Nick Muche 22-Nov-17
Franklin 22-Nov-17
Trial153 22-Nov-17
Redheadtwo 22-Nov-17
ahunter55 22-Nov-17
Fulldraw1972 22-Nov-17
dmann 23-Nov-17
22-Nov-17
So my soon to be ex wife's uncle and cousin have been hunting on her mothers land the last few years now, and by hunting I mean killing deer, taking a picture or two, and leaving them where they dropped. Absolutely unethical and immoral. Problem is they actually tag these deer, so no real poaching, so it seems. Found out recently they supposedly call in on my mother in laws landowner tags, because apparently they want to save themselves $30 on their own permit. So illegally tagged, but very difficult to prove. Just heard today though that one of them just killed his third buck this season, in a one buck state(Ky). So maybe they have bought their own tags this year, or just aren't tagging them anymore who knows. This really makes me angry, and yes I've let them know, including her mother who I told it would most likely fall back on her if theyre ever caught, since she's the one tagging all these deer. Was even asked to tell them to leave last year, which I did, then was told immediately by her that I shouldn't speak to her family that way(she isn't exactly stable/always drunk).

I don't hunt here and I'm never out that way anymore, and dont plan to be. Just posses me off that this is so easy to get away with. Sorry just needed to get all that out. Oh and a few of the deer do go to people who want them, so its not that wasteful.(an excuse ive heard for them).

22-Nov-17
Every family has its screwballs. Time to move on and find some land somewhere. I would definitely call the game warden of whats going on though.

22-Nov-17
Is it legal to leave a tagged deer in the field to rot??

I think I'd report it once and never look back. You've got a new life to get started on and letting this stuff eat at you will only keep you tied to it.

22-Nov-17
I have places to hunt not that's not an issue at all.

Another thing I don't understand, is most guys that "hunt" the way they do, would be in it for antlers only, but these guys kill 2 year old and under scrubs, just to leave them. They're only in it to kill and that's it.

22-Nov-17
GF there isn't any kind of wanton waste law here that I'm aware of.

22-Nov-17
You need to move on! Good luck in your future life.

22-Nov-17
Kentucky big game wanton waste statute 32-1002 - $500.00 fine

22-Nov-17
Here in north Florida illegal deer hunting is rampant, but leaving the meat in the woods is not, from what I've seen. Plenty of people in rural counties here that literally hunt deer all year round for the meat. I've been hunting the same leased property for 30 years now, and Fish and Game has never shown their face. Which doesn't matter much, as our restrictions are tougher than theirs. The problem is there are so few game wardens, and they are stretched so thin, that the careful poacher never gets caught.

22-Nov-17
The END, thanks I was not aware of that.

22-Nov-17
It could be worse, I’m being sued by family members over a piece of inherited property that I have zero interest in.

22-Nov-17
"You need to move on! Good luck in your future life."

Very hard to argue with Chuck's advice here. He's the voice of reason I cling to in hard times.

22-Nov-17
If you call in a "tip" telling them what you know...even if they are not caught this time they will be under scrutiny. If the Warden feels there is reliable evidence he will take it upon himself to nail the guys. I would report the slobs.

22-Nov-17
The soon to ex wife was as far as I needed to read....

22-Nov-17
Soon to he ex-wife is a tip telling you to report all of them. Ex-wives tend to screw you over when they can. Or try to.

22-Nov-17
report, move on & "smile" when you read their names in the paper.

22-Nov-17
First thing that comes to mind when I hear “soon to be exwife” is run and run fast.

Killing just to kill is one of the lowest things to come from the hunting world. Hopefully they face wanton waste tickets.

23-Nov-17
I'm definitely moving on got more important things to worry about, bad relationship all around. This was just something that's been on my mind a couple years and wanted to know what my fellow bowsiters thought(although I'm pretty sure I already knew)

Thanks guys.

• Sitka Gear