Whitetail Deer
Contributors to this thread:
Bows the way 05-Dec-17
Paul@thefort 05-Dec-17
Paul@thefort 05-Dec-17
ground hunter 06-Dec-17
Bows the way 06-Dec-17
05-Dec-17
Hey guys gotta a question. My property is in the UP of michigan. I have an area 50X100 i can clear sandy soil cool climate we've been running feeders and buck development has slowly improved however whatever I plant they'll eat up fast. What should i plant. Soil can be wet at times.

05-Dec-17
Rick, do a search on Google, and type in Food Plots Upper Michigan. Some good info there from others with the same question over the past year or so.

05-Dec-17
Also, the UP has only 100 growing day from frost to frost. Search, "what farm crops in the UP of Michigan and you might get some ideas. I spent 11 years around Marquette, in the 1960, early 70s. Great place to live if you have a job.

06-Dec-17
I am in Iron County,,,,, go to the Wis forum and look up the poster who goes by "Happygolucky"...... he has turned a cedar swamp area in Menomonee Co to a pretty good food plot area,,,, he would be a good source of info....

I do not plots, just select cut, let nature take over, and plant apple trees, deer need wood,,,,,,,

also your county soil conservationist will have suggestions,,,, check with the guys from UP resources, and the local Whitetail Unlimited Chapter,,,,

what area are you in, the UP is all not the same,,,,,

06-Dec-17
Ground Hunter I'm in Schoolcraft county. I've talked to happy lots of times but I don't have access to a dozer like he did. I have two big marshes north and south of me and when the water is high it can affect my property. Thanks though

• Sitka Gear