Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
Woods Walker 06-Dec-17
1boonr 06-Dec-17
BOHUNTER09 06-Dec-17
dhaverstick 07-Dec-17
Treeline 07-Dec-17
06-Dec-17
I have a Rancho Safari Shaggie Longcoat. I put it on and drew my bow and then had someone trim my bow arm and chest area where the string might hit. I also have an old OD knee sock that I cut the foot part from and I slide that up my bow arm like an arm guard. Works great.

06-Dec-17
It comes with instructions on how cut open and remove skull plate of 2 year old buck and replace with antlers bought off Ebay of mature buck. Just in case you actually can’t kill anything huntin from the ground

06-Dec-17
He fell out of favor for faking killing of one or more large deer. Bought a rack and sewed it onto a deer he had killed. Really screwed up. Put all his previous kills in question

07-Dec-17

dhaverstick's embedded Photo
It's a lot cheaper just to buy a regular ghillie and then trim it yourself. You don't need the arm completely bare. Bush Rag and Rothco both make decent suits. The Bush Rag suit is better quality but Rothco is cheaper. I wear a full length arm guard to help keep the suit out of my bow string. Darren

07-Dec-17
Have a bunch of different ghillies from different sources.

Actually match them to the different terrain I hunt - light grey for sagebrush, one with tan strings for grass or late season crops and a dark pattern for timber. Makes a big difference for the big open country not to be a big black blob with something too dark.

I just trim my bow arm and wear a long arm guard like dhaverstick.

• Sitka Gear