drycreek 29-Nov-17
lewis 29-Nov-17
Pat Lefemine 29-Nov-17
Teeton 29-Nov-17
Pat Lefemine 30-Nov-17
Michael Schwister 01-Dec-17
Pat Lefemine 01-Dec-17
29-Nov-17
I have read somewhere that some folks disk their clover stands then over seed tire clover plots. How do you do this? how agressive/deep do you disk, ? what time of year (frost seeding?)

29-Nov-17
I would do frost seeding. Takes less time and equipment. Is very effective if done correctly.

29-Nov-17
Yup, I learned about that on Deerbuilder and tried it. It works great. Just a light disking to break up the roots. Stimulates thicker growth. Done it twice and all results were positive.

29-Nov-17
Last week I saw that the %?~~*£!!> hogs had disced my clover, but the term “lightly “ never crossed my mind. Oh well, I’ll kill a dozen or so of the bastards to get even and plant it to RR beans in the spring.

29-Nov-17
When are you doing the light disking

29-Nov-17
I do it late summer or mid summer as long as there’s good moisture and your clover is not stressed.

29-Nov-17
Are you saying that you do a light disking and don't put any seed down??

30-Nov-17

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
One month after disking and reseeding. Note. it takes new seed weeks to come up. So what you are seeing was generated by the disking, not the seeding.
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
One month after disking and reseeding. Note. it takes new seed weeks to come up. So what you are seeing was generated by the disking, not the seeding.
I have done both. First time I disked only. I noticed fresh young clover popping up. This past summer I did it again with my Woods Precision Seeder/Disk. I ran the unit over my existing plot, cutting the roots and dropping fresh overseeding as well. Here is what the plot looked like a month later.

Note. Pic was taken 8/3. Disk was done July 4th weekend. Don’t do this during summer stress but my property had ample moisture.

01-Dec-17
Summer is very hard on clover where I live (and fall also this year) due to dry conditions. Can I do it in march before green up? April after greenup?

01-Dec-17
Mike, I don't know if there is a better time to do it than others. I wouldn't want to do it when the ground was frozen and the clover was dormant as I think you'd really tear up your soil. But who knows. I just learned this trick two years ago.

• Sitka Gear