ELKMAN 26-Nov-17
WV Mountaineer 26-Nov-17
Bowfreak 26-Nov-17
JIMBOW 26-Nov-17
Bowfreak 26-Nov-17
JIMBOW 26-Nov-17
JIMBOW 27-Nov-17
25-Nov-17
Just notice that the riser on my Carbon defiant flexes/bows when pressed... is this normal? Is this because the bow is not being drawn? Does it matter? I thought stiffer =better (TWSS).

26-Nov-17
Then it probably flexes at full draw, did you crank the weight down before pressing? I don't but its recommended

26-Nov-17
It happens when pressing with the LCA adapters, which is the reason I don't use the LCA adapters. I made a caution bar for my press and it doesn't allow the bow to squirt out the bottom.

The bow does not flex at full draw. The riser is extremely rigid. It's the press itself that does it. Also...I think those adapters were a terrible design.

26-Nov-17
Thanks for the replies.

Bowfreak, do you have a picture of your caution bar? I'd like to see what you mean and possibly build one from my press.

26-Nov-17
Bowfreak is correct. I run an X-Press Pro and it holds everything completely and there is no flex. What you are seeing is the flexing from the EZ press design or lack there of. No worries

26-Nov-17
A Matthew's riser doesn't flex. :*)

26-Nov-17
Jimbow,

If you have an LCA you are probably stuck with adapters. My press doesn't work like the LCA's but it is a limb tip press. You could do the same for an LCA but it would require a little more effort than my press did. I'll get you a pic asap.

26-Nov-17
Much appreciated.

bummer for me that I had to buy a press with special adapters for my already spendy bow just to press it... hopefully it doesn't damage the bow, I've used it a lot.

26-Nov-17

Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Here is mine.

26-Nov-17
Gothcha thanks bowfreak.

27-Nov-17
UPDATE- Got this from Last Chance.

"Hi there,

Thank you for your question and for checking with us.

So by what we’ve been told from Hoyt directly, the riser flexing is not an issue at all. The adapter design and the bow design was from Hoyt and they’ve ensured us that the riser flex is normal and is not an issue.

Thanks for contacting us, let me know if you have any other questions.

Last Chance Archery, LLC | Jonathan Clark | Media/Marketing Director "

Good to know.

• Sitka Gear