HDE 13-Dec-17
Scoot 13-Dec-17
Cheesehead Mike 13-Dec-17
The last savage 13-Dec-17
78cj5 13-Dec-17
Mule Power 14-Dec-17
ELKMAN 14-Dec-17
13-Dec-17
I don't know the exact date Scoot but the elk/deer combos did not have any leftovers at all. The elk only went shortly after as lots of hunters who didn't draw the elk/deer jumped on them. A big change from the few years prior.

406-444-2950 is the licensing department for an exact answer.

13-Dec-17
For the past 5 years, I've found out if I drew in New Mexico around the end of April. It hasn't been June for a long time.

13-Dec-17
Did a search in my email for the big game notifications, and the big game draw results were available on 12 April 2017 for New Mexico. This is early however, and it is usually when I come out of the mountains while turkey hunting. So around the middle to end of April.

13-Dec-17
For 2017-2018 hunting season, deadline for G&F to provide results was April 26. They often come out a little early.

13-Dec-17
With today's online system and pay up front, no reason to not have them out within two weeks of the deadline.

13-Dec-17
Thanks guys. Mule Power, I thought there were leftovers, but they sold out pretty quickly?

Sounds to me like I need to apply for a tag if I want to be assured to get a general tag in MT this year.

13-Dec-17
I found my email from NM G&F on April 12th informing me that I had drawn a tag.

I didn't realize that MT sold out last year... I guess it will be harder to use MT as a backup plan...

13-Dec-17
Ok I'm new to western hunting,,not hunting,,so you can purchase a tag,basically otc if there are tags " leftover"???..MT as said..

13-Dec-17
It depends. Here in NM there are not left over elk tags, unless you buy a landowner tag, but there are deer tags. They put them on sale usually for a day to residents only and then they go on sale to everybody on a first come first serve basis. It is all done online here.

14-Dec-17
One thing worth mentioning: You can mail a paper app to Montana just prior to them issuing draw results. They date stamp them and issue the leftovers on a first come me first served basis by the date apps were received.

14-Dec-17
Not even sure MT is selling out? I remember when the price made that massive jump and EVERYONE said what huge mistake it was and they would never sell out again... LOL (BTW you are wasting your money IMO)

• Sitka Gear