APauls 18-Dec-17
BIG BEAR 18-Dec-17
APauls 18-Dec-17
Busta'Ribs 18-Dec-17
Charlie Rehor 18-Dec-17
Duke 18-Dec-17
Bou'bound 19-Dec-17
16-Dec-17
Thought I’d give a heads up to antler fanatics that the winter issue of Big Buck magazine will be featuring a stunning whitetail killed near Prince Albert SK in early December. I recently had the antlers in my hands at my taxidermy buddy’s shop and they are jaw dropping in every respect. It is a 6x5 with a few stickers. Grosses over 230” and will net over 200” Typicall. Main beams are over 31”, 10” brows, tines over a foot long and the entire rack has the darkest, wickedest coloration I’ve ever seen. If this buck and the Hanson buck were standing side by side 99 out of 100 hunters would shoot this one I’m not kidding. I believe the issue will be out in January. Enjoy!

16-Dec-17
Is it this buck?

16-Dec-17
No doubt a huge deer and congrats to the hunter. Personally, I got so disgusted with reading that magazine I stopped my subscription. I'm not saying this guy did this, but ALOT of articles were.....well we had been driving around all day looking for a big shooter buck. Finally saw one in the field. Stopped at the nearest house and asked for permission. They said yes and I shot him. Wow great story. You hunted so hard (rolls eyes) guess that's how they roll up there. Not my kind of hunting.

16-Dec-17
That's an awesome deer. Congratulations to the hunter. Yes, I agree that I would shoot this buck before the Hansen buck.

16-Dec-17
There is a crapload of road hunting happens in all the prairie provinces. I just shake my head. At least it keeps those clowns out of the woods!

16-Dec-17
Grunter - Your phrase "I guess that's how they roll up there", I assume you are making a generalization that everyone in Canada or Saskatchewan hunts that way is a huge generalization and simply is not true. I for one, have hunted in Saskatchewan for close to 50 years and have yet to shoot a deer or other big game animal for that matter out of a vehicle as I do not like or want to hunt that way. I prefer tree stand and/or rattling/ calling and have been successful. True, I have not shot anything as large as in this picture but have done quite well over the years. Also true, there are many who do hunt from vehicles, particularly in the open agricultural land but I am seeing more and people hunting in the forest as I live close to the forest boundary where I do all of my big game hunting. Please do not imply that all of us "up there" only hunt from vehicles which also implies that none of us know how to hunt.

16-Dec-17
Don't fret it ask_archer. A generalization is just that. If you hunt in Sask you know a ton of people hunt that way. A ton don't as well. Everyone knows a ton of people hunt on baits as well. That doesn't happen from a vehicle. There's also a decent number of guys who hunt in the bush not on baits.

I've gotten drawn in Sask 3 times and had a blast each time. But I can tell you this. Every bluff and ravine will have vehicle tracks all the way around it never mind the roads. And that will be after a fresh snowfall or not. The tracks don't make themselves. Generalizations and stereotypes exist for a reason. A ton of people get their deer from a pickup and that's "no guff." lol, sorry couldn't resist.

17-Dec-17
Nice buck, I'm surprised the deer lived long enough to get that big up there, looks pretty wide open.

17-Dec-17
"If this buck and the Hanson buck were standing side by side 99 out of 100 hunters would shoot this one I’m not kidding."

I don't know about the other 99, but this One agrees with you.

Too bad Milo didn't give that one a few years to put on some mass......

Snark.

18-Dec-17
Bucks can live in the wide open when the population of Saskatchewan is 1.13 million people and it is roughly the size of Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico and South Dakota all put together :)

18-Dec-17
I love big buck magazine !! I need to renew my subscription..... I'd rather read hunters stories than another how to deer hunt article..... and some other magazines are nothing but advertising........ Big Buck is hunters stories and GREAT photos !!!!

18-Dec-17
Yup Big Buck Mag, only one I buy

18-Dec-17
Awesome deer Rob! Just realized how much I missed my subscription so I just renewed, thanks for posting this giant.

18-Dec-17
I like Pats buck better:)

18-Dec-17
Should have probably let that one grow for another year—he would have been really special next fall. :)

19-Dec-17
no guarantee he would have got a shot at it next fall though

• Sitka Gear