Kodiak 07-Dec-17
Fuzzy 07-Dec-17
Ollie 07-Dec-17
Beendare 07-Dec-17
DEMO-Bowhunter 07-Dec-17
Don K 07-Dec-17
28-Nov-17

Hawkarcher's Link
Haven’t heard many details but the article says it’s a homicide and the perp(s) should be considered armed and dangerous. Wonder if he came across a meth lab or just a nut job.

28-Nov-17
Read this online earlier today as well. Pretty short on details at the moment.

28-Nov-17
JTV- I recall that.

28-Nov-17
Yes the Ohio serial hunter killer was doing the killings around Chillicothe, Ohio near where we hunt.

I never hunted anyone directly where we hunted.

He was figured out by a coworker who happens to look at the killing dates and looked and compared them to his companies attendance records.

28-Nov-17
The Ohio serial killer targeting hunters name was Dillon, from East Sparta, Ohio less than 5 miles from where I live... Matter of fact was apprehended about a mile and half from where I sit right now... Most of his victims were killed locally within a few surrounding counties... He did a lot of barn burnings too, and a couple of the barns I was very familiar with... He plead guilty to save himself from the chair... He was an evil man and died in prison:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2011/10/22/killer-dillon-who-hunted-outdoorsmen-is-dead.html

29-Nov-17
I’m actually the last camper at Honey Creek campground on Lake Rathbun. Kinda creepy being here alone. Pulled my hamstring 4th time in 2 weeks so I’m bailing on my hunt. This incident took place on the south side of the lake.

29-Nov-17
Holy smokes that is very close to where I hunt in T county as well! I never heard of this!

29-Nov-17
WOW! SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always wonder in cases like this what in the world would ever motivate somebody to do something like this???!!!!

29-Nov-17
I stayed at Honey Creek this last spring while turkey hunting. Hit a little close to home for me as well.

29-Nov-17
Zim, I'd get outta there too.

06-Dec-17

Hawkarcher's Link

06-Dec-17
That's awful. Keep us posted Hawk.

06-Dec-17
Will do WW. Not close to this by association or proximity but following on Facebook. Unclear whether the perp was after him or ran across him while hiding out from the cops. Sad deal either way.

07-Dec-17
About three months ago, I started writing a novel about a hit man who had been hired to kill hunters in various parts of the country. His targets were all either lawyers or judges. I am about half-way through and the book has taken on a life of its' own. In the last chapter, I had him shooting Mexican gang members in San Antonio...for his own enjoyment. Still trying to come up with a title. May never sell it but it is fun writing.

07-Dec-17
A friend of mine used to work with the murders dad. Both guys where sleeping with the same woman.

07-Dec-17
Wow a love triangle!!?? Crazy....

07-Dec-17
Bowriter: Add that angle to your book!

07-Dec-17
Hey bowriter, how about "The Hunter of Hunters".

lol

07-Dec-17
Glad they caught this POS.

07-Dec-17
dang

Bowriter I hope you publish, sounds like a good read

07-Dec-17
Heard a few more details on the local news yesterday. They said the dead hunter had multiple gunshot wounds and some stab wounds as well. Definitely not an accident.

07-Dec-17
Wow, that stalking hunters has me rethinking the importance of my camo choice...grin

07-Dec-17
This is crazy! In 2011, I hunted turkeys in Iowa on a hunt I bought at a local QDMA banquet. Curtis was my guide for that trip. He was a good guy to hunt with, it's a total shame. Glad they caught the SOB!

07-Dec-17
" Both guys where sleeping with the same woman."

Bet shes feeling real good about now.

Sad........

• Sitka Gear