swampokie 20-Nov-17
deaver25btb 20-Nov-17
BigOk 20-Nov-17
David A. 20-Nov-17
BOWNBIRDHNTR 21-Nov-17
kluzakd 21-Nov-17
GotBowAz 21-Nov-17
20-Nov-17
Who here uses tripods? I have a few spots that I can't find a good tree, as well as a few locations that I would like to make quick adjustments on stand placement. Does anyone have any recommendations or feedback?

20-Nov-17
I have a 14 ft tripod, that i bought from Cabelas 15 years ago. The property i hunt is mainly open with small bushy trees. Get creative when brush in the stand.

20-Nov-17
Absolutely love em! The seat Swivels 360 degrees and they work great in tree planting as they grow,

20-Nov-17
been called one but never used one...

20-Nov-17
APauls........Bragger! ;-)

20-Nov-17
lol I just came off Rick's thread and thought bragging was OK! HE got all sorts of compliments ;)

20-Nov-17
They r just what the doc ordered when ur hunting brushy overgrown areas that don’t have any large trees for a stand. Where I hunt this is the case more times than not.

20-Nov-17
Do you use the little blind enclosure around them or just sit up there in the open?

20-Nov-17
I remove the rail for bow hunting. Mine is setup with a bushy hedgeapple tree behind it, to break up my silhouette. Zip ties and cedar limbs to add additional concealment.

20-Nov-17
South Texas Tripods makes the very best IMO. Get the 13 ft. and you don't need any accessories for bowhunting such as rails or stakes. Sets up almost instantly w/o tools. You need a couple of 'em. Personally, I have dozens...although I ended up making my own, lighter but South Texas Tripods are still better.

21-Nov-17
Not wanting to hijack this thread but I have a couple tripod questions as well. First, do you feel deer need time to get used them in the area like they would a blind? If not, any recommendations on tripods that are fairly portable and set up quickly. I have an area with lots of scrub trees and small evergreens but none good for a stand. It is also within sight of a road so I don't want to leave something out there and have it get stolen. Thanks for any input.

21-Nov-17
I like my Millenium tripod. It is easy to set up and weighs only 36 lbs. The only problem Is that is only about 10' while sitting. Ken

21-Nov-17
My brother uses tri-pod stands and loves them. we set them up in his swampy lowlands where there isn't much for trees. He does not have anything brushing them in however there are really tall trees that break up any ski line. He also picked up an old14 foot warehouse stand like the tall ones you would see in Home Depot and built a seat for it. He sat it in his hardwoods and we haven't been busted in it yet even though all it has is a waste high hand rail around it.

• Sitka Gear