12yards 27-Nov-17
APauls 27-Nov-17
md5252 27-Nov-17
Kodiak 27-Nov-17
StickFlicker 27-Nov-17
M.Pauls 27-Nov-17
RogBow 27-Nov-17
26-Nov-17
We've all been there, you sneek into your stand on tiptoes attach the bow to the lift rope, quietly ascend to the stand taking every precaution to be silent your racing mind can conjure up and then...CLANK!! The riser hits something and every deer within a mile radius knows you're there.

Is carbon quieter? Also, anybody tried spraying their AL riser with bed liner?

26-Nov-17
The clank isn’t nothing compared to the walk in

26-Nov-17
Absolutely they are quieter when made properly.

26-Nov-17
Have not sprayed any bows with bed liner. Be sure you post that when finished... LMAO. I love this kind of stuff

26-Nov-17
Seems to me that bow companies should do more about it.

I should tell Mathews I'm available as a consultant.

26-Nov-17
Buddy of mine had a bear Alaskan compound flocked,riser and limbs.mouse on cotton quiet.don't know if anybody still does flocking anymore.

26-Nov-17
I find them to be more dead on the shot and quiet

26-Nov-17
Shooting my carbon riser seems to be more consistent with broadheads. Maybe is just in my head but I like mine. Not sure how would sound hitting a metal ladder though.

26-Nov-17
They are very quite, especially when you shoot a 675 gr arrow out of them.

27-Nov-17
They clank exactly the same way when you hit the ladder of a ladder stand with a carbon riser, the pitch is just a little different. My daughter has hit a ladder stand enough times with her carbon Hoyt for me to say this with 100% certainty.

27-Nov-17
Use carbon strap on steps: they aren't as noisy when you bang your bow against them ;o)

Seriously I concur that the sound of your bow riser hitting something shouldn't be the determining factor for buying a carbon bow. Although when carbon trekking poles hit rocks they make a bony/woody "click" versus an aluminum clank, so I'd guess risers of these different materials would sound different too.

27-Nov-17
My aluminum riser bow doesn't make that much noise when it hits a step. That said, I'm careful not to let it happen. It's all in the planning at the base of the tree. Put the bow on the proper side of the tree so when you hoist it there is little chance it will hit anything on the way up.

27-Nov-17
LOL Have to agree with ELKMAN that's a good one. I just use hockey tape on the tree stand so that when I fold my stand up it doesn't clink. I guess if you rang a bow off it it also wouldn't clink. I'd use any products on the stand not the bow. So you're going to buy a lightweight bow and then add a half pound of bedliner to it? :)

27-Nov-17
What Scoot said x2

Carbon is a different material than aluminum/steel and therefore behaves differently. Whether or not that means it’s more quiet is largely personal opinion

27-Nov-17

Kodiak  's embedded Photo
Kodiak  's embedded Photo
I like the bedliner idea, I'll post pics when I'm finished!

27-Nov-17
I can tell you they don't get as cold to the touch as aluminum on those cold days.

27-Nov-17
Get one made of antler, it’ll bring em right in!

27-Nov-17
M.Pauls for the win.

• Sitka Gear