit? Good luck!

I'm 5'-7" 150# - my son is 5'-9" 165# we both had to size down to a small to eliminate the baggy look & feel! The term Athletic fit can differ from hunter to hunter!

ElkNut/Paul

20-Nov-17
As stated, athletic and true to size.

20-Nov-17
Take YOUR OWN measurements (not what's on the label of your brand X pants waist) and Sitka size chart is spot on. Nearly all of Sitka's fabric stretches & moves with you, so even if it fits snugly, it won't be restrictive. I.e. if you have a 34" waist and are worried that 34" pants will feel too tight, they likely won't.

The new Ascent is the BOMB for hot weather gear. Super light & breathable.

Carl

20-Nov-17
I haven't had a 34" waist since 4th grade. :)

20-Nov-17

brettpsu's embedded Photo
brettpsu's embedded Photo
Got a new pair of ascent pants this fall. They are very "athletic" cut, almost too "skinny jeanish" for my liking but they're comfy. My old ascent pants fit nothing like these new ones. Here's a picture of the old mediums, notice they have a little bit of room......I'm too embarrassed to show a picture of the new ones;-)

20-Nov-17
OK. Thanks for the information Brett. I'm not sure I want to something that form fitting.

20-Nov-17
I have the original ascents, large/long and they were fine. I haven't worn them in two years as I have another pant I now prefer. For a shirt with warmth I have the Traverse in xxl. I use it a few times/year and fit is fine. My Sitka Core doesn't provide any real "warmth". I'm 6'3, 220; bird legs and beer gut for comparison. Nothing "athletic" about it. I use the original 90% jacket most of the time, again xxl. For Aug/Sept bowhunts I usually wear a core4 190 or 90/50 mapped long sleeve zip, maybe the traverse, and always the 90% when heading out. The 90% comes off after a bit of time. For a puffy I have the original Kryptek Kratos which is similar to the kelvin active jacket, neither are a real cold weather puffy. The kelvin lite hoody is puffier, with different insulation. It might be a twitch warmer but not by a much. For a vest I bought a KUIU super down on deep discount. A good vest but the shell is paper thin and a bit noisy, but hasn't been a problem as it's always warn under the 90% or kratos. The one piece of gear I did buy that is a game changer in colder weather is a wind shirt. Bought it at Pearl Izumi when they were closing shop for $20. Weighs about as much as a piece of notebook paper and that thing works. I'll end up getting one in camo and it'll always be in my pack.

I am also looking for a little more gear and spent some time at sportsmans, coming up with a warmth scale based on what I own and what sportsmans had.

170 merino, sitka core, core4 190, core4 9050 mapped, sitka traverse, kelvin active jacket, kryptek kratos , kelvin lite hoody, kuiu super down (5.0 oz), trewgear super down (7.7 oz), sitka kelvin down hoody (8.8 oz blended).

20-Nov-17
As stated I have found them true to size and not too tight, but I am not overweight ;)

I do think Kuiu runs a little tight though. For Sitka I have an older (mothwing mountain mimicry camo) Kelvin Vest that I still wear all the time.

20-Nov-17
When they measured athletes to come up with the fit, they left out offensive linemen and shot putters. :^)

20-Nov-17
Bob, LOL!

ElkNut/Paul

20-Nov-17
It’s not for whitetails(too noisy) but for cool weather mountain hunts I love my jet stream jacket. It can be used in light rain and the pit zips are awesome.

21-Nov-17
Fit true to size. I like the athletic cut.

Heavy weight hoody, lightweight hoody, timberline pants, ascent pants. All awesome pieces of gear

21-Nov-17
I like my Attacks much better than my Ascents. The Attacks are warmer early when it's cold and when you zip open the vents, they're every bit as cool as the Ascents.

21-Nov-17
The new pants(2017) are significantly tighter just as a note. As for the upper body stuff it is very true to size but again athletic fit (tighter). I wear a Large in all of it and I am 5'-10" and 158 pounds.

21-Nov-17
Sitka is true to size, but I wouldn't replace First Lite Gear with Sitka Gear.....especially not for base layers. I wear mostly Sitka now, but am transitioning to First Lite.

23-Nov-17
I like Sitka gear but find I often need to size up, especially with shirts or jackets. I wear a size large in most other clothing but with Sitka, I wear XL. Like many others, I was skeptical of this clothing but after giving it a try, I am a believer.

23-Nov-17
You are wasting your money. Buy any clothes you want for less and then cover them with an ASAT leafy suit.

23-Nov-17
Regarding uppers, I now wear a dry fit T, long sleeve shirt, Chama hoodie, (and possibly a space rain for walking)...I then throw on a a fleece shirt, Sitka Kelvin Down Ultralight jacket and First Lite Cirrus, if needed for glassing or sitting...

• Sitka Gear