snapcrackpop 02-Dec-17
RogBow 02-Dec-17
Franklin 02-Dec-17
tech1 02-Dec-17
midwest 02-Dec-17
Tonybear61 02-Dec-17
rooster 03-Dec-17
02-Dec-17
I’ve been wearing a safety harness for a month.

How long did it take you to get totally use to your safety harness?

02-Dec-17
Your over thinking it, just be sure to use it!

02-Dec-17
Depends on the harness. I used to use a HS, I hated it. Super uncomfortable! Switched to Muddy, it's like it's not even there.

02-Dec-17
If you have a full body harness shouldnt even know it's on. Don't use a chest strap not as safe

02-Dec-17
Once I found one that fit me right....5 minutes. Gorilla GTac Air - if my brain is working.

02-Dec-17
Don't even know I have mine on. Been wearing this one so long, I feel naked without it. Mine is an old, Seat of the Pants that I did some customizing on. Use as a safety harness and a climbing belt.

02-Dec-17
Instantly with a rock climbing harness, couldn't stand the hunting made harnesses, never could get use to them, I've owned several!

02-Dec-17
SOP for me. I never even think about it unless I'm walking in or out with it on. I'll leave one leg off until I get to my tree then I hook it up.

02-Dec-17
I put mine when I leave the house. As I said, most of the time, I don't even know I am wearing it. I feel strange when hunting on the ground cause I don't have it on. Question for Rooster-why do you leave on leg off?

02-Dec-17

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Bowriter's embedded Photo
Harness and vest, ready to hit the woods.

02-Dec-17
How long?

A lot longer than it takes to have a single misstep, but not nearly as long as it takes to recover from a significant fall, and Dead is permanent.

02-Dec-17
Are you using the POS that came with your stand? If yes, then never! I'm heading down to REI this week and setting myself up with a Rock Climbing Harness and some way to self rescue, because I'd die before anybody knew what was up, I'm hunting three hours from home by myself, not good odds of somebody missing me before it was too late

02-Dec-17
I also used Seat of the Pants for several years. Never did feel comfortable in it. Switched to an HSS vest and felt great from the first night.

02-Dec-17
If you're not used to it in a month, you have the wrong one for you.

02-Dec-17
About 2 minutes

02-Dec-17
Muddy guy, all good except the metal leg clips but I fixed those with some felt.

02-Dec-17
I just got a Muddy on sale Cabelas. It goes on in 20 seconds and don’t even know it’s there. Also can be used with a linesman!’s belt for hanging stands. Best $40 I ever spent.

02-Dec-17
10 years for a full body harness, couldn't stand the thing. Tried the vest style, it was a little better but heavy. Switched to a rock climbing harness 6 or 7 years ago and never looked back.

02-Dec-17
I use the HSS bowhunters harness and from the get go it has been very comfortable. This year I've hooked up life lines on all my stands too. Had my ladders and scaffold collapse on me last July and broke my Right femur in half. Lots of rehab but have been hunting the whole season in Illinois. Got rid of crutches a month and a half ago. Having that happen made me realize, I don't want to fall again!!.

02-Dec-17
Be sure to know how to self rescue also. Not just "I'll climb down", but can you attach the suspension relief strap in the dark?

02-Dec-17
RC harness is great. Mine fits right over cold weather gear.

02-Dec-17
When they first came out it was harder than Chinese Arithmatic to put it on in the dark of the morning. They have come so far along there should be no excuse not to use one.

02-Dec-17
Franklin, like a ball of binder twine???

02-Dec-17
Pat, you've got nice boobs.

02-Dec-17
Watch out Al Franken is lurking in the bushes behind her...

03-Dec-17
Bowriter, I leave the leg undone to keep the buckles from clicking together while walking in. Plus it releives any bunching or binding in the " groinal" area ;). I put the strap and buckle in my pocket to keep from it hanging up on something during my walk in.

• Sitka Gear