Sitka Gear
Another I hate my trail cameras thread..
Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
DRR324 30-Nov-17
splitlimb13 30-Nov-17
DRR324 30-Nov-17
Nick Muche 30-Nov-17
Kodiak 30-Nov-17
APauls 30-Nov-17
drycreek 30-Nov-17
PECO 30-Nov-17
wildan 30-Nov-17
wilbur 30-Nov-17
DRR324 30-Nov-17
spike78 30-Nov-17
beemann 30-Nov-17
BowSniper 30-Nov-17
carcus 30-Nov-17
WapitiBob 30-Nov-17
30-Nov-17
Probably could start by saying I'm just a bit frustrated... I recently moved from central MI area up to near Traverse City and have been putting my time in on a few CFL properties. These pieces are privately owned, but open to hunting. I put out one of my Wildgame cameras for most of October and it worked fine. I put out another Wildgame on Nov 1, changed the chip and checked batteries in the first one on the same day. Went out yesterday to pull chips, the one I have over scrape (which is still active- even through our gun season), get home all fired up to view the pics.... Cam one has 3 pics, daylight pics of nothing, 15' from the scrape, pointed directly north. Apparently I have ghost bucks working it. Cam 2 is placed with corn and beets, hoping to bring whatever deer I can get pics of as this is a new piece I'm looking at hunting. All of the feed is pretty much gone, this cam has 7 pics on it. Scattered throughout the 24 days I've had it out. 2 pics of a dog, one coon, 2 squirrel pics and 2 pics of does. I'm pretty sure (like 100% positive) the coon, squirrels and does didn't wipe out 25# of corn and a bag of beets. Both cameras were programmed for a pic a minute... and had fresh batteries. Needless to say, I was just like everyone of us who has experienced this- pretty devastated....lol. Guess I'm shopping for new cams for Christmas.

30-Nov-17
I've used WGI for 8 years now and the very first cam I bought I had issues with angle of the cam having to be perfect,and then monsoon hit and it was filled with water . I changed to the micro crush series and they have never given me one issue!! I recently purchased two of a newer model and have been running them for two weeks now and could no be happier. One is on alfalfa and took 1072 pics in one week

30-Nov-17

30-Nov-17
Wildgame cameras are nearly the worst I've ever used and I'd never use them again. That won't solve your problem but I hope that you get something figured out.

30-Nov-17
Wildgame cams get hammered in a lot of reviews.

Where there's smoke there's fire, they must be crap.

30-Nov-17
I've never purchased a wildgame camera hearing that they are garbage. Add to the fact you know Bill Buspbice is at the helm...

30-Nov-17
Wild Game IMMITATION ! Get you some Bushnell or Browning cams and you'll be a much happier guy. If you really want lots of pics, go video or 30 second intervals. Sucks power quickly from your batteries, but you'll get pics you wouldn't have otherwise. (Use the best batteries you can afford.) You might be surprised what you'll miss setting on one minute. I run 12 cameras on three places and Bushnells have served me well. Long battery life, good pics, and great customer service should you ever need it. I've had two replaced in the last 8 years, both were out of warranty, and I replaced both for $100 ea with cams that cost $150 retail. The two new ones take night pics to 60 feet, unheard of in the older ones.

30-Nov-17
The first Wild Game Inn cam I had worked well for a short period of time. The next one I still use but it takes way to many photos of wind blowing and shadows. My next camera will be something else for sure.

30-Nov-17
Had really bad luck and service from WGI;I now own three Bushnell's and two Brownings and happy with them .The latest a Bushnell Aggressor HD is amazing.Video looks like watching T.V.

30-Nov-17
Wildgame anything is junk. Don't support these azz clowns. Get yourself some Browning trail cameras and be done with it.

30-Nov-17
Yeah, they are garbage I'm finding out... they were gifts from my kids a couple years ago. I do have a bushnell that has worked fine for 4 years. Time to start shopping...

30-Nov-17
Same thing happened to me bait gone and few pics. Either one of two things. 1) The WG cam sucks or 2) It did not catch the birds, mice, and other small critters eating the bait.

30-Nov-17
Do yourself a favor and buy one reconyx hc 500 camera .. Than run it for a year and compare it to all the other cameras you have. Its hard to understand what your missing until you see it with your own eyes.

30-Nov-17
There are some real nice cams on the $200 +/- range. Cheap ones under $100 is just begging for trouble. I personally stay away from WGI, Primos, and Stealth cams.

30-Nov-17
I had one for a week, garbage

30-Nov-17
Partner has switched to little Browning cams, multiple birds in flight pics. Our older tasco units have worked flawlessly for several years as well, just not as quick.

• Sitka Gear