Feedjake 26-Nov-17
Tilzbow 26-Nov-17
Tilzbow 26-Nov-17
Tilzbow 26-Nov-17
Stekewood 27-Nov-17
TXHunter 27-Nov-17
StickFlicker 27-Nov-17
25-Nov-17
I drew an AZ desert bighorn tag, please post your pedestal mounts. Do any of you wish you had done a life size mount after the hunt?

I don't have the room for a life size mount but have a archery shop that would display it for me if I did lifesize. Thanks in advance.......oh and btw Jake, I am serving tenderloins in camp the eve of the hunt for all my friends who are helping me! :)

Nick, Marvin feel free to chime in too.

25-Nov-17
Please post pictures and story of your hunt.

25-Nov-17

Bill Obeid's embedded Photo
My bighorn pedestal. My other sheep are full mounts. But, no regrets with a pedestal mount.
Bill Obeid's embedded Photo
My bighorn pedestal. My other sheep are full mounts. But, no regrets with a pedestal mount.

25-Nov-17
I will Craig, it's happening Dec. 1

25-Nov-17
Good luck it should be an adventure of a lifetime.

25-Nov-17
Make it happen.

25-Nov-17

Heat's embedded Photo
Heat's embedded Photo
No regrets not doing a lifesize mount. Takes up a ton of room which I simply don't have at this time nor did I in 2010 when I hunted.

25-Nov-17
To this day, that desert bighorn backstrap was one of the three finest wild game meals that I have ever had.....I wish you not only success, but also a great meal of sheep backstrap....rare to medium rare.....just ask Mad Trapper.

26-Nov-17
That turned out really nice Heat.

Have fun, enjoy and be safe mulehorn

Good luck, Robb

26-Nov-17
Thanks Robb!

Jim at Southwest Wildlife Taxidermy is a true artist and a great guy. Go with someone who not only can create the mount you want, but someone who you can trust!

Have a great hunt and good luck Mulehorn!

26-Nov-17

AZ~Rich's embedded Photo
AZ~Rich's embedded Photo
AZ~Rich's embedded Photo
AZ~Rich's embedded Photo
Heat, I sure had similar ideas with mine! If I had to do it again I would have done a full body.

26-Nov-17
Thanks for the pics guys, beautiful mounts, all of them. I'm still on the fence on which way to go but appreciate all the words of support.

I want to do this with the bow however if I use the rifle and there's no objections I will post throughout the hunt. I've been scouting all through Oct. and Nov. and the terrain has tested all my equipment to the max including my body. Anything ready to breakdown has done so this past month. It's been too hot, the sheep are holed up high and hidden but I got a few target rams on the radar. Cool weather and rain is forecasted for opening weekend so things can change in a hurry. Leaving tomorrow for camp to hunt Friday.More to come.

26-Nov-17
Good luck!! Remember.... rare to medium rare!!

26-Nov-17
I don't mind at all seeing a rifle sheep. Post away either way.

26-Nov-17

Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
A full body desert

26-Nov-17

Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
A pedestal Dall’s

26-Nov-17

Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
A full body, bedded Stone’s. I like them all equally and really like the variety. They all look much better in natural light, at some point I need to install some track lighting. Go with your heart and enjoy for years to come!

27-Nov-17
That’s one heck of a trio Tilz. Beautifu!

27-Nov-17

TXHunter's embedded Photo
TXHunter's embedded Photo
Full body AZ desert from 2014. An experience I will never forget.

27-Nov-17

StickFlicker's embedded Photo
StickFlicker's embedded Photo
Sorry, I can't offer you a lot of help. I can't seem to make-up my mind how to mount mine or even who to have mount it. The skin has been tanned for most 8 months now, but I can't seem to pull the trigger on what I want to do with it. I did have the life-sized skin tanned, and I'm fairly certain I will do life-sized even though I too don't know what I'll do with it once completed. Other than my mountain lion, it's really the only species I ever "knew" from the time I started hunting that I wanted a life-sized mount when I eventually took one. I'm guessing that someday down the road, if you decided that life-sized was a mistake, you could probably make a deal with someone with a tag to keep just the cape of theirs and you could pull your horns and let them put their horns on your life-sized mount and your horns on their cape for a head mount. I'm quite sure you could always sell a quality life-sized desert sheep mount to Cabella's or someone that wished they'd have done full-sized (even without the horns), if you regretted doing it, although getting a desert sheep cape to mount just the head later might be a problem. I doubt that you would regret having it full-sized, though.

What unit do you have for sheep? Marvin

• Sitka Gear